Page 41 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    my problems with comics in a nutshell
    Yeah, this is why I'm more of a Manga/Anime guy these days.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yeah, this is why I'm more of a Manga/Anime guy these days.
    I always was. as a kid I was introduce to marvel and dc characters thru their games toys and animated shows read a few comics but any information I wanted I read it on the official website or wiki page. Got into anime and manga heavily my teenage years. Decided to read comics cause of superior spiderman news then I figured out the issues I had with comics especially when reading manga weekly and it really comes down to one author vision for the character against multiple authors having their own interpretation of said comic character
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

The problem in nutshell is Marvel Editorial is at war with the comic book fanbase over MJ and has been since 2007. They want to "move beyond MJ as Spide's definitive love interest" but they cannot force the fans to do so. It truly is a toxic love-hate relationship.
    2007? At the latest this nonsense started in 1994 when clone saga was made to make Spidey either be separated from MJ, or him being shafted for a lame clone.

You could even say it started in 1993 with Maximum Carnage making MJ be annoying about Peter being Spider-Man, but about everyone was written awkwardly there, so that's less noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Moral of the story the fans will win
    Eh, will they? Ultimately MJ only has to be nearby to keep giving Marvel sales, they have little reason to make Spidey and MJ get together again, and if they do, they have little reason to keep it that way.

Fans aren't going to necessarily win in the end, specially since ASM unironically suffers from success, it'll sell no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The idiocy of that is that a civilian love interest, to say nothing of a civilian supporting cast, maintains a superhero's personal connections to and empathy for the ordinary humans they protect. Without those connections or that empathy, superheroes ultimately stop caring so much about what happens to those ordinary people except in the abstract, which is why it does not help at all that so many other superheroes in the MU have no alter egos or other lives outside of being superheroes these days.
    There are very few heroes who go evil or stop caring because of a lack of civillian supporting cast.

I don't want to drag this appreciation thread any further off course, I'll only say this. I've been told that ME doesn't care about us comic book fans because "we'll still buy the product no matter what". They are after the casual fans who watch the movies, TV series, and the kids who buy action figures. They feel for the casual fans they can simply rerun High School Age Peter ad infinitum so why bother giving the comic fans anything good, or creative, or develop the characters further?
    Well yeah, comics are franchise zombies overall, Spidey is peak example lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    If they 'didn't care' about the old-school fans, they'd have turned Peter back into a teenager years ago and certainly would not have pitched Lost Hunt to DeMatties
    Pretty sure it's not a "don't care" case of actively going out of their way to be a pain in the ass, because Marvel does want marriage fans to be morons like everyone else and keep buying, which's why the relationship gets teases and whatnot.

They also probably didn't de-age Spidey into a teenager 'cause that's a very big risk to take, one that, so far, they're not willing to take, but the possibility isn't completely out of the question either, they are the guys who made OMD to begin with lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    2007? At the latest this nonsense started in 1994 when clone saga was made to make Spidey either be separated from MJ, or him being shafted for a lame clone.

You could even say it started in 1993 with Maximum Carnage making MJ be annoying about Peter being Spider-Man, but about everyone was written awkwardly there, so that's less noticeable.

Eh, will they? Ultimately MJ only has to be nearby to keep giving Marvel sales, they have little reason to make Spidey and MJ get together again, and if they do, they have little reason to keep it that way.

Fans aren't going to necessarily win in the end, specially since ASM unironically suffers from success, it'll sell no matter what.

There are very few heroes who go evil or stop caring because of a lack of civillian supporting cast.

Well yeah, comics are franchise zombies overall, Spidey is peak example lol.

Pretty sure it's not a "don't care" case of actively going out of their way to be a pain in the ass, because Marvel does want marriage fans to be morons like everyone else and keep buying, which's why the relationship gets teases and whatnot.

They also probably didn't de-age Spidey into a teenager 'cause that's a very big risk to take, one that, so far, they're not willing to take, but the possibility isn't completely out of the question either, they are the guys who made OMD to begin with lol.
    They don't necessarily "go evil," but I do think a lot of them lose sight of the normal human perspective on things, which is how you get repeated superhero Civil Wars and other such "hero-on-hero" B.S., not to mention the increasingly catastrophic collateral damage of their battles with supervillains (and each other) that they usually don't stick around to clean up.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    They don't necessarily "go evil," but I do think a lot of them lose sight of the normal human perspective on things, which is how you get repeated superhero Civil Wars and other such "hero-on-hero" B.S.,
    Civil War happened partially because they were listening to people after Stamford got nuked, 'cause Marvel civillians blamed heroes and not the guy whose super-power is to explode places lol.

not to mention the increasingly catastrophic collateral damage of their battles with supervillains (and each other) that they usually don't stick around to clean up.
    Spidey mostly doesn't do that either, sometimes he's shown trying to tone down the damage during the battles, like he did in 2018's free comic book day, but that's about it, and in that case it was about saving other people's lives, and not caring about property damage, and tends to leave after the battle is done (Which, in that issue, he did).

Not that saving people's lives isn't admirable, it is, and does tell something about his character, but he's still not sticking around to help clean up the mess, at least in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Civil War happened partially because they were listening to people after Stamford got nuked, 'cause Marvel civillians blamed heroes and not the guy whose super-power is to explode places lol.

Spidey mostly doesn't do that either, sometimes he's shown trying to tone down the damage during the battles, like he did in 2018's free comic book day, but that's about it, and in that case it was about saving other people's lives, and not caring about property damage, and tends to leave after the battle is done (Which, in that issue, he did).

Not that saving people's lives isn't admirable, it is, and does tell something about his character, but he's still not sticking around to help clean up the mess, at least in general.
    Fair points there.

What if Felicia Hardy became a Spider-hero? Dan Slott teams up with artist Sumeyye Kesgin to answer that question with the debut of super thief Night-Spider! Check out her sleek look, designed by artist superstar artist Kris Anka, in a special design variant cover!
    EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE #3
    Written by DAN SLOTT, SANSHIRO KASAMA, & NIKESH SHUKLA
    Art by SUMEYYE KESGIN, HIKARU UESUGI, ABHISHEK MALSUNI, MARK BAGLEY, PACO MEDINA, DAVID BALDEÓN, & GERARDO SANDOVAL
    Cover by JOSEMARIA CASANOVAS
    Variant Cover by KRIS ANKA
    Design Variant Cover by KRIS ANKA
    On Sale 9/14

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    What if Felicia Hardy became a Spider-hero? Dan Slott teams up with artist Sumeyye Kesgin to answer that question with the debut of super thief Night-Spider! Check out her sleek look, designed by artist superstar artist Kris Anka, in a special design variant cover!
    EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE #3
    Art by SUMEYYE KESGIN, HIKARU UESUGI, ABHISHEK MALSUNI, MARK BAGLEY, PACO MEDINA, DAVID BALDEÓN, & GERARDO SANDOVAL
    On Sale 9/14

Dan Slott writing Felicia as a Spider? Um...not sure how to feel about that. At least the art and design are on-point.

Okay, so she's a normal thief who tries to steal a spider-artifact and it ends up giving her spider-powers.

Also is that DeWolfe in the middle?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Dan Slott writing Felicia as a Spider? Um...not sure how to feel about that. At least the art and design are on-point.

Okay, so she's a normal thief who tries to steal a spider-artifact and it ends up giving her spider-powers.

Also is that DeWolfe in the middle?
    Looks like it.

Will DeWolfe fall in love with Felicia instead of Spider-Man in this universe?

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Looks like it.

Will DeWolfe fall in love with Felicia instead of Spider-Man in this universe?
    Well, detectives falling in love with the thief they're trying to catch isn't unheard of .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, detectives falling in love with the thief they're trying to catch isn't unheard of .
    I think DeWolfe and Felicia would make an excellent pairing!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE #3
    On Sale 9/14

Right out of Spider-Man Noir, since being bitten by one of the spiders that came out of the exotic spider statue Peter stumbled upon was what made him into Spider-Man in the first place.

Astonishing Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCzg...rMintCondition

Jed's Black Cat is getting a omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCzg...rMintCondition

Jed's Black Cat is getting a omnibus.
    I might get it .
    Might be McKay's next Felicia series....with MJ in tow!