Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Dani Moonstar: Cheyenne Valkyrie Appreciation 2022

Time to run it back for 2022!

Rex.jpg

bad ass2.jpg

Looking forward to seeing what 2022 has in store for Krakoa's resident Indigenous bad ass!

bad ass7.jpg

Astonishing Member

I would love to see Vita Ayala follow up on the seeds planted in X-Factor, with Northstar and Dani talking about some of their younger proteges being more powerful than the QC realizes and keeping that under wraps because frankly they don't trust the QC to have the younger mutants' best interests in mind rather than exploit them. I feel that's a natural progression from Dani's time as a teacher and counselor and would love to see her running interference, building on the theme that her priority is the well-being of the young mutants who might just be seen as the means to an end by others.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I would love to see Vita Ayala follow up on the seeds planted in X-Factor, with Northstar and Dani talking about some of their younger proteges being more powerful than the QC realizes and keeping that under wraps because frankly they don't trust the QC to have the younger mutants' best interests in mind rather than exploit them. I feel that's a natural progression from Dani's time as a teacher and counselor and would love to see her running interference, building on the theme that her priority is the well-being of the young mutants who might just be seen as the means to an end by others.
    I would like to see her, Stacy X and Northstar start a Shadow Council that dealt with all the problems of nation building that the QC is too lazy to think about.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Thank vita for all the wonderful things they have done for dani in 2021 it has been cool seeing how her powers interact no the magical realms too. New mutants has been a great read and i'm hoping dani continues to show up in the book, perhaps bishop can catch wind of some of the ideas Dani and Warbird have ie the kids and they can open an official school/academy x on Arrako as also a way for both types of mutants to be come more than "cousins" in name only. It could be a really cool mutant take on stange academy.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Spectacular Member

Probably not a very popular opinion, but I loved the New Mutants movie and especially Dani in it. I'm currently reading the first New Mutants epic collection and I also love this version of Dani.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post

Agreed. There were a lot of seeds planted that I hope don't end up being dropped plots as the story advances. That dinner with Northstar would have been a fascinating conversation to see -- especially given how things seem to be destabilizing on Krakoa.

Another is Tran / Xi'an being resurrected after dying in the crucible. It's been months with no insight about what happened.

Hope they don't lose sight of some of these interesting subplots.

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post
    Agreed. There were a lot of seeds planted that I hope don't end up being dropped plots as the story advances. That dinner with Northstar would have been a fascinating conversation to see -- especially given how things seem to be destabilizing on Krakoa.
    True. It will be interesting to see how the New Mutants react to that. Hopefully, they won't be left on the sidelines. (But I wouldn't be surprised.)

Another is Tran / Xi'an being resurrected after dying in the crucible. It's been months with no insight about what happened.
    I think Tran gets more discussion in Dani's threads than Xi'an's. I want to know what happened to him too, though. Guy's literally a man who was trapped in a woman's body. I wonder about the impact. If he was aware, that is (and Dead Souls suggests he was.)

Hope they don't lose sight of some of these interesting subplots.
    I'm just hoping Dani gets some interesting subplots. She's just been kind of there, supporting everyone else's plots.

How will Dani and the rest of the New Mutants react when they find out the only thier team was created was so Moria X could manipulate Xavier.
    Immortal in the Force.

Where was this revealed? I haven't been reading anything but New Mutants for awhile now.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Where was this revealed? I haven't been reading anything but New Mutants for awhile now.
    When the New Mutants were formed the X-men were presumed dead and Xavier was thinking shutting down the school, then Moria shows up with Rhane and letter arrives informing Xavier that his god-daughter is mutant who needs training. Since Hickman's retcon now makes Moria an evil mastermind armed a future knowledge what was before your typical comic book coincidence now looks like a way for Moria to keep Xavier on the path she laid out for him.
    Last edited by norj; 01-07-2022 at 05:13 AM.
    Immortal in the Force.

Oh, I thought you meant the current team. Yeah, they'll be upset about that, but it's Rahne that's going to get hit hardest. I think that will supersede the founding of the team.

Happy New Year to Dani and her fans .

Here's an article listing what they think the top 10 New Mutants issues are:

https://screenrant.com/new-mutants-b...comics-issues/

Not sure I agree with several of these, or the rationale for why they are listed.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    When the New Mutants were formed the X-men were presumed dead and Xavier was thinking shutting down the school, then Moria shows up with Rhane and letter arrives informing Xavier that his god-daughter is mutant who needs training. Since Hickman's retcon now makes Moria an evil mastermind armed a future knowledge what was before your typical comic book coincidence now looks like a way for Moria to keep Xavier on the path she layer out for him.
    So it's a sub-plot of a bad fanfic.

I missed a lot of 90s stuff: did they ever tell the story of what happen between her joining the Valkyries and her joining the MLF?
    They could do a whole mini series about Dani's adventures in Asgard.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way