Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    I love Pixie's new look. Who is the girl behind pixie? Doesn't look like Blindfold.
    Think she's one of the new characters.
    Happy to hear Pixie, Dust and Blindfold are in. Same for Juggs, he became interesting recently after his solo and Unlimited series.

Not sure about Legion though.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

3 New X-Men in a single team.
    That automatically makes it the best line-up announced so far. (New Mutants will probably still be good too)
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Jan Bazaldua was the artist on Mr. and Mrs. X.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Man I wish they’d give Dr. Nemesis his fedora back. He looks ridiculous without it and mushrooms growing out of his head in their place.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Jan Bazaldua was the artist on Mr. and Mrs. X.
    Mr. and Mrs. X was a very weird book for me in that I liked the art.....except for when it came to how major X-characters and Remy and Rogue themselves were drawn. Like, the style worked for me, but the specific looks for the various X-characters just felt weirdly off a lot of the time? Whereas I thought the look of other characters like the Imperial Guard were great.

Pixie and fishnets...

Pros:
    Looks like the Academy X kids will be getting some page time.
    I like the artist.
    I'm a general fan of Spurrier's work, and it's always a good time when he's writing Legion.

Cons:
    I'm betting the "X-Cops" pitch is part of why X-Factor's been disbanded instead of relaunched.
    Spurrier's Nightcrawler was really not my cup of tea, and Way of X didn't remotely live up to its potential.

So probably going to be on the fence about this one until we get more info. Spurrier always manages to sucker me in once he starts doing the rounds. XD

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Can someone explain why exactly this team exists?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I already knew I wasn't adding this to my pull and this press release just underscores my decision.
    While I will acknowledge Spurrier is one of the X-Office's better writers I wasn't a fan of his Legion and what little I read of WoX didn't grab me at all.
    The premise of an on-Island "security/police force" is interesting in that we could get to see a more diverse subsection of Krakoa and their inhabitants it's the execution that will pull me up short.
    And Bazaldua's art isn't my cuppa.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-04-2022 at 05:01 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

At the least, it's an interesting team, which not all of the books can say lol

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Can someone explain why exactly this team exists?
    Read Way of X .

I’m cautiously optimistic. The storylines have potential and I hoped Legion of X would be continuing to look at problems being faced on Krakoa. But Spurrier missed the mark on Nightcrawlers characterisation more often than not so I’m hoping not to see a repeat of that.

One thing I liked about Way of X is that it always had something to say, so even when I found myself STRONGLY disagreeing with it’s messages it still made me think and kept me entertained. I’ll definitely try this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Definitely not, Blindfold is in the second preview image. From the style, I'm guessing Arraki character.
    Could that be ora serata? The keeper of arakkii law?