Page 74 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2464707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1185
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Sounded like a date night type of thing. So she's moving on from Peter to Cindy?
    You don’t really want Peter and Felicia together huh hahaha

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by hoth82 View Post
    I have a certain nostalgia for her studded leather jacket, mullet design from the mid 1980’s.
    Tbh it would look better if the studs were silver and the bodice was black. It has a super 80s Annie Lennox/ Madonna vibe to it.

But yeah the OG costume is the clear winner. The 90s one is a close second when it isn't so ridiculously low cut.

And where is that one in back with black hair from? Looks like Selina snuck into a Black Cat montage.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Very bottom left is the 90's Mark Bagley redesign. (Around the time Peter went "Powerless") to the immediate left of Ultimate Cat is the Marvel Mangaverse Felicia.
    thank you very much
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/12/21/ma...-1-march-2023/

there's gonna be a story of Cindy Moon and Felica reunion for the first time with Felicia no longer a villain.
    Looking forward to that one.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    oh my i need someone to give me origin of the black cat on the bottom left and the one to left of Ultimate Black cat I think? actually just give me the names of all of them
    That's the Maximum Carnage suit! Circa 1994 I think.

Not 100% sure, but I think it comes back in the Venom vs Carnage mini (aka the origin of Toxin) in the mid-00s

BANNED

From the Zeb Wells March Amazing Spider-Man interview:

https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...t-did-peter-do

MARVEL.COM: What makes Black Cat a better fit for Peter, at least for the purposes of this story?
    ZEB WELLS: They've always had a natural affection for each other, and Felicia is drawn to Peter's more dangerous side. So this situation would naturally bring the two closer.

Not featured in the previews, covers, or solicits. And Marvel randomly ask Wells, who's hyping this up as a Peter/MJ saga, to essentially say what makes Felicia a better fit for the 'purposes of this story' and no longer the long-term

This woman is a total and complete afterthought

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    From the Zeb Wells March Amazing Spider-Man interview:

https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...t-did-peter-do

MARVEL.COM: What makes Black Cat a better fit for Peter, at least for the purposes of this story?
    ZEB WELLS: They've always had a natural affection for each other, and Felicia is drawn to Peter's more dangerous side. So this situation would naturally bring the two closer.

Not featured in the previews, covers, or solicits. And Marvel randomly ask Wells, who's hyping this up as a Peter/MJ saga, to essentially say what makes Felicia a better fit for the 'purposes of this story' and no longer the long-term

This woman is a total and complete afterthought
    Jesus Christ, everything about this run keeps getting worse. When will it end?

be3c6aeee61f41716d4ca791ecad87ff--pop-art-comics-spiderman-marvel[1].jpg

Ya'll spend *way* too much time trying to read between the lines of creator's statements.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Ya'll spend *way* too much time trying to read between the lines of creator's statements.
    The entire marketing for Felica on this, or lack of which, speaks for itself.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 12-23-2022 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    The entire marketing for Felica on this, or lack of which, speaks for itself.
    'Marketing for Felicia'.

All it tells me is that Wells is continuing the Peter x Felicia romance after the Joe Kelly written issues.

It’s really been a dreadful romance arc. Feels like bad fan fiction that Marvel is actually publishing, but you can say that about the Wells run as a whole.

I guess they’re going to continue in this direction despite how dreadful and unpopular it has been. (This run can’t end soon enough.)
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 12-23-2022 at 06:10 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I guess they’re going to continue in this direction
    Yes, but they're not saying it's for keeps, they're saying Felicia fits better for the "purposes of the story", and when the story's done, so too will the relationship

Of course, Well hasn't shown us why she 'fits' better, and Jed's writer revolt in the opening salvo of BC/MJ demonstrates Felicia herself doesn't think she's a good fit either. Even worse, the previews for the March issues, showing MJ rushing into danger alongside Peter, do a lot to disprove Wells' own indications that MJ isn't a good fit.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 12-23-2022 at 06:19 AM.

Felicia's hesitance is in Wells' comic. Jed's 'writer revolt' follows up with giving us some insight into her ambivalence.

I'm pretty sincerely doubtful that anything Jed wrote was any kind of indication about his personal feelings 'against' Wells takes, or an attempt to 'revolt' against it. Sheesh. These guys worked together on the event. Nothing happened that Wells didn't sign off on since it is his event. He saw those pages well ahead of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Felicia's hesitance is in Wells' comic. Jed's 'writer revolt' follows up with giving us some insight into her ambivalence.

I'm pretty sincerely doubtful that anything Jed wrote was any kind of indication about his personal feelings 'against' Wells takes, or an attempt to 'revolt' against it. Sheesh. These guys worked together on the event. Nothing happened that Wells didn't sign off on since it is his event. He saw those pages well ahead of us.
    That’s Editorial’s job. It’s pretty clear they aren’t very good at their jobs judging by… the last decade or so of Spider-Man comics.

(Couple of exceptions notwithstanding.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    That’s Editorial’s job. It’s pretty clear they aren’t very good at their jobs judging by… the last decade or so of Spider-Man comics.

(Couple of exceptions notwithstanding.)
    Editorial was involved, I'm sure, but I sincerely doubt that they'd let Jed be slap-fightng with Zeb Wells in the same event, and again, it's way more likely than not, your assumptions of competence nonwithstanding, that the two of them are cool with it. This is just another example of the folks looking for signs and looking *way* too hard for subtext.