Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Well to tie it back into Spurrier's Krakoan work specifically, Onslaught is gone now, but there's always the potential to say that while Onslaught was sneaking around undetected, it was able to use its influence over Xavier and affinity for the 'weak spots' of the resurrection protocols that were vulnerable to him and like.....sow a few seeds of potential longterm chaos or contingencies in case it was ever discovered or ousted. Like maybe they discover that there are specific cases or instances where Onslaught sabotaged a resurrection or interfered with one with specific intentions....such as making Xavier think he was putting Hank's back-up into his new husk when actually Onslaught had made him unknowingly swap it out for Dark Beast's. Or editing out key details or information from various mutants' minds so that people assume them to have a certain view or knowledge about events or other characters, with no idea there's a deliberately carved out blindspot in those mutants' memories or history instead. That kinda thing.

(And of course, it IS worth noting that the time Dark Beast replaced Hank without anyone else knowing just so happens to have taken place during the original Onslaught storyline. With Onslaught, even as he was still masquerading as Xavier to everyone else, being the only one to notice the swap and realize who Dark Beast really was, and then recruiting him as his minion while both continued to hide their true natures from the rest of the X-Men. Thus its actually a very feasible callback for both characters and makes tons of in story sense for Onslaught to have swapped an established former minion of his into the heart of Krakoan infrastructure while he had total unobstructed access).
    This is an interesting take, and has weird implication on how far back this goes, because it may well be that Jean after dying in space ,after the orchis mission may have been swapped by resurrecting Madelyne Pryor(with Sinister being in on it), so maybe Maddie is actually in two bodies right now? Just playing a mind game ,certainly fits with Maddie being cool with sharing the bed with Logan and Scott(and Havok now)
    Last edited by Rev9; 01-19-2022 at 04:03 AM.

If i had any reservations about getting this before i'm definitely off the fence now. The lack of x-books this week had me thinking not much to read but i got devil reign xmen and this, and shehulk, but anyway I never knew i needed a Black knight and the x-men book. I really wish Si was writing a Knights of X companion book. I hope this kind of writing is what we see in Legion of X but damn this man writes a good Black Knight.

edit: the book was death of doctor strange. lol. i was so excited. lol.
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-19-2022 at 04:34 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I'm wondering if we might get a crossover between Black Knight and Legion of X. .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm wondering if we might get a crossover between Black Knight and Legion of X. .
    Yeah after the Death of Dr. Strange tie-in I would not at all be shocked to see Jacks show up in Legion of X, and I hope she does. She'd have an interesting viewpoint on things I feel.

Also, given that the Ebon Siege is basically on the Astral Plane, I wonder what kind of fuckery would result if she were to go to the House of L or whatever its called, that's essentially a segment of the astral plane made into a physical kind of space within Legion's head. I feel like something funky should definitely happen with the Siege chair and how it interacts with Dane and Jackie and them with each other, were it to be 'brought into' Legion's House of L space.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Legion of X release date 20/04.
    Hope Pixie keeps a modified version of her gala outfit and I really like Juggernaut being on the team.
    A4547BA5-36F1-49F4-9FAC-9DD443F1EE26.jpg

LEGION OF X #1
    SI SPURRIER (W) • JAN BAZALDUA (A) • Cover by DIKE RUAN
    Design Variant Cover by TOM MULLER • Headshot variant cover by TODD NAUCK
    Promo Variant Cover by MIKE MCKONE • Teaser Variant Cover by BOB QUINN
    Variant Cover by NICK ROBLES • Variant Cover by KEN LASHLEY
    DESIGN VARIANT COVER BY JAMIE MCKELVIE
    SI SPURRIER AND JAN BAZALDUA BRING PEACE, LOVE AND JUSTICE TO KRAKOA!
    Krakoa has its laws — but does it have justice? To remain a mutant sanctuary, Krakoa must safeguard itself against those who would damage its peace or traumatize its people. The lost must be found, and the wicked must face redemption — or retribution.
    It’s up to the ever-soulful swashbuckler NIGHTCRAWLER to keep the spark alive and LEGION to host his unique team in the psychedelic mindspace called THE ALTAR. With PIXIE on point, JUGGERNAUT as a one-man riot squad and a host of X-favorites on the beat, the LEGION OF X will do anything to protect mutants’ right to pursue happiness and hope. Kicking off with a hunt for a missing Arakkii god and a skinjacker possessing innocent mutants, read this issue and come meet Weaponless Zsen, Ora Serrata... and a villain worth praying for. The Destiny of X bares it heart and soul right here!
    Last edited by Su_Whisterfield; 01-20-2022 at 01:02 PM.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Variant cover by Nick Robles… pricks up my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Variant cover by Nick Robles… pricks up my ears.
    I didn’t notice that! I’ll be on the hunt for that variant!
    I’m actually pleasantly surprised by the number of variant covers there are.
    Last edited by Proxy; 01-21-2022 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Yeah after the Death of Dr. Strange tie-in I would not at all be shocked to see Jacks show up in Legion of X, and I hope she does. She'd have an interesting viewpoint on things I feel.

Also, given that the Ebon Siege is basically on the Astral Plane, I wonder what kind of fuckery would result if she were to go to the House of L or whatever its called, that's essentially a segment of the astral plane made into a physical kind of space within Legion's head. I feel like something funky should definitely happen with the Siege chair and how it interacts with Dane and Jackie and them with each other, were it to be 'brought into' Legion's House of L space.
    I really liked Spurrier's work on the Black Knight recently and I would like to get into this book. Any recommendations to prepare? Way of X maybe?

Thanks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrjinjin View Post
    I really liked Spurrier's work on the Black Knight recently and I would like to get into this book. Any recommendations to prepare? Way of X maybe?

Thanks.
    I mean, Way of X is only five issues and then the Onslaught Revelation was a one-shot, so just read that and you're all caught up!