Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Dani being a mom and Maddie acting like her cranky kid is adorable.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by norj; 07-17-2022 at 06:25 PM.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Dani is no longer a Valkyrie.
    Only because Aaron wrecked Asgard. She’ll get her Valkyrie powers back.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I hadn't realized the costume Dani uses in Marvel Super Wars (2019) wasn't an original costume, but something she has worn on multiple occasions (or variations of it).

I wish she wore it more often, it's one of her best looks, rivaling the Age of X costume. Though I might like this one better, because it references her Asgardian stints.

It frustrates me so much that the NM are always forced back into their ugly training uniforms, instead of letting them express themselves with individual costumes. :/
    YES! Only Magik has been allowed to actually develop any kind of outfit other than her training uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Only because Aaron wrecked Asgard. She’ll get her Valkyrie powers back.

That's kind of what I thought. They tuck it away and dust it off when needed.

As I recall, she's lost access to her Valkyrie abilities before. Weren't they somehow "reactivated" in Fearless Defenders [including her gaining the ability to summon her armor / transform into powered-up Valkyrie form at will]? It was also absent for a large segement of NM volume 3, with her ability to leverage her powered-up Valkyrie form coming into play towards the end of the 50 issue run.

Seems like intermittently her ability to become a Valkyrie comes and goes -- War of the Realms, King in Black, etc.

It only seems to "disappear" when it isn't tied to whatever her current writer's story arc is. I'm sure Dani in Valkyrie mode will reappear down the road.

I've never seen this custom figure before but it has a bit going for it as a costume variant...
    https://thefwoosh.com/2018/11/ebay-f...presentations/
    dani moonstar.jpeg
    Last edited by Thirteen; 07-20-2022 at 02:33 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I hadn't realized the costume Dani uses in Marvel Super Wars (2019) wasn't an original costume, but something she has worn on multiple occasions (or variations of it).

I wish she wore it more often, it's one of her best looks, rivaling the Age of X costume. Though I might like this one better, because it references her Asgardian stints.

It frustrates me so much that the NM are always forced back into their ugly training uniforms, instead of letting them express themselves with individual costumes. :/

That photo you posted was the cover [I believe] to the first War of the Realms issues. Might be one of the best Dani images ever -- really captures her fierce beauty and indominable spirit. Check out those eyes -- I wouldn't want to mess with her!

That image, or this one from Age of X, might be the best ever.

a8.jpg

Dani gets a mention here as a possible MCU option for Amber Midthunder [lead actress from "Prey," supporting cast member of "Legion"]:

https://movieweb.com/prey-fans-want-...wolverine-mcu/

With The Celestial now judging everybody, what do you all think its opinion of Dani will be?
    Last edited by norj; 08-11-2022 at 07:01 AM.
    Immortal in the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    With The Celestial now judging everybody, what do you all think its opinion of Dani will be?

Didn't he judge Captain America a failure? Which pretty much runs counter to what everyone would expect -- so it is hard to pin down the evaluative criteria.

Objectively, I'd expect her to get judged favorably. She's heroic and brave, she continued to be on the New Mutants team actively in the field even when she lost her powers, etc. She's a leader, she's selfless, etc.

But given what the Celestial did with Captain America, and the rationale it provided, maybe he'd judge her a failure for being indigenous and ostensibly connected to the earth, but the world growing increasingly more polluted, climate change, etc. That seems like the same filter of logic the Celestial applied to Cap.

The Celestial might not be judging people based on what they have done, the results of their actions, or how others view them, but on how they view themselves. Steve Rogers would see himself as a failure even though most people would see him as example of a good human being. In which case only the truly arrogant would get the thumbs up from the Celestial. Just a theory though.
    Immortal in the Force.

Is the judging even based on who you are? knowing Celestials it might be on WHAT you are.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Is the judging even based on who you are? knowing Celestials it might be on WHAT you are.

Maybe -- found this tidbit that might offer some insight:

Just as Iron Man, Ajak, and Makkari prepare to celebrate, the tide turns for the worst. Avengers Mountain reverts back to its original programming and decides its Judgment Day for Earth. Speaking psychically so everyone on Earth can hear it, Avengers Mountain recalls how humanity has been unkind to itself, constantly bickering and infighting. With the planet ruined, Avengers Mountain gives society 24 hours to justify its existence. People will be judged individually and as a collective. If the Celestial finds more people that are just than wicked, everyone lives. However, if Earth is found lacking, tomorrow isn't promised.
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/ir...-judgment-day/

What is that from?

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post
    Maybe -- found this tidbit that might offer some insight:

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/ir...-judgment-day/
    so it is a moral decision in some way, but based on the Celestial idea of morality?