Page 34 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I think a segment of hardcore fans are more convinced of that than any character has any reason to be.
    I think she has a better chance of getting back together with Tamara

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Bull. The characters have said to themselves and each other a thousand times how important they both are to one another. MJ's whole stance at the end of OMD is that nobody, not God or even themselves, can keep them apart forever. You need to read more comics.
    If I had a nickel for every declaration of undying love in comics or in the real world that wound up not happening later on, I'd have a lot of nickels. It's okay for the characters to be in positions to doubt these things.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 07-06-2022 at 08:32 AM.

If I had a nickel for every declaration of undying love in comics or in the real world that wound up not happening later on, I'd have a lot of nickels. It's okay for the characters to be in positions to doubt these things.
    But most of those aren't tied to the Marvels golden goose

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    I think she has a better chance of getting back together with Tamara
    I hope not, what with her trying to kill Felicia now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    But most of those aren't tied to the Marvels golden goose
    I don't really think that matters in the way you're implying.

BANNED

It's okay for the characters to be in positions to doubt these things.
    And eventually they come to the epiphany they're perfect for each other. If I had a nickel for how many times THAT has happened, I'd probably be more well off than you.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 07-06-2022 at 08:59 AM.

And eventually they come to the epiphany they're perfect for each other. If I had a nickel for how many times THAT has happened, I'd probably be more well off than you.
    Sure, it's a classic tale. I'm not devoutly opposed or anything, but I do feel that it's okay for the characters to not be so certain of things as some people would want, and having everyone be all 'NO, ONLY MARY JANE!' feels more like a fan's wish than something that would get said at the moment. IF you're so sure that they'll end up together in the end because That's The Story, then you should relax and enjoy the ride.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 07-06-2022 at 09:02 AM.

BANNED

IF you're so sure that they'll end up together in the end because That's The Story, then you should relax and enjoy the ride.
    It's not a question of 'IF', history has borne this out. If BND and Slott couldn't stop it despite a decade, nothing will. Keep in mind, we still had marriage content throughout the 2010s in other comics reminding us just what the one true endgame is.

Hell, even this week with Carnage, we got Annie May appearing. More marriage/legacy content!

Well, as this is a Felicia Appreciation Thread, I can just hope for more good Felicia content in the foreseeable future.

At this point, I wouldn’t mind if Felicia and Peter got back together. I love Mary Jane, but it took them over a decade past OMD to get them back together as a real, loving couple. I’m not waiting another 10 years for them to get Peter/Mary Jane back together now that they’re broken up again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hoth82 View Post
    At this point, I wouldn’t mind if Felicia and Peter got back together. I love Mary Jane, but it took them over a decade past OMD to get them back together as a real, loving couple. I’m not waiting another 10 years for them to get them back together now that they’re broken up again.
    It won't take another ten years and they'll always be ways that promote that they're endgame, but you do you.

It won't take another ten years and they'll always be ways that promote that they're endgame, but you do you.
    Firstly, don’t tell me to do me. Secondly, how do you know it won’t take that long again? I’m past 40, I don’t have the time anymore for them to drag their feet and quite frankly, I don’t care how they promote the relationship if it isn’t in the 616 universe. Multiverse stories mean nothing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by hoth82 View Post
    Firstly, don’t tell me to do me. Secondly, how do you know it won’t take that long again? I’m past 40, I don’t have the time anymore for them to drag their feet and quite frankly, I don’t care how they promote the relationship if it isn’t in the 616 universe.
    It's just a story arc. Nothing to get too upset about as this all drama and they'll be back together in the future. It's all to make a story go and to get to 900 then yadaya. But keep it friendly this is a clean forum

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, as this is a Felicia Appreciation Thread, I can just hope for more good Felicia content in the foreseeable future.
    Sorry if we're derailing the thread, hopefully I'll have something fun involving Felicia I can share within the week

I think a segment of hardcore fans are more convinced of that than any character has any reason to be.
    Yeah there are those Spider-Marriage fans who think Marvel respects it in a way that its return will be eventually permanent lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then