Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Ah, I don't think I've seen them. There no theatre close to where I live, so I don't get out to the movies very often, and I've been focusing my streaming time on the MCU.

Back to the other topic of conversation, if Dani went evil what code name would she use if she had one? Nightmare is taken, I believe.

Dani Dreadful.

Or Misery. Or Diabolique.

Or maybe some play on her name, like Moonstorm or Moonstrike.
    Last edited by rf2044; 05-01-2022 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Sleep Walker should recruit Dani, Trauma and Phobos for a mission to dethrone Nightmare and free the Dream dimension.
    I don't know who Sleep Walker is, but that sounds like a cool way to get her off Krakoa. Not sure why she's on Krakoa anyway, Dani's always been about integration.

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post
    Dani Dreadful.

Or Misery. Or Diabolique.

Or maybe some play on her name, like Moonstorm or Moonstrike.
    I like Misery, a lot.

I don't know who Sleep Walker is, but that sounds like a cool way to get her off Krakoa. Not sure why she's on Krakoa anyway, Dani's always been about integration.

I like Misery, a lot.
    Sleepwalkers are a sort of dream police who keep the inhabitants of the dream dimension from invading the minds of humanity, naturally they absolutely detest Nightmare, the Sleepwalker most of the M.U interacts with inhabits the mind of a guy named Rick and manifests in the real world when Rick sleeps.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

It's pretty crazy -- last year's Dani thread only had 285 posts for the entire year [I see it when I do a search for this thread].

We've got more than 360 at the end of April this year Glad to see more chatter around her thread this year.

This video popped into my rolling Marvel news feed today. It reviews Dani's formative plot lines from the Claremont era that the narrator believes were central to her character development.

Pretty interesting summary -- looks like it was just published yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IHCPWFEn3w
    Last edited by rf2044; 05-05-2022 at 11:49 AM.

Building on Arachne's question above...

Given that the MCU now has the multiverse to work with, to say nothing of the potential for mutants to originate in the prime MCU universe anyway -- what type of New Mutants reboot movie would you like to see, if one eventually comes?

An origin story?

A story where a key character discovers their mutant abilities, and gets added to an already existing New Mutants squad?

Something else?

Given that the MCU now has the multiverse to work with, to say nothing of the potential for mutants to originate in the prime MCU universe anyway -- what type of New Mutants reboot movie would you like to see, if one eventually comes?

An origin story?

A story where a key character discovers their mutant abilities, and gets added to an already existing New Mutants squad?

Something else?
    The first act Dani as a teacher at the school, then her her students are kidnaped and she goes full Wanda on the abductors, directed by Sam Rami.
    Immortal in the Force.

An origin story?

Something else?
    I'd like to see them as an established team of X-men rescuing mutant kids from unscrupulous scientists, government agencies and such. I guess that's more X-Force than X-men, though, and it'll likely never happen.

I started playing a game of Starforged last night (the sci-fi sequel to the fantasy Ironsworn, a solo table top rpg) to celebrate the final digital release. I decided to use Dani as the heroine and thought I'd share the stats I gave her.

Name: Dani Moonstar
    Callsign: Psyche

Heart: 3
    Edge: 2
    Wits: 2
    Iron: 1
    Shadow: 1

Asset cards: Starship (The Mirage), Archery, Empath, Explorer

Vow: Stop the anti-mutant cult that took over her colony and may have killed her parents.

Equipment: Spacer Kit, Power Bow, Black Iron "X" Token (given to her by the mysterious "Professor" who helped her escape the colony.)

I had to change her back story some to fit the setting and I haven't determined what her first adventure will be, but it should be fun.

Unexpected Dani appearance in Marvel Meow #6. Just the one panel/page.

Screenshot_20220515-200023_Marvel Unlimited.jpg

Probably the closest I'll ever get to a Dani Moonstar/Bucky Barnes crossover. (Pretty sure the white cat is Bucky's Alpine.)

Cool pic - almost looks like Peach Momoko's art.

Here's an article reviewing New Mutants #25 -- this writer scored the issue quite highly.

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/05/16/ne...nts-25-review/

Been a long wait -- really looking forward to this issue!

Yeah, Marvel Meow is adorable. One of the best parts of having Marvel Unlimited. (Not that I'd suggest getting it just for that.)

Not going to read the review until I've read the issue. I can't quite believe it's almost here, it's been sooo long. Hopefully we get some good Dani bits.

Unexpected Dani appearance in Marvel Meow #6. Just the one panel/page.

Screenshot_20220515-200023_Marvel Unlimited.jpg

Probably the closest I'll ever get to a Dani Moonstar/Bucky Barnes crossover. (Pretty sure the white cat is Bucky's Alpine.)
    Do her powers make controlling cats easier or is she more susceptible to their mind-control?
    Immortal in the Force.

They probably cancel each other out. She had a pretty good relationship with Ridgerunner, neither one seemed to be in control of the other.

Yeah, Marvel Meow is adorable. One of the best parts of having Marvel Unlimited. (Not that I'd suggest getting it just for that.)

Not going to read the review until I've read the issue. I can't quite believe it's almost here, it's been sooo long. Hopefully we get some good Dani bits.

There's no spoilers -- it only discusses things at a high level, with no plot specifics.

Okay, I caved and read it. Sounds good. No mention of the rest of the cast, though. Hopefully we get some good subplots. That's one thing I liked about the Shadow King storyline, there was lots of other stuff going on.

When's the last time Dani got a storyline of her own? Either subplot or main. War of the Realms?