Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I missed a lot of 90s stuff: did they ever tell the story of what happen between her joining the Valkyries and her joining the MLF?
    They could do a whole mini series about Dani's adventures in Asgard.
    No they did not and has been driving me crazy.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

I missed a lot of 90s stuff: did they ever tell the story of what happen between her joining the Valkyries and her joining the MLF?
    They could do a whole mini series about Dani's adventures in Asgard.
    Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    No they did not and has been driving me crazy.

In the main, NORJ is right -- there has been very little covering her time in Asgard after she left the New Mutants in 1990 and reappeared in X-Force in 1997 as a deep cover operative for S.H.I.E.L.D. who'd infiltrated the MLF. In fact, the lone glimpse we got of what she was up to in Asgard with her Valkyrie sisters was a one-shot short story that appeared in Marvel Comics Presents #121 [1993], when Dani's Valkyrie training got interrupted by the appearance of Hotamitanio, one of her Cheyenne deities, who was displeased with her for what he viewed as her turning her back on her cultural heritage by staying in Asgard.

It was only a 4 or 5 page story, but it's worth checking out. Here are some screenshots:

Screenshot 2020-12-31 183800.jpg

RCO014_1467436686.jpg

Otherwise, what transpired while she was in Asgard has not been covered in any detail. In X-Force, Dani alluded to having been cast out of Asgard, and falling back to Earth from the sky screaming -- but what led up to that occurring is a mystery. I agree with you, mugiwara, it would make for a cool mini-series!
    Last edited by rf2044; 01-07-2022 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Great art -- thanks for posting. Sounds like the issue is being released tomorrow [January 12th]. This article has a little more information:

https://screenrant.com/marvel-voices...eagle-mutants/

Does anyone know what the publication cadence is? Annual? Wasn't the last Indigenous Voices book published around this time last year [maybe more like November 2020]?
    Last edited by rf2044; 01-11-2022 at 05:22 AM.

I'm pretty sure it's an annual thing, now.

Has anyone read it? Does Dani have a decent role?

Edit: Yeah, the last one was released Nov. 2020.
    Last edited by Arachne; 01-12-2022 at 10:54 AM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

New year, new appreciation, new excuse to draw Valkyrie Dani. Give me a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's an annual thing, now.

Has anyone read it? Does Dani have a decent role?

Edit: Yeah, the last one was released Nov. 2020.

Just read it online.

My opinion only -- her appearance was a little disappointing, I liked the other stories that appeared in this issue a bit more. Her short story ["The Unexpected"] kicked off the issue but was brief, only like 5 pages long, and there wasn't much context to the plot. So not a big role nor a very intricate story for her to be involved with. Without giving anything away, I think that the message of the story was the point, and "bigger" than the substance of the story itself.

Here's a couple of pics from her appearance:

D1.jpg

D2.jpg
    Last edited by rf2044; 01-13-2022 at 02:32 PM.

Another winning image from my new Instagram obsession GUILLEN. Check their work out. Stunning.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CQwJWdDMO4M/
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post
    In the main, NORJ is right -- there has been very little covering her time in Asgard after she left the New Mutants in 1990 and reappeared in X-Force in 1997 as a deep cover operative for S.H.I.E.L.D. who'd infiltrated the MLF. In fact, the lone glimpse we got of what she was up to in Asgard with her Valkyrie sisters was a one-shot short story that appeared in Marvel Comics Presents #121 [1993], when Dani's Valkyrie training got interrupted by the appearance of Hotamitanio, one of her Cheyenne deities, who was displeased with her for what he viewed as her turning her back on her cultural heritage by staying in Asgard.

It was only a 4 or 5 page story, but it's worth checking out. Here are some screenshots:

Screenshot 2020-12-31 183800.jpg

RCO014_1467436686.jpg

Otherwise, what transpired while she was in Asgard has not been covered in any detail. In X-Force, Dani alluded to having been cast out of Asgard, and falling back to Earth from the sky screaming -- but what led up to that occurring is a mystery. I agree with you, mugiwara, it would make for a cool mini-series!
    Wow, I wasn't aware of that. I'll have to check that. I always love when they use gods outside of the usual greek and nordic pantheons.
    Looks like that Cheyenne god was also a jealous one.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Astonishing Member

Wow, I wasn't aware of that. I'll have to check that. I always love when they use gods outside of the usual greek and nordic pantheons.
    Looks like that Cheyenne god was also a jealous one.
    I think a few others have shown up over time in marvel, Busiek's avengers had a south american one show up iirc. It's mostly name recognition for the greek and nordic ones. You would have thought as time went one we'd see other pantheons but...not really. If any other god shows up, 9 times out of 10 its Anansi. But yes, agreed, would be a good miniseries.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Another winning image from my new Instagram obsession GUILLEN. Check their work out. Stunning.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CQwJWdDMO4M/

That's... stunning. What a great Moonstar interpretation.

Wow!

Amazing Member

Does Dani still have her pegasus? I vaguely remember it being transformed during her time in the MLF then dying. But Dani has been pictured riding a pegasus when in Valkyrie mode afterward so is it the same one or did she get another?

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Does Dani still have her pegasus? I vaguely remember it being transformed during her time in the MLF then dying. But Dani has been pictured riding a pegasus when in Valkyrie mode afterward so is it the same one or did she get another?
    Hela ressurected Brightwind when Dani became her Valkyrie, but when she lost her powers during the War of Realms she also lost her horse.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Hela ressurected Brightwind when Dani became her Valkyrie, but when she lost her powers during the War of Realms she also lost her horse.
    Thanks for the info! I haven't read War of the Realms yet but its on my list.