Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Default Yellowstone - Paramount +, Kevin Costner's modern western

I did not, surprisingly, find a thread using the search feature for this show.

It did have the highest debut, something like 15million, of any show last year to become the current "sensation" on TV.

I just finished S4 and am really enjoying this how. I streamed S1-3 last year and was eager to see how things got resolved in the current season. I was not disappointed. Looking forward to seeing how things unfurl with Beth and her now former boss, Caroline Warner. That old crow intends to make her life hell for the betrayal she should've seen coming if she was as smart as she thinks she is.
    Jaime Dutton and Beth, with such a high mark of blackmail in her back pocket what is her end game with Jaime?? I find myself thinking this was a send off for Jimmy. I've grown to like his character but maybe his future lies in Texas. The only thing that could happen is he is clearly welcomed back anytime so says Rip and John Dutton. Not sure where the story goes with Enviro Activist Summer next season. I suppose it picks up with her about to get off for good behavior but what then? John Dutton running for Governor can't really be seen as being too cozy with her I'd think. Speaking of who is going to be his challenger for Governor? Kayce Dutton finds his life more intertwined with Reservation life, where is that going?

Surely there are some more of you that find this show enjoyable and are watching.

Thoughts?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Really didn't follow the series until last weekend when Paramount was rebroadcasting all of the previous season. It's an intense show -- definitely not a feel good show. But yes, its' definitely a modern day Western. The country seems to be yearning to return to that mentality -- so I can see why it's so popular. I don't particularly like any of the characters -- and some I loathe, but it's a decent drama when a lot of crap exists elsewhere on TV.

Oh, and Jimmy is getting a spin-off which will focus on the 6 6 6 6 ranch apparently.
    Last edited by kcekada; 01-04-2022 at 02:59 PM.

I also started this recently and I'm only on Season 2, so please mark spoilers lol So far I'm really digging it! I don't really think of it as a western though, more like a mafia show set in the country. It does show ranch life pretty well from what people who've lived in places like that have said, though.

At first, I thought Costner was going to be playing the typical evil patriarch type but he's really not evil at all. Definitely a "hard" man and ruthless but he does have certain lines he won't cross (so far anyway.) Beth is the best character on the show and most entertaining. She gets ALL the best lines/moments and is the most complex. The worst character is Jamie. I HATE that little weasel.

Astonishing Member

I hate both Jamie and Beth, but Jamie is really a piece of crap. Beth is a b(itch) in every sense of the word -- and if no other season proved it, season 4 sure did!

I've seen comparisons to Sopranos and Godfather, but I call it a Western -- because it's like the old west where there was very little civil law -- and a different idea of what justice was. I don't think a lot of what occurs could happen in real life without federal investigations -- but that may be where the show some day ends (doubt it).

I do get why Beth is bitter after the backstory we get in S2 about what Jaimie did to "help her" and protect the family image.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I do get why Beth is bitter after the backstory we get in S2 about what Jaimie did to "help her" and protect the family image.
    It was Season 3 (I'm actually watching it now ) But yeah, that and her mom had profound affects on her psyche.

I binged all 4 seasons over the last couple weeks and started 1883.

I like the series. I have no idea why people are calling Beth a bitch, lol. Good character development with her and the other main cast.

I've always been drawn to Native American stories so I like the Rainwater side plots as well as Monica

If Jimmy can draw in beauties I guess there's hope for me
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Oh, and Jimmy is getting a spin-off which will focus on the 6 6 6 6 ranch apparently.
    I had missed this news so I went Googling.

Four Sixes show.

I found it interesting that creator Sheridan owns this real life ranch.
    The 6666 is a real, operating ranch that franchise creator Taylor Sheridan recently purchased. The series will be filmed at the ranch, which now also serves as a base of operations for Sheridan.

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    I have no idea why people are calling Beth a bitch, lol. Good character development with her and the other main cast.
    Yeah, she's not a bitch. Unless you're putting "That", "Bad", "Bad Ass", "Boss" or "Queen" before it. She's snarky, confident, extremely intelligent, driven, tough as hell and I love her for it!

I had missed this news so I went Googling.

Four Sixes show.

I found it interesting that creator Sheridan owns this real life ranch.
    He also plays the character of Travis on the show. Considering how well he rides, I'm not surprised he actually owns a ranch.

So, for anyone who has also watched 1883, any idea as to why only 3 episodes have been posted so far, and none for over 10 days?

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Yeah, she's not a bitch. Unless you're putting "That", "Bad", "Bad Ass", "Boss" or "Queen" before it. She's snarky, confident, extremely intelligent, driven, tough as hell and I love her for it!

He also plays the character of Travis on the show. Considering how well he rides, I'm not surprised he actually owns a ranch.

I heard Kelly Reilly's real voice in an interview -- total Brit. It threw me off because I had no idea. Just makes her that much more of a good actor.

Sheridan is a well-rounded guy. Maybe HE should run for governor, lol

Astonishing Member

I missed most of that episode. So Jamie purposely had her sterilized by some quack? When Beth gave him 3 options -- he should have chosen secret option 4 -- which should have been to kill himself.

Astonishing Member

I binged all 4 seasons over the last couple weeks and started 1883.
    I have no idea why people are calling Beth a bitch, lol. Good character development with her and the other main cast.
    She is the queen of bitches, IMHO. I'm not saying that she is completely irredeemable -- but it is rare to see her in a scene with other people (not including her father or BF) when she isn't actively being difficult.

So, for anyone who has also watched 1883, any idea as to why only 3 episodes have been posted so far, and none for over 10 days?
    Episode 4 was available today.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Episode 4 was available today.
    Cool. Thanks for the heads up. I'm wondering why they took a break over the holidays -- I couldn't find a mention of it