Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Dani Moonstar needs your vote:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/game...uest-character

...to be the next character introduced in Marvel Puzzle Quest. Polls are open until January 19th.

d1.jpg

So now that Marvel Voices #1 has been released, what's upcoming for Dani?

New Mutants #24 is scheduled to come out in... what? February?

And then New Mutants will kick it into high gear with a massive new story arc in issue #25, scheduled for April 2022?

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post
    So now that Marvel Voices #1 has been released, what's upcoming for Dani?

New Mutants #24 is scheduled to come out in... what? February?

And then New Mutants will kick it into high gear with a massive new story arc in issue #25, scheduled for April 2022?

Answering my own question -- looks like X-Men Legends is up next, on February 2nd, then NM #24 later that month:

X-MEN LEGENDS #11
    LOUISE SIMONSON (W) • WALTER SIMONSON (A/C)
    CLASSIC HOMAGE Variant Cover by KEN LASHLEY
    APOCALYPSE’S HORSEMEN RIDE FOR THE NEW MUTANTS!
    Just in time to celebrate forty years of the original NEW MUTANTS, catch up with some old friends — like SUNSPOT, CANNONBALL, WOLFSBANE, BOOM-BOOM, DANI MOONSTAR, RICTOR and more — as CALIBAN leads PESTILENCE and WAR, the remaining horsemen of APOCALYPSE, in a hunt for new blood!
    Witness the never-before-seen link between the New Mutants and Apocalypse in this all-new tale penned by NEW MUTANTS legend Louise Simonson!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Issue goes on sale Feb. 2 from Marvel Comics.

XMLEGENDS2021011-Simonsonz-var.jpg

I'm a bit nervous about Simonson writing these characters again, but I'm probably going to read it anyway.

That was not my favorite era. Cypher dead, Magma and Karma gone, Magik erased. Quite depressing.
    I didn't like Dani's power up back then, but reading again the first issues of New Mutants, it was actually said from the beginning that her power may evolve to that point.
    Maybe it wouldn't be bad to explore that again. She could become as powerful as that boy who made nightmarish clones of the Fantastic Four and later died in X-Factor. (can't remember his name)

Magik is more and more often portrayed as a top dog, Aurora and Northstar barely have speed limits anymore, Iceman and Storm are cemented as omega, Synch is climbing there... So why not Dani?
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

BANNED

She was shown as originally being one of The 12, along with Cannonball & Cap'n Britsy.

My guess is she still could be. With her quantum energy potential & "tangible manifestations", as they were recently referred to in NM, it seems like Danielle could replace Rasputin...

and fulfill his "space" part in the ultimate mutant circuit. Likewise, I predict Synch *will* be *the one* to assume Living Monolith's place at the "core" as "earth" and THEN...

*he* adopts the Cap'n K mantle, as that seems practically made to order, regardless.
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 01-28-2022 at 07:30 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I'm a bit nervous about Simonson writing these characters again, but I'm probably going to read it anyway.
    I hated Simonson's run, she spoilt everything after Claremont left. Not going to read her stories again.

She should have upgraded the powers of Doug, Dani and Karma to be more powerful instead of having them leave and bringing new characters .

Later writers have upgraded the powers of Sunspot, Cannonball and even Wolfsbane (multiple wolves).

But Karma and Dani are still portrayed as weaklings.
    Last edited by ericng; 01-29-2022 at 02:48 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post

Magik is more and more often portrayed as a top dog, Aurora and Northstar barely have speed limits anymore, Iceman and Storm are cemented as omega, Synch is climbing there... So why not Dani?
    If a writer liked a character, he will upgrade their powers. Just look at Emma who was upgraded to have a diamond body.

It's time Doug, Dani and Karma (just like Synch) should have upgrades to be more powerful instead of being weaklings.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I hated Simonson's run, she spoilt everything after Claremont left. Not going to read her stories again.

I echo that sentiment, but will still read this because there's been too long of a lull in between issues.

I'm also a little curious to see what Simonson does with "retro" Dani, assuming she's a focal point of the story.

Ah, who am I kidding -- of COURSE she'll be a focal point. With her Valkyrie death sense, she's got to be the leading candidate for Apocalypse to attempt to nab for his new Death horseman.

Here's a sneak peak at the issue's first couple of pages -- some cool art:

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/01/28/ma...en-legends-11/
    Last edited by rf2044; 01-29-2022 at 10:18 AM.

Interesting. Looks like Feral is going to make an appearance.

Dani's already got that pre-possesion headache, though. She'll probably be sidelined.

BANNED

Well, at least someone remember Skids and Rusty. The art looks ok for Simonson.
    And Beautiful Dreamer! Yay!

Interesting. Looks like Feral is going to make an appearance.

Dani's already got that pre-possesion headache, though. She'll probably be sidelined.

I'm hoping her headache is more like a chekov's gun indication that she's about to play an important part of the story, and the headache is something to pay attention to.

If it's like NM Forever, where she basically makes a token appearance but is basically sidelined for 95% of the story, I'm going to be pretty disappointed.

I think she will be. That headache pretty much made her useless until the end of the second Asgard story when she quit.

I think she will be. That headache pretty much made her useless until the end of the second Asgard story when she quit.

Ohhh... You're talking about when she got possessed by Hela, and transformed into the burning Valkyrie?!?

Man, I hope not. But the timing seems about right -- I think that happened right after they took Ilyana back to Russia