Page 30 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

It is. Another example is also the MJ/BC Variant where she used in and MJ got mad because that's her line

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like we're looking too much into a cover using a line as a bit of a gag...
    I'm sure that's how the writer of Miles Thorales feels, too

SO back something normal Iron Cat out in 2 weeks. That should be fun and wonder what Spider related mini Jed will have ready in the new year after this one

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    SO back something normal Iron Cat out in 2 weeks. That should be fun and wonder what Spider related mini Jed will have ready in the new year after this one
    Jed McKay considering his Felicia Hardy saga .

I feel like we're looking too much into a cover using a line as a bit of a gag...
    it's a Wednesday
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I recall one panel from the BND era where Felicia propositions Peter for sex while they are sneaking around in a ventilation system. Add in that she's often written as having much less of a filter compared to MJ and I think I'd say she's the more direct of the two.
    Guess something changed in 2000's, 'cause what I remember in 80's/90's, had MJ as the one with less of a filter lol.

Not surprising now that I think about it some more, BND Felicia was okay with just having casual sex with Spidey, something that makes no sense with her character, since she did want something more with Spidey before, and he was the reason stuff was so slow for a while.

It made even less sense for Spidey to get into a casual sex relationship, but hey, BND...

Granted we are talking about characters that have been around for a long time and are written by the same people quite often. I'd say their traits are bound to rub off on each other, both from an in-universe and meta perspective.
    I'm not sure about that, even when MJ changed writers, her more perverted side was surprisingly consistent, though how exactly Felicia feels about Spidey became less consistent 'cause of BND lol.

Also not sure about them being written by the same people often, right now Felicia's most consistent writer is MacKay, and that only started two years ago, before that she was at the whims of random writers.

Yeah, and I don't think 616 Felicia ever said it outside of covers, even in covers I'm only aware of the one time lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Guess something changed in 2000's, 'cause what I remember in 80's/90's, had MJ as the one with less of a filter lol.
    How?

I'm not sure about that, even when MJ changed writers, her more perverted side was surprisingly consistent, though how exactly Felicia feels about Spidey became less consistent 'cause of BND lol.
    I assume that it's easier to see and write Felicia as the more perverted of the two since she runs around in a black leather catsuit that tends to show off her cleavage.

Also not sure about them being written by the same people often, right now Felicia's most consistent writer is MacKay, and that only started two years ago, before that she was at the whims of random writers.
    I guess you could say that writers are trying to show Peter has a type of sorts so that's why Felicia and MJ are sometimes depicted as being similar in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How?
    As that page I posted showed, she just took off her shirt to take pictures for a private collection, an issue before that in Spectacular#75 had her taking pictures of herself for Spidey too, and there are plenty of times where she just suddenly asks to have sex, like so:

(Web of Spider-Man#50)

ASM#524 even had her saying she used to masturbate while thinking of his fingers, or at the very least, took a dedicated day to do so plenty of times:

Not that Felicia doesn't have her moments:

(Spectacular#92)

But what I saw with her had her being tamer by comparison, and I'm not even sure if BND Felicia is on the level of marriage MJ in perversion, she was somethin' else at times, pretty tough competition lol.

I assume that it's easier to see and write Felicia as the more perverted of the two since she runs around in a black leather catsuit that tends to show off her cleavage.
    That's the usual assumption but, I see more evidence for MJ being the more perverted one than Felicia, at least in general.

There's even at least one time where, MJ has sex with Spidey in one issue, doesn't in the next one, but then does in the one after that, that's a very clearly active sex life.

Not that I'm saying Felicia is chaste, but MJ seemed to be the more perverted one between both in the random stuff I've seen, which actually surprised me, since Felicia is the one you'd usually expect to be more perverted and I definitely thought that was the case, but randomly checking out marriage comics had me thinking more than once "How many times are those two gonna have sex?", while with Felicia, it's significantly less, I'm not sure there was any point it felt like she and Spidey had sex every other issue, and I did get that impression with Spidey/MJ.

Stuff like that is why I sometimes joke that MJ's libido is a super-power of its own, maybe Gala **** could kill off MJ, only to resurrect her and say her libido was her mutant power :P.

I guess you could say that writers are trying to show Peter has a type of sorts so that's why Felicia and MJ are sometimes depicted as being similar in some way.
    I guess so, but even if writers had that intention at some point, I don't think it was always the case, there were always superficial similarities ever since Felicia's debut all the way back in ASM#194 (And once later stories made it clear she wasn't just using Spidey and actually liked him, the superficial similarity became more noticeable), and her playful, less serious nature contrasting with Spidey's own more serious one, was also something that was done with MJ back in ASM#43 too.

It's like poetry, it rhymes.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

https://www.comicsxf.com/2022/06/23/...or-iron-cat-1/

They really getting into what drives Tony to build and who could it be in the suit?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

They really getting into what drives Tony to build and who could it be in the suit?
    Could be Felicia's ex(-girlfriend) shown in one of the flashback scenes from Black Cat #11-12. That said, "Hello, Felicia," indeed.

Very nice.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Jed back into the swing of things with Felicia .

Tony just can't help himself. Also butt pose in the last page .

I guess if Tony ever wanted to track her down, he could, since he got her phone number. Who does have her number? Other than the gang, her mom, maybe Peter...?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Jed back into the swing of things with Felicia .

Tony just can't help himself. Also butt pose in the last page .

I guess if Tony ever wanted to track her down, he could, since he got her phone number. Who does have her number? Other than the gang, her mom, maybe Peter...?
    Very good question there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

From today's edition of the Unofficial Newspaper Strip.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post

From today's edition of the Unofficial Newspaper Strip.
    Feel bad for the security guard...