Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 LastLast

Some new Moonstar fan art pics. Heavily Nate Grey oriented, but pretty good:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Those are some nice pics. Particularly the first one. I think you might have posted the wrong one in that last post, though. I don't see Dani in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Those are some nice pics. Particularly the first one. I think you might have posted the wrong one in that last post, though. I don't see Dani in it.

That's weird -- the picture got cut off. Here it is in full:

8705688-voices.jpg

Ah, that's better. What do you think the odds of Dani actually appearing in that are?

Dani [and Xi'an] getting props in this article for the role the New Mutants play in guiding the younger generation of Mutants on Krakoa, and how doing so honor's the X-Men's original legacy:

https://screenrant.com/new-mutants-k...ier-institute/

Screenshot 2022-11-14 090205.jpg

BANNED

Pretty...

STUNNING!

And an X-PolliNation, from Sunfire's thread:

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Ckql59LPhPN/?hl=en
    pretty.cool.huh
    I did a little QA a while ago about the X-men where I was asked what lesser known mutants would I use in an X-men team. I realized I kinda liked the roster I came up with so I decided to illustrate it. It's a pity Instagram's resolution sucks and you can barely see the picture but here you go!

#art #digitalart #fanart #marvel #xmen #mirage #warpath #karma #bloodstorm #shatterstar #rictor #sunfire

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post
    Dani [and Xi'an] getting props in this article for the role the New Mutants play in guiding the younger generation of Mutants on Krakoa, and how doing so honor's the X-Men's original legacy:

https://screenrant.com/new-mutants-k...ier-institute/

Screenshot 2022-11-14 090205.jpg
    The person who wrote this has absolutely no clue of what goes on in a classroom.......

Man -- I'd settle for her just called called up to the bigs, let alone be the leader.

She's been toiling under the radar for far too long.

https://screenrant.com/xmen-new-lead...dani-moonstar/

Dani listed as one of the most competitive Marvel heroes:

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-most-competitive-heroes/

...and in a semi-related article, also noted in this list of the 10 greatest X-Men rivalries, for her friendly cantankerous relationship with her teammate, Roberto Da Costa:

https://www.cbr.com/xmen-greatest-internal-rivalries/

bad ass20.jpg

bad ass0.1.jpg

bring it3.jpg

Things have been a little slow around here, so here's a question / conversation starter for the group: Dani has been a staple in Marvel comics for four decades. She disappeared for a bit in the 90s, but otherwise has been a mainstay in various X-books, so she's got a long, illustrious history.

My question is -- if you could change anything from her backstory, what would it be?

There are two options that pop for me. The first is her path as a Valkyrie. It's made for some cool plot elements over the years, but it also led to her departure from the New Mutants [back in volume 1], and it has been used so sporadically that at times it's felt more like a gimmick than a core element for her. Plus her Valkyrie abilities seem to come and go, depending on who's writing -- so it's been used haphazardly. There's also a strange aspect of it when seen through the lens of her indigenous background -- is her core identity as an X-bad ass or as a Valkyrie? Now, don't get me wrong -- there have been some cool plots, and it gave her character a multi-layered dimension / some of her best costumes, but I wonder what Claremont was thinking when he originally set her down this path.

The second is having her depowered in the M-Day event. She was just getting her second wind as a featured character during her time as a teacher at the Xavier School in NM volume 2 and New X-Men, but when she lost her powers she was kicked out by Emma Frost and basically kicked to the curb, which sent her into a second exodus of not being prominently featured. It did give her a cool arc in NM volume 3, where she had to prove that she still belonged on the team despite not having powers.

But if I had to vote, I think I'd pick #2.
    Last edited by rf2044; 11-29-2022 at 05:25 AM.

I would change Dani becoming a teacher, or at least modify the way it was portrayed. This job has pretty much trapped her in Young Adult story hell for so long. I firmly believe that she should either be (A) A mainstay A list X-men or (B) The leader of her own mutant school of thought. SO if she's going to continue to be a teacher, I think she should at least develop her own mutant teaching philosophy separate from Xavier's dream

The other change I would make...all of her romantic interests.