Fantastic Member

Default Characters who deserved better/worse endings or storylnes

I recently saw some articles online about TV characters who deserved better endings, and it got me to think about characters who should have had better endings to their storylines, or better storylines in general. Whether they are in books, movies, tv or other, they deserve better from the people who write for them.

Examples: Cordelia from Buffy, Anyone from Game of Thrones.

As well, they are some characters who get too much coddling from the writers, when they just aren't that likable. Example: some of villains in DC Comics, especially Harley Quinn.

https://www.animatedtimes.com/tv-cha...tter%20ending.

https://www.animatedtimes.com/tv-cha...ending-part-2/

Can you think of characters who should have gotten better endings/storylines? Characters who deserved worse fates?

The last issue of Powerman & Iron Fist decided to wrap things up for two of my favorite heroes by having IF beaten to death while sleeping…

… and Powerman on the run, accused of his murder.

That book made 10 year old me physically ill.
    Those guys deserved a LOT better.

No explanation needed.

I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Trip from Star Trek: Enterprise is the one that immediately jumps to mind.

Ragnar from Vikings, as well.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    No explanation needed.

^^^so sad.

I’ll add the ending of Samurai Jack.
    Genndy Tartakovsky managed to screw Jack over at the very end.

Law Abiding Citizen.
    I’ve never met anyone, online or irl that liked that ending.

Dany from Game of Thrones - I agree that some of it was forshadowed early on, but the execution was not well done. I think it will be better in the books, in case we ever see Book 7 (I give it maybe 0,5% chance).
    Giles from Buffy, Cordelia from Angel.
    Rory from Gilmore Girls - one thing I did not like in the revival is how her storyarc ended.
    Donna from Doctor Who. Clara too, but with Moffat that could be even worse, so I'll still take it.

I am only considering characters from series that have already ended here, so no Marvel/DC comic characters. I have felt that way sometimes with certain storylines which were later retconned or just not referenced again, so I can ignore them - that's one of the good things about comics, you can have your own headcannon to an extent.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Trip from Star Trek: Enterprise is the one that immediately jumps to mind.

Ragnar from Vikings, as well.
    Ragnar in Vikings??

Given the number of people he’d killed in battle…most of them people defending their own families…the number of people he killed in religious ceremonies, and the people he’d subjected to barbaric torture, his own life ending via torture seemed to be fairly well “earned”.

The majority won't agree, but my choice for character most deserving of a better ending would be...

Fone Bone

Ultimate Member

Ty on the tv show Heartland, he was on the show for 13 seasons but towards the end was only on like half the episodes per season as he wanted more to do but the writers and such didn't seem to care, then in the 14th season he just suddenly up and died months after surviving being shot by a hunter, he never had to leave the show imho, only because of the writers and such, now I can't watch the show in reruns at all...