Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I just started out reading about a year ago. At the moment I'm reading some Superman: The man of steel issues.
    So to keep it going
    Superman: The man of Steel whole series
    Batman 2016
    The amazing Spider-Man
    Anything Star Wars related
    And The Swamp Thing

I bought some Kid Eternity comics from the 90s. I got sidetracked with Lemire's Moon Knight.

Spectacular Member

I'm 4 years behind in my reading, totally screwed. Flushing $$$ monthly. Want to drive Flash and WW to #800. Done with monthlies at that point. No GI Joe, no Cap book. Meh on the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jely4me View Post
    I'm 4 years behind in my reading, totally screwed. Flushing $$$ monthly. Want to drive Flash and WW to #800. Done with monthlies at that point. No GI Joe, no Cap book. Meh on the rest.
    Cap relaunches next month.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jely4me View Post
    I’m 4 years behind on reading my floppies, from divorce and 2 moves. Need to finish Immortal Hulk and dive into the Hickmann X-Men, as well as Nightwing and a few others. I’m dumb and should stop altogether but I’m not quite there yet with comics…I did decide to try reading 3-4 a day to get to that 1000 comics in a year thing, we’ll see…
    I'm currently catching up on 2017 titles. I've discovered that Nightwing #29 is Part 2 of the Gotham Resistance crossover. Part 3 is in Suicide Squad #26. Can anyone tell me what other titles and issues were included, and whether they've been collected in a trade paperback? Thanks for your help.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I have a few dozen of those sitting around my collections room. Too many to mention.
    Here are some up and comers that are next
    1. Monster of Frankenstein Complete Collection - COMPLETED, Grade: A
    2. Nick Fury vs SHIELD - COMPLETED, Grade: B (I feel portions of this were lifted for the MCU film CA:WS)
    3. Son of Satan Complete Collection
    4. Deathlok: Rage Against the Machine complete collection (the Jack Truman version, post Collins run)
    5. Midnight Sons collection, various issues - COMPLETED, Grade: B+
    6. Machine Man Complete Collection - COMPLETED, Grade: C+

Current Collections Read: Speedball the Complete Collection - COMPLETED, Grade: B
    A friend loaned me all 6 tpb volumes of Paper Girls, which I just started vol.6, so I could watch prior to viewing the show.
    It is a fanfiction love story to so much that is the mid/late 1980s. I'm enjoying it a lot, eager to see how it wraps. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

Then I'm going to circle back to Son of Satan and Deathlok(I actually have 2 different trades). I've also picked up the US Agent tpb collecting his 80s/90s stories.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

I have tons of short boxes of my favorite comics that I've been meaning to revisit but I'm always stuck with my nose in my tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    -Saga
    -Anything by Brubaker and Phillips
    -Monstress (I actually read a few issues, but it wasn't enough)
    -Spirou
    -Anything indie written by Mariko Tamaki
    -Far Sector
    -The current TMNT comics, be it the ongoing or a miniseries, like Last Ronin
    -Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic
    I've read a few of these in the last couple of months:

-Saga; thank to the Compendium #1. I loved it
    -Brubaker and Phillips: Pulp in hardcover and The Fade In in single issues. I loved both of them. TFI is a clear example on how to do floppies: no ads, only at the end to show more of the tandem's work. Cool articles as extras and a letters page. Amazing
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I might have you all beat for I have a comic that I've wanted to read for 58 years! It's DC Showcase 55 Solomon Grundy's first silver age appearance, I won't go into detail but it had to do with a childhood trauma concerning a stay in hospital when I was 6 years old. I have read thousands upon thousands of comics since but I won't open this one and I don't know why? I should add that at the time I thought Grundy was the Frankenstein monster.
    Last edited by tv horror; 09-04-2022 at 07:49 PM.
    Hail Hydra!

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    I might have you all beat for I have a comic that I've wanted to read for 58 years! It's DC Showcase 55 Solomon Grundy's first silver age appearance, I won't go into detail but it had to do with a childhood trauma concerning a stay in hospital when I was 6 years old. I have read thousands upon thousands of comics since but I won't open this one and I don't know why? I should add that at the time I thought Grundy was the Frankenstein monster.
    That's a wild story. Hope you get the chance to read it some day.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    That's a wild story. Hope you get the chance to read it some day.
    I do own a copy of the comic so the opportunity is there but NO desire. Thanks for the reply.
    Hail Hydra!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adora18 View Post
    You refer to:
    Monster of Frankenstein Complete Collection
    Nick Fury vs SHIELD
    Son of Satan Complete Collection
    word counter
    My favorite books
    Attention moderators: Is this link legit? It looks suspect by a first time poster. Phishing?
    Usually when I hover a link a legit URL shows up, this looks suspicious.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime