Page 54 of 79 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Whatever "he did" to make everyone hate him probably was a hit to his self esteem. But it can also come down to the fact Felicia still gives Peter butterflies. Or all of the above.
    Yeah, imagine all the people you love hating you and the love of your life don’t wanting to talk with you and beginning a family, that is some real psychological damage to one person.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderlink View Post
    Okay, maybe I’m reaching a little bit, but we see that Peter was very affected for the break up with MJ, he look awful and keep insisting to talk to her, and then he comes of the tombstone and Gwen stuff, I think his self steem and his trust on himself are very low. I still don’t like the way it was portrayed but I like to seek for a explanation to these kind of things
    Usually I do too, but I draw the line on when it's blatant poor understanding of the character.

There's a million ways to explain/justify this, but with how Wells seems to not get the character, it just ain't worth it to bother that much.

Whatever "he did" to make everyone hate him probably was a hit to his self esteem. But it can also come down to the fact Felicia still gives Peter butterflies. Or all of the above.
    Felicia "giving him the butterflies" completely ignores how he hardly ever was nervous around her though, even back in their first encounters, his reactions to her flirting were amusement or confusion (In a "what the hell?" way), but not "generic nerd trait who doesn't know how to speak with women".
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Usually I do too, but I draw the line on when it's blatant poor understanding of the character.

Felicia "giving him the butterflies" completely ignores how he hardly ever was nervous around her though, even back in their first encounters, his reactions to her flirting were amusement or confusion (In a "what the hell?" way), but not "generic nerd trait who doesn't know how to speak with women".
    Mainly because the relationship he and Felicia had before was predicated on their superhero lives too. The difference between Spider-Man and Peter Parker. Now that has since been retconned somewhat and shown that Felicia also got closer to Aunt May during that time and was starting to love the man underneath the mask, which she admits to now that she did.

But there was a difference to their 'arrangement' they had before to what he's asking now. Them constantly banter/flirting with each other, then sleeping together but not being there in the morning to talk about things was something that Peter was able to do. But they're in a different place now. He's actually asking her out on a date, which is a commitment that they didn't really seem to worry about prior. Especially past the whole "I'm in love with Peter Parker, not just Spider-Man." character growth she went through. So this time around it'd be different, and it'd be a different kind of commitment. That and considering what Peter has been through, being back on the market, asking Felicia out, looking at their history and how this relationship would be different than their prior one, it's understandable.

Of course it could also just be writers loving to default Peter Parker into his high school self despite being in his 30s by now XD One or the other or both :P

Mainly because the relationship he and Felicia had before was predicated on their superhero lives too. The difference between Spider-Man and Peter Parker. Now that has since been retconned somewhat and shown that Felicia also got closer to Aunt May during that time and was starting to love the man underneath the mask, which she admits to now that she did.

But there was a difference to their 'arrangement' they had before to what he's asking now. Them constantly banter/flirting with each other, then sleeping together but not being there in the morning to talk about things was something that Peter was able to do. But they're in a different place now. He's actually asking her out on a date, which is a commitment that they didn't really seem to worry about prior. Especially past the whole "I'm in love with Peter Parker, not just Spider-Man." character growth she went through. So this time around it'd be different, and it'd be a different kind of commitment. That and considering what Peter has been through, being back on the market, asking Felicia out, looking at their history and how this relationship would be different than their prior one, it's understandable.
    He took a way bigger step in their relationship back when he revealed his secret identity to her the first time, and he sounded confident while doing so, asking her out on a date now is basically nothing compared to doing revealing his identity back when he was a colossal bitch about revealing his secret identity to anyone, specially considering she's one of the first people he did so to, and I think only Debra Whitman and the kid who collected Spider-Man had Spidey willingly revealing his identity before her (Séctacular#74 for Debra, ASM#248 is where the kid's story happened, and that came out a month before Spectacular#87, where he revealed it to Felicia), and to this day, she's like one of the two love interests he did that for and Debra has the details that him revealing it to her was more of a weird attempt at psychology to help with her mental issues, so yeah, I don't think that works, and it also doesn't work with the characterization Spencer showed just a few years before this considering he was confident enough when asking MJ out.

Of course it could also just be writers loving to default Peter Parker into his high school self despite being in his 30s by now XD One or the other or both :P
    Likely that, and it has to be people who didn' even actually read his high school days post AF#15, considering he casually flirted with Betty and even tried to ask Liz out on dates.

It could also be fandom interpretations of the characters, those are generally varying degrees of "I don't even care about actually knowing the character", though there are plenty who try to actually understand the character.

Astonishing Member

He took a way bigger step in their relationship back when he revealed his secret identity to her the first time, and he sounded confident while doing so, asking her out on a date now is basically nothing compared to doing revealing his identity back when he was a colossal bitch about revealing his secret identity to anyone, specially considering she's one of the first people he did so to, and I think only Debra Whitman and the kid who collected Spider-Man had Spidey willingly revealing his identity before her (Séctacular#74 for Debra, ASM#248 is where the kid's story happened, and that came out a month before Spectacular#87, where he revealed it to Felicia), and to this day, she's like one of the two love interests he did that for and Debra has the details that him revealing it to her was more of a weird attempt at psychology to help with her mental issues, so yeah, I don't think that works, and it also doesn't work with the characterization Spencer showed just a few years before this considering he was confident enough when asking MJ out.
    Peter and Felicia even lived together for a short period when her apartment was blown up, in issues of Spectacular by Peter David.

Wells's characterization is wildly OOC. As per usual.

It could also be fandom interpretations of the characters, those are generally varying degrees of "I don't even care about actually knowing the character", though there are plenty who try to actually understand the character.
    There is SO much of that on social media, both Peter and Felicia have been flanderized beyond belief.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderlink View Post
    Yeah, imagine all the people you love hating you and the love of your life don’t wanting to talk with you and beginning a family, that is some real psychological damage to one person.
    From what I hear, people don't even hate him that much for whatever the hell he did lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Peter and Felicia even lived together for a short period when her apartment was blown up, in issues of Spectacular by Peter David.
    Oh yeah, around that time there was also Felicia admitting that she started to care about the Peter side too.

I think Wells' Spidey would have a heart attack over this .

Wells's characterization is wildly OOC. As per usual.
    If I ever decide to catch up with this run, man... At least I'll see all the bullshit at once, instead of being tortured with it over months lol.

There is SO much of that on social media, both Peter and Felicia have been flanderized beyond belief.
    Spiderfan001 has told me that Twitter has people who think Peter, Flash, Harry, Gwen and MJ all had sex with each other when they were in college LOL.

Then again, it's not completely wrong, you just have to ignore how the men didn't sleep with each other, or how the women didn't sleep with each other, or how Flash didn't sleep with either Gwen or MJ, or how it's not clear if Harry slept with MJ, or how Sins Past claims/confirms that Peter never slept with Gwen... So with these small exceptions out of the way, we can say with 100% certainty that at least Spidey and MJ had sex with each other, so these Twitter people aren't completely wrong.

But yeah, I'm not exactly gonna blame social media on this, fans always did that, a lot of times people like the idea of a character more than a character itself, which, I can understand, but it's annoying when they try to regurgitate shitty, nonsensical headcanons as the truth and keep doing it even after it's pointed out what actually happened.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 10-13-2022 at 09:16 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I'm not a shipper but I thought it was $#!t. It undermines all the amazing development Mackay has done with Felicia and makes Peter look pathetic. Hopefully he can make things work when he does his Mary Jane and Black Cat mini.
    This is kind of touching on my issue with it, it feels a very retro version of Black Cat as if much of her recent character development never happened. As for Peter he comes off as kind of pathetic and almost needy, really not a good look for the character. TBH with the current writer a lot of the characters feel really shallow or if not alright dead. Really though the writer seems pretty clueless with a lot of the writers, though I had issues with the last run it was still better than this one.

Astonishing Member

So heres a fun request, in the Mary Jane Appreciation page, a poster posted all of 5 Mary Jane's pin ups from Marvel Swimsuit issues 91 to 95. So I can't help but ask if the same can be done for all the Felicia pinups on those same Swimsuit issues over this thread. I know she appeared in every single issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    So heres a fun request, in the Mary Jane Appreciation page, a poster posted all of 5 Mary Jane's pin ups from Marvel Swimsuit issues 91 to 95. So I can't help but ask if the same can be done for all the Felicia pinups on those same Swimsuit issues over this thread. I know she appeared in every single issue.
    here's yours from 10 years ago
    https://www.deviantart.com/rzerox21x...kini-158159768
    first thing I type in google
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    here's yours from 10 years ago
    https://www.deviantart.com/rzerox21x...kini-158159768
    first thing I type in google
    Oh man my old Deviantart page from decades ago, I remember, I chose that as my favorite Felicia swimsuit pinup. Damnit Marvel, bring them back, freaking Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Absolutely love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Kind of looks like Night Spider.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kind of looks like Night Spider.
    That's not supposed to be her? 'Cause it does have her patterns lol.

Incredible Member

That's not supposed to be her? 'Cause it does have her patterns lol.
    Well being as the individual character piece from InHyuk Lee is titled Night Spider (A.K.A Black Cat) I am pretty sure it is.