Page 9 of 79 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yeah her character work is def. important.But not only do we see more of it when she's w/ Peter in her solo but none of the other supporting cast have nearly the same level of chemistry w/ her or by themselves.

I agree she should have solo adventures, but making her a Venom-esque solo is a massive misstep IMO
    I don't think comparing her supporting cast to Peter is particularly fair. For one thing, they aren't as established and for another, they serve a very different purpose to her than Peter does.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I think that at one time Felicia would have wanted Peter all to herself, but now I think that she'd be more than willing to be part of a trio, and I think that even MJ would warm up to it before long, not saying that it would be the new standard for her but if it's Felicia that's the other then...
    Her and Felicia are definitely closer nowadays, and I think their love for Peter is something they both relate on as well.

30.jpg

Yeah her character work is def. important.But not only do we see more of it when she's w/ Peter in her solo but none of the other supporting cast have nearly the same level of chemistry w/ her or by themselves.

I agree she should have solo adventures, but making her a Venom-esque solo is a massive misstep IMO
    I think she played off her crew and the guest stars in her book very well, and I definitely think they were able to focus on her character in a way that they haven't in her Spidey appearances as of late (since that's usually more focused on her relationship with Peter).

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Her and Felicia are definitely closer nowadays, and I think their love for Peter is something they both relate on as well.

30.jpg
    I just don't see MJ being the kind that lets other women borrow her boyfriend

Ultimate Member

Unless it's Felicia...though it wouldn't really be borrowing him, she more be sharing him...and as MJ said in those panels, she's been the wild child as well so she's not exactly a prude either...

what is Felicia's standard equipment now for adventuring and heist jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what is Felicia's standard equipment now for adventuring and heist jobs?
    Grappling hooks. Bad luck powers. Sex appeal .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Grappling hooks. Bad luck powers. Sex appeal .
    Contact lenses that give her night vision. Earrings that augment her equilibrium and balance through tapping into her inner ear. A suit loaded with micro-servomotors that boost her strength and speed. Retractable claws that used to be part of her gloves but became cybernetic implants down the line. The first three have been standard equipment for her since her appearances in the 90s comics, though the last one is a somewhat more modern invention.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

I think she played off her crew and the guest stars in her book very well, and I definitely think they were able to focus on her character in a way that they haven't in her Spidey appearances as of late (since that's usually more focused on her relationship with Peter).
    Yeah she did, but I don't think we can pretend the crew got any depth or any of the team-ups added smth to either of the character involved.She got far more depth and character work w/ her stuff w/ Peter.

Yeah again as I said she should have solo adventures, but a Venom esque solo is a big No-No

Astonishing Member

Gotta disagree, her best stuff even in her solo has been w/ Peter.Not to say her stuff w/out him hasn't been good but not nearly as good in comparison

Whether it's Spencer's 16.HU issue, or the marriage annual or even the one page of her lying to Peter or their interactions by Mckay and others in Beyond to recently saving her it's been fantastic.
    I like to see Felicia in other titles away from Spider-Man. On the other hand, I like to see Peter form partnerships with the following:

1. Jessica Drew
    2. Julia Carpenter
    3. Black Widow
    4. Betsy Braddock
    5. Jennifer Walters
    6. Tigra

On the family side, I would love to see Spider-Man have a close association with the following:

1. The Taskmaster
    2. Destiny
    3. Titania
    4. Copycat
    5. Dr. Minerva
    6. Mystique

Astonishing Member

Unless it's Felicia...though it wouldn't really be borrowing him, she more be sharing him...and as MJ said in those panels, she's been the wild child as well so she's not exactly a prude either...
    Almost nobody wants to share unless they are into that kind of lifestyle. MJ is not into sharing Peter with Felicia and Felicia does not want someone who will be thinking of someone else. What you are seeing is character growth when it comes to both MJ and Felicia and Character Growth is always a good thing.

Yeah she did, but I don't think we can pretend the crew got any depth or any of the team-ups added smth to either of the character involved.She got far more depth and character work w/ her stuff w/ Peter.

Yeah again as I said she should have solo adventures, but a Venom esque solo is a big No-No
    The crew were fun characters and the team-ups showed off Felicia's personality and ingenuity off well. The stuff with Black Fox and Odessa is stuff we probably wouldn't see in ASM.

Extraordinary Member

The crew were fun characters and the team-ups showed off Felicia's personality and ingenuity off well. The stuff with Black Fox and Odessa is stuff we probably wouldn't see in ASM.
    I feel like you're missing my point

I'm saying she should have solo adventures, but making her a solo like a Venom is a massive mistake.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Almost nobody wants to share unless they are into that kind of lifestyle. MJ is not into sharing Peter with Felicia and Felicia does not want someone who will be thinking of someone else. What you are seeing is character growth when it comes to both MJ and Felicia and Character Growth is always a good thing.
    Well she knows that he's often thinking of MJ and she still wants him...and MJ might not jump at the chance to share him but if it's Felicia I don't think that it'd be the last thing that she'd do...

Astonishing Member

Well she knows that he's often thinking of MJ and she still wants him...and MJ might not jump at the chance to share him but if it's Felicia I don't think that it'd be the last thing that she'd do...
    In the past, I have little doubt Felicia would not care who she hurts as long as she gets what she wants. But now things are different: Today she has a friend in MJ who actually understands her ( and explained why ( Gwen) which Peter would not do), and part of the increased character growth of Felicia is not stabbing someone in the back who is your friend.