Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Needs Dazzler

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Needs Dazzler
    Not going to argue! She’d be a great asset.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Not going to argue! She’d be a great asset.
    Every good police force could use a living flashbang!

I’m surprised we didn’t see more of her in Way of X as is

I’d actually like to see Ali in X-men Red. That cast (Storm, Cable, Magneto, Sunspot, Brand and Vulcan) could use another female.

Astonishing Member

True. Definitely have also had the thought that X-Men Red hopefully has more women in it than just Storm, but I wouldn't mind Ali in Legion of X either - though if she is, then please can it be without the weird romance with Dr. Nemesis?

LOL. Sorry if anyone likes that pair but it just seems what little we've seen of it has just been Nemesis being attracted to her cuz she's not his usual type and a relationship with her would be uncharted territory for him and thus holds appeal for the novelty factor.....but nothing at all about why Ali would be interested in him. I'll admit, writers have sold me on random off the wall relationships before, but convincing me Ali's got any kind of lasting interest in Nemesis' character would be an impressive feat. I'm just saying, lmao.

Same. Though I did read somewhere that she once slept with Beast, so maybe there’s precedent for her liking weird Nazi scientist types.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    True. Definitely have also had the thought that X-Men Red hopefully has more women in it than just Storm, but I wouldn't mind Ali in Legion of X either - though if she is, then please can it be without the weird romance with Dr. Nemesis?

LOL. Sorry if anyone likes that pair but it just seems what little we've seen of it has just been Nemesis being attracted to her cuz she's not his usual type and a relationship with her would be uncharted territory for him and thus holds appeal for the novelty factor.....but nothing at all about why Ali would be interested in him. I'll admit, writers have sold me on random off the wall relationships before, but convincing me Ali's got any kind of lasting interest in Nemesis' character would be an impressive feat. I'm just saying, lmao.
    As long as we get no real insight into why characters are interested in each other then I find it very hard to care. Nemesis in WoX was not the catch of Krakoa.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Same. Though I did read somewhere that she once slept with Beast, so maybe there’s precedent for her liking weird Nazi scientist types.
    Eh, that was when Beast was more interested in being the designated plus one his BFF Wonder Man took to all the big Hollywood parties, than like....one-upping his evil twin Dark Beast in being an even Darker Beast. Ali wouldn't have touched Dark Beast with a ten foot photonic blast, and aspiring to even less morals than those held by your twisted doppelganger who once kidnapped you and tried to steal your life, is like.....not what the Queen of Star Power would term a glow up.

(Man, what's it say when you're ready and willing to have comics just blatantly repeat previous storylines just to salvage a character? I'd honestly be one hundred percent fine with a comic suddenly revealing that the Beast we've seen since the start of Krakoa is actually Dark Beast and some X-Men find the real 616 Hank locked up in DB's lair somewhere. Don't even need them to try and be subtle about it. Lampshade the **** out of that redux. Have Beast be like "I can't believe you all literally fell for that AGAIN, there is no conceivable way his performance as my fine hirsute self could possibly be so convincing as to have merited an encore. Did none of you even STOP to consider, upon witnessing me committing utterly reprehensible acts, that there exists in this very dimension a literal EVIL TWIN of mine who LOVES committing utterly reprehensible acts, up to and including the utterly reprehensible act of hijacking my entire life and delighting in pinning all his atrocities on my lovable blue self? Please, I beg of you, on all future occasions you espy me doing something you consider heinous - please do avail yourself of a whole five minutes of doubt as to whether or not I am in fact, THE REAL MCCOY!")

But I digress, of course.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 01-17-2022 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Eh, that was when Beast was more interested in being the designated plus one his BFF Wonder Man took to all the big Hollywood parties, than like....one-upping his evil twin Dark Beast in being an even Darker Beast. Ali wouldn't have touched Dark Beast with a ten foot photonic blast, and aspiring to even less morals than those held by your twisted doppelganger who once kidnapped you and tried to steal your life, is like.....not what the Queen of Star Power would term a glow up.

(Man, what's it say when you're ready and willing to have comics just blatantly repeat previous storylines just to salvage a character? I'd honestly be one hundred percent fine with a comic suddenly revealing that the Beast we've seen since the start of Krakoa is actually Dark Beast and some X-Men find the real 616 Hank locked up in DB's lair somewhere. Don't even need them to try and be subtle about it. Lampshade the **** out of that redux. Have Beast be like "I can't believe you all literally fell for that AGAIN, there is no conceivable way his performance as my fine hirsute self could possibly be so convincing as to have merited an encore. Did none of you even STOP to consider, upon witnessing me committing utterly reprehensible acts, that there exists in this very dimension a literal EVIL TWIN of mine who LOVES committing utterly reprehensible acts, up to and including the utterly reprehensible act of hijacking my entire life and delighting in pinning all his atrocities on my lovable blue self? Please, I beg of you, on all future occasions you espy me doing something you consider heinous - please do avail yourself of a whole five minutes of doubt as to whether or not I am in fact, THE REAL MCCOY!")

But I digress, of course.
    I’d make it even cleaner and say his mind got fused with the backup of Dark Beast and this is what we have. Once they realize it, they could fix the problem on the next resurrection.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I’d make it even cleaner and say his mind got fused with the backup of Dark Beast and this is what we have. Once they realize it, they could fix the problem on the next resurrection.
    That could actually be a cool plot. Somehow Beast’s backup got corrupted and that’s why he’s become such an out-and-out villain. Having said that, he became a villain in other realities (like AoA) so the potential is there. Might be more interesting having the 616 version truly become a bad guy. To the point where he murders Dark Beast as a “pale imitation” and experiments on himself, making himself even stronger and more fearsome. I’m thinking more like the version he ended up becoming in the ‘Here Comes Tomorrow’ arc of Morrison’s New X-men. The X-men have tons of villains who’ve now become good guys are quasi good guys (or at least are on teams now in the Krakoan Age). Might be cool to see a former hero go evil for a change. Just a thought…

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Yeah, they've made it clear that the Dark Beast had *some* means of evading death, and access to the same sort of tech that Apocalypse used for it, *and* he also claimed back in Age of Apocalyse that he'd made hundreds of tweaks to his own genome to add new abilities and options, so it would be completely on-theme to discover that he had a one-use telepathic organ in the center of his torso that fired off at the moment of his death and broadcast his current personality and memories to one of a host of clone bodies awaiting his arrival, so that he could just dust himself off in his new body and start afresh.

But, something went wrong at the moment of his last death, and his telepathic broadcast got misdirected because there was *another* Hank McCoy standing much closer than any of his empty clones, so know he's all tangled up in the body and brain of 'the real McCoy!' (And because of that entanglement of real McCoy with Dark Beast, he's so far managed to evade any of the dozen telepaths he knows from realizing that his peanut butter has slipped into their friend's chocolate.)

That said, there's lots of potential for this sort of storyline.

What if, at the time of a Dark Beast's death, the broadcast got messed up because there were two clones roughly equidistant, and one woke up with his charming personality (all the evil, and outraged that his mind has been 'stolen' from him, and having the not-exactly-a-genius notion that perhaps killing and eating the other one will restore his genius?), and the other with his scientific genius (more like our world's Hank McCoy, smart but not evil).
    Last edited by Sutekh; 01-17-2022 at 12:54 PM.

That’s a cool theory. Is Dark Beast presently dead?

The Carrion Virus turns infected people into psychic zombies AND give them the personality and memories of Miles Warren, the Jackal... maybe Dark Beast created something similar, and infected Hank with it? And now Hank McCoy is slowly becoming Dark Beast... he may even have split personality, becoming Dark Beast at times, and then returning to normal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    That’s a cool theory. Is Dark Beast presently dead?
    Yeah he died in the run up to Hickman…

Astonishing Member

Well to tie it back into Spurrier's Krakoan work specifically, Onslaught is gone now, but there's always the potential to say that while Onslaught was sneaking around undetected, it was able to use its influence over Xavier and affinity for the 'weak spots' of the resurrection protocols that were vulnerable to him and like.....sow a few seeds of potential longterm chaos or contingencies in case it was ever discovered or ousted. Like maybe they discover that there are specific cases or instances where Onslaught sabotaged a resurrection or interfered with one with specific intentions....such as making Xavier think he was putting Hank's back-up into his new husk when actually Onslaught had made him unknowingly swap it out for Dark Beast's. Or editing out key details or information from various mutants' minds so that people assume them to have a certain view or knowledge about events or other characters, with no idea there's a deliberately carved out blindspot in those mutants' memories or history instead. That kinda thing.

(And of course, it IS worth noting that the time Dark Beast replaced Hank without anyone else knowing just so happens to have taken place during the original Onslaught storyline. With Onslaught, even as he was still masquerading as Xavier to everyone else, being the only one to notice the swap and realize who Dark Beast really was, and then recruiting him as his minion while both continued to hide their true natures from the rest of the X-Men. Thus its actually a very feasible callback for both characters and makes tons of in story sense for Onslaught to have swapped an established former minion of his into the heart of Krakoan infrastructure while he had total unobstructed access).
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 01-17-2022 at 02:32 PM.