Page 70 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1185

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I said action heroes -- meaning acrobatic types. I'm fine with women like Storm, Polaris, Phoenix, Scarlet Witch wearing heels since they are either flying or pointing. I don't recall any of Marvel acrobatic females wearing heels unless it was artistic license. Black Widow may have worn heels in her first appearance when she was just a spy.
    Psylocke wore them, particularly during the 90s and 2000s. Black Widow wore them even past her original appearance. As did Silver Sable, Viper, pretty much every female character in the Serpent Society, Red Sonja (when Marvel still published her), Gamora, Elektra and so many others.

As for DC, most of the characters who wore heels were either flyers or long range fighters. And even then, plenty of them switched to flats.

Astonishing Member

Well, I'm not talking about what heroines wear in their off hours or what they wear when conducting business (as Natasha and Sable did). I mean when they are in uniform and in action.

Not sure which comics you've been reading. I'm pretty sure Frank Miller never drew Elektra in high heels. She did have high heels in the Elektra Assassin series, but that was very stylized artwork -- and not drawn by Miller. Even when Black Widow was wearing fishnets, she didn't wear high heels. Psylocke may have worn heels before she started dressing like a ninja, but she wasn't an athletic character at that point. I can't speak to her appearances in the past decade. Gamora didn't have high heels when drawn by her creator -- Jim Starlin. I don't think she ever had them. And to get back on topic, Cockrum did not include high heels in his desgin of the Black Cat, and she definitely did not have them in any of her earliest appearances. If she did wear them (in costume), it was most likely artistic license.

Marvel was definitely ahead of DC in showing their athletic heroines in flats as opposed to heels.

I've never thought about it that much...

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Well, I'm not talking about what heroines wear in their off hours or what they wear when conducting business (as Natasha and Sable did). I mean when they are in uniform and in action.
    I am referring to what they wore while in action.

Not sure which comics you've been reading. I'm pretty sure Frank Miller never drew Elektra in high heels. She did have high heels in the Elektra Assassin series, but that was very stylized artwork -- and not drawn by Miller. Even when Black Widow was wearing fishnets, she didn't wear high heels. Psylocke may have worn heels before she started dressing like a ninja, but she wasn't an athletic character at that point. I can't speak to her appearances in the past decade. Gamora didn't have high heels when drawn by her creator -- Jim Starlin. I don't think she ever had them. And to get back on topic, Cockrum did not include high heels in his desgin of the Black Cat, and she definitely did not have them in any of her earliest appearances. If she did wear them (in costume), it was most likely artistic license.

Marvel was definitely ahead of DC in showing their athletic heroines in flats as opposed to heels.
    There are several comics from the 90s, 2000s and early 2010s of Marvel's athletic female characters wearing high heels in battle. Gamora wore them in the 2000s and got a skimpier outfit, and this was at the time when most DC heroines weren't wearing high heels. DC from the beginning arguably had way more heroines of various stripes who didn't wear high heels even when they had an excuse.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-01-2022 at 11:38 PM.

Did anyone else find it odd that MJ and Felicia barely interacted in Spider-Man TAS. I think there's exactly one episode where they're in the same scene together.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Did anyone else find it odd that MJ and Felicia barely interacted in Spider-Man TAS. I think there's exactly one episode where they're in the same scene together.
    And the real MJ never met her, it was the clone.

Wasn't that the trial scene where they were sitting with Aunt May?

https://twitter.com/RPHutch1975/stat...04014196482048

Marco Mastrazzo's Exclusive Venom #14 cover for Unknown Comics

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Oh wow...what a cover! Despite never really being allies let alone friends, Eddie and Felicia look good together as a duo.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    And the real MJ never met her, it was the clone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And before that, though most of the time in those first three seasons, they were somewhat rivaling each other for Peter's affections. I'd also mention, as a reminder, TAS's Felicia started off as a rich classmate of Peter (and Mary Jane) and it was in Season 4 that she became the Black Cat, albeit with a heavily altered origin from the comics tying into Captain America and the Super-Soldier Serum.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I didn't remember that one. I was talking about the scene where Peter, MJ and Black Cat are talking after the attack on Peter and MJ's wedding by Harry as the Goblin.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

They both love their black and white looks .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    "Two sides of the same coin". It's what comes to mind when I see them together like this.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    "Two sides of the same coin". It's what comes to mind when I see them together like this.
    Indeed, as the first MJ/Black Cat one-shot in Spider-Man Beyond showed at the end.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed, as the first MJ/Black Cat one-shot in Spider-Man Beyond showed at the end.
    Yeah, literally!

But you know? There's one idea I can't get out of my head. In this "Dark Web", there's this fruit from Limbo that "frees the soul out of the flesh" (killing the guy) and then the soul can be "assimilated" by someone else. Ben is going to try to do that with Peter (although we all know it won't work), but I can't stop thinking about what if this happens with MJ and Felicia. I mean, what if Felicia bites the fruit, her soul is "freed" and accidentally assimilated by Mary Jane? Cats have several lives, and this way, Felicia would have another one living as part of Mary Jane.

Sounds creepy, but at the same time, I would love to see that.