Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    The Great rinng rules Arrako, the Quiet Council runs Karroka.
    Maybe Lodus Logos, who holds the Seat of Dreams [kind of a fit there for Dani].

But I think she'd have her work cut out for her no matter who she challenged -- isn't the Great Ring comprised of all Omega level mutants?

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post
    Maybe Lodus Logos, who holds the Seat of Dreams [kind of a fit there for Dani].

But I think she'd have her work cut out for her no matter who she challenged -- isn't the Great Ring comprised of all Omega level mutants?
    Omega doesn't mean unbeatable just powerful, even the Isca the unbeatable can be taken down by a smart opponent.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

@Arachne, I don't think you're going to like New Mutants issue #26 very much. Dani and Rahne are completely irrelevant / background wallpaper. They serve no purpose in the issue, have no role nor impact on how the issue unfolds. Almost like they're just arbitrarily there... as you predicted.

Pair of recent articles that belong posted here.

The first one celebrates Dani's "gritty" variant cover for NM #26 -- and also includes a homage to her leadership / bad-assery: https://screenrant.com/new-mutants-d...vel-cover-art/

DM.jpg

The second lists Dani as an X-Men who should join the Avengers ["Dani Moonstar has long deserved a chance at the big leagues"]: https://www.cbr.com/x-men-who-should...ngers-instead/

Tough to argue with that!

Screenshot 2022-06-28 070724.jpg
    Last edited by rf2044; 06-28-2022 at 06:41 AM.

@Arachne, I don't think you're going to like New Mutants issue #26 very much. Dani and Rahne are completely irrelevant / background wallpaper. They serve no purpose in the issue, have no role nor impact on how the issue unfolds. Almost like they're just arbitrarily there... as you predicted.
    as bad as this is, they are still faring better than Warpath

Guess that's why I'm not feeling too enthusiastic about getting this issue. I'll probably read it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    as bad as this is, they are still faring better than Warpath
    I really don't think Dani/Rahne being irrelevant for one issue is that bad. They both got a lot to do last arc. Not sure why this book is held to such a higher standard than other books where some characters are doing nothing for 20 issues. It feels like everyone has had stuff to do in Vita's New Mutants in way less issues than many of the other Krakoa books -- they've earned one arc that's focused on Magik and has others in the background. Especially when we've got a confirmed Warpath focus issue right after this.

I hadn't realized the costume Dani uses in Marvel Super Wars (2019) wasn't an original costume, but something she has worn on multiple occasions (or variations of it).

I wish she wore it more often, it's one of her best looks, rivaling the Age of X costume. Though I might like this one better, because it references her Asgardian stints.

It frustrates me so much that the NM are always forced back into their ugly training uniforms, instead of letting them express themselves with individual costumes. :/

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I hadn't realized the costume Dani uses in Marvel Super Wars (2019) wasn't an original costume, but something she has worn on multiple occasions (or variations of it).

I wish she wore it more often, it's one of her best looks, rivaling the Age of X costume. Though I might like this one better, because it references her Asgardian stints.

It frustrates me so much that the NM are always forced back into their ugly training uniforms, instead of letting them express themselves with individual costumes. :/
    Dani is no longer a Valkyrie.
    Immortal in the Force.

I know, but that doesn't mean she can't reference the several Valkyrie storylines she'd had through some choice costume layers. Plus it looks nice with the western look of the overall costume.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I know, but that doesn't mean she can't reference the several Valkyrie storylines she'd had through some choice costume layers. Plus it looks nice with the western look of the overall costume.
    The armor is magical she can only summon it when she is actively in Valkyrie mode.
    Immortal in the Force.

The armor is magical she can only summon it when she is actively in Valkyrie mode.
    Oh I didn't realize it was something associated only with her Valkyrie form. That sucks, it looks great otherwise.

Though to be fair, there isn't really anything stopping her from wearing a variation of it. *thinking* Maybe without the headgear and armor, so that element stays with the Valkyrie form.

rebelwarrio217.jpg
    Art by Rebelwarrior217

She's not?

Did something change after King in Black?

She's not?

Did something change after King in Black?
    King in Black had her enter a dimension that was powered by memories, which gave her temporary access to her old Valkyrie powers.
    Immortal in the Force.