Astonishing Member

Default Stories That You Like To See Adapted To A Mature Animated Movie

If Marvel ever returns to making PG-13 animated movies what stories would you like to see adapted?

For me, just to name a few:

- Kraven’s Last Hunt

- Death Of Gwen Stacy

- Demon In The Bottle

- Hulk End.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Marvel Knights Spider-Man #1-12 by Mark Millar.

Clone Saga Trilogy --- Part 1 beings with The Night Gwen Stacy Died and The Green Goblin's Last Stand as a prelude, setting the stage for the rise of the Jackal, Peter Parker trying to live on despite his grief for Gwen, only for that to get more complicated for him when she seemingly returns from the dead. The plot climaxes with him confronting both the Jackal, who is revealed to be his Empire State University professor Miles Warren, and his own identically costumed clone, presuming he's the original/true Spider-Man, and Gwen turning out to be a clone as well, created by Warren as a means of "resurrecting" the girl they both loved, and whom Warren resented Peter for being unable to save. The Spider-Men's fight ultimately ends with a detonation set off by an increasingly unhinged Jackal, apparently killing everyone but one of the Spider-Men . . . who brushes himself off on the presumption that he's the original and finally tries to move on with his life as Peter Parker, starting by accepting Mary Jane Watson's invitation for a date/party.

Part 2 picks up about five years later, with Peter out of university, married to a pregnant Mary Jane Watson, and spiraling toward a psychological breakdown after Harry Osborn's death as the second Green Goblin and a posthumous "prank" pulled by Harry with help from the Chameleon involving robotic simulacra of Peter's long-dead parents, and now Aunt May becoming terminally ill --- exactly the wrong time for Peter's not-so-dead clone to step back into his life, under the name Ben Reilly, after Peter's Uncle Ben and May's maiden name. Driven by his own great power and great responsibility and hounded by demons from his past in attempting to make a life for himself despite his status as a clone, Ben becomes a fellow costumed crimefighter called the Scarlet Spider, much to his own chagrin and Peter's suspicion, especially when the Jackal returns as well, deadlier than ever and playing mind games with Peter and Ben. Then there's a mysterious third party named Kaine, a masked man with seemingly supercharged versions of Peter's (and Ben's) spider-powers, taking down several of Spider-Man's foes while harboring a deep hatred for Ben. Ultimately, the truth is revealed, or so it would seem: Kaine is also a clone of Peter Parker, the first created and then discarded by the Jackal for not being perfect, and Peter himself is a clone, with Ben being the "true, original" Spider-Man all along. Of course, with the evidence given coming from the Jackal, Peter and Ben aren't exactly inclined to take him at his word, though Peter decides to make peace with Ben and cede the Spider-Man identity to him while he looks after Mary Jane and Aunt May.

Part 3 is Ben Reilly in a snazzy new updated (and upgraded) Spider-Man costume, fighting crime, spinning webs, and having the time of his life. He's made friends, he's finally built a life and identity for himself outside the webs . . . but all that comes crashing down when Kaine comes back, looking for one last fight to the death, along with Ben's lost love Janine Godbe, whom he'd thought died years ago. While Ben is ultimately able to overcome and make peace with Kaine, as well as reunite with Janine and help her face her demons, it all seems to be for naught when the Green Goblin returns, forcing Ben and Peter to suit up together as Spider-Men, in a fight that only one of them survives, with the other meeting his heroic end . . . or does he?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Born Again.

Immortal Hulk.

Age of Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Born Again.
    This! Born Again is a real classic and deserves a movie with gritty animation.

Operation: Zero Tolerance, if I can branch out from Spider-Man for a moment.

The first Thunderbolts saga by Kurt Busiek, too.

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-29-2022 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Armor Wars. The 90s Iron Man animated series did a solid job for the time, but I'd love to see it as a full-blown animated movie event.

Miller’s Daredevil run with the Death of Elektra.

Astonishing Member

X-men: God Loves, Man Kills

Weapon X

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Doctor Strange and Doctor Doom: Triumph and Torment. It should be no holds barred on the hellish carnage and the horror as well.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Thanos Wins would be a blast

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-31-2022 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

A supernatural/mythological story involving Dr. Strange and Thor with maybe Mephisto and Surtur as the main antagonists.

It'd have to be told bee told long form, but I would love to see Secret Warriors put animated.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark