Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I'm willing to give this series a shot, but if it's at all like WOX I'm out. I like Spurrier but I thought just about everyone in WOX were out of character and some of his decisions were downright problematic.

I still have faith he could do Pixie justice, but I wasn't at all impressed with his usage of Loa or Mercury! I also wish he kept the Xorn Brothers I thought they added such a unique visual for Legion. I'll give this series a few issues before I judge!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I like the out there nature of this team, but my conscience is telling me a line up like this won't draw in many new readers!

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    You're forgetting Hellion, who would be perfect for this book.
    Yes, Hellion and Chamber. Would be perfect.

Maybe they’ll make it on the “rotating roster” (like New Mutants was supposed to have).
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Ultimate Member

Love Nightcrawler and Dust, and the notion that two of the more overtly religious mutants are sharing a team. (It could be fun to see some representation from other faiths, like Sabra and Indra, for instance.)

Not a fan of Dr. Nazi, though. I feel like they are trying to pull a Sinister and make him another 'funny evil guy,' but I'm not feeling it.

I know almost nothing about Forget-Me-Not (which I'm *totally* blaming on his mutant power...), and don't recognize the lady floating to his right. (Is that one of the astral projectors, Scanner or Hope Abbott/Trance?) The fact that I don't know them automatically interests me, 'cause I am whacky like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Love Nightcrawler and Dust, and the notion that two of the more overtly religious mutants are sharing a team. (It could be fun to see some representation from other faiths, like Sabra and Indra, for instance.)

Not a fan of Dr. Nazi, though. I feel like they are trying to pull a Sinister and make him another 'funny evil guy,' but I'm not feeling it.

I know almost nothing about Forget-Me-Not (which I'm *totally* blaming on his mutant power...), and don't recognize the lady floating to his right. (Is that one of the astral projectors, Scanner or Hope Abbott/Trance?) The fact that I don't know them automatically interests me, 'cause I am whacky like that.
    I think that’s Blindfold.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    Yes, Hellion and Chamber. Would be perfect.

Maybe they’ll make it on the “rotating roster” (like New Mutants was supposed to have).
    So I had a brief encounter with Si Spurrier earlier today in Twitter -- I was praising the team but also requesting Chamber -- and he implied that Chamber may appear in Legion of X!

-Pav, who would love the team even more...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    So I had a brief encounter with Si Spurrier earlier today in Twitter -- I was praising the team but also requesting Chamber -- and he implied that Chamber may appear in Legion of X!

-Pav, who would love the team even more...
    Yes! I’ll be pleased!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

So is this a new Juggernaut or is Cain now allowed on Krakoa? Because iirc Xavier specifically said he was banned since he's not an actual mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    So is this a new Juggernaut or is Cain now allowed on Krakoa? Because iirc Xavier specifically said he was banned since he's not an actual mutant.
    Maybe Xavier will be more flexible now that he has realized that he has locked himself in a box full of serpents. Maybe having his powerful stepbrother around looks like a good idea now...

Astonishing Member

They stuck with the no mutants thing for how long anyway? I’m pretty sure they did away with it when other writers just had random humans showing up anyway.

If Northstar’s husband can be there, so can Xavier’s stepbrother, who WAS an X-Man on more than one occasion.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I'm willing to give this series a shot, but if it's at all like WOX I'm out. I like Spurrier but I thought just about everyone in WOX were out of character and some of his decisions were downright problematic.

I still have faith he could do Pixie justice, but I wasn't at all impressed with his usage of Loa or Mercury! I also wish he kept the Xorn Brothers I thought they added such a unique visual for Legion. I'll give this series a few issues before I judge!

I like the out there nature of this team, but my conscience is telling me a line up like this won't draw in many new readers!
    God forbid Spurrier not adhere to the rich character tapestry woven around Loa.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Park Slope Pixie View Post
    God forbid Spurrier not adhere to the rich character tapestry woven around Loa.
    TBF Legion was a dick with those two, if you go with the interpretation he specifically made Loa see Mercury's darkest self in an attempt to draw out Onslaught.

Although wasn't Mercury in a relationship with Bling! ?

Astonishing Member

At the same time that Xavier said Cain was banned because he wasn't a mutant, Northstar's human husband was already living on the island full time. I don't think it was ever actually a rule -- Xavier just used it as an excuse to keep Cain off the island. Charles can be a bit petty sometimes.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    At the same time that Xavier said Cain was banned because he wasn't a mutant, Northstar's human husband was already living on the island full time. I don't think it was ever actually a rule -- Xavier just used it as an excuse to keep Cain off the island. Charles can be a bit petty sometimes.
    Yeah, he did the same when he was hesitant to resurrect Legion.

Everybody else's unstable mad-powerful relatives get a free pass (hi Emplate! hi Gabriel! hi James Braddock! hi Proteus!), but his own relatives, no, Krakoa is not for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Although wasn't Mercury in a relationship with Bling! ?
    Yes, at least as much of a relationship as there can be when it's referenced a couple times over seven years (holding hands in Strain's GenX and making out in Williams' X-Factor). :/