Default Andrew Garfield Spider-Man & Henry Cavill Superman team-up Movie

Sony and Warner Bros. can co-produce and co-finance this movie. This would not, obviously, be an MCU based film. It doesn't have to be "Snyder-Verse", either.

Andrew Garfield can play Peter Parker/Spider-Man
    Henry Cavill can play Clark Kent/Superman

This can be a "megaverse" crossover film. Or... it could operate with the quiet conceit that both of these guys are on the "same" world, without controversy.

The criminals would have to be incredibly powerful. At least, from Superman's vantage point. Mongul, and, uhm... not sure what ultra-powerful villains that Columbia has spider-exclusive access to.

Sony wants more hits. WB wants more hits. They need to make this happen, once and for all.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 01-05-2022 at 06:26 PM. Reason: clarify title

Ehh, from a Rumbler standpoint, this movie would feature numerous scenes where Spider-man is left holding Clark's jock strap while Superman blitzes all the bad guys. Then there would be one obligatory scene involving kryptonite where Spider-man saves the day. I would skip it unless the reviews were great.

Weird. From the title I randomly assumed this was some hybrid of Spider-Man and Garfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Weird. From the title I randomly assumed this was some hybrid of Spider-Man and Garfield.
    spider-garfield. wow, didn't think of that, kind of neat!
    ha-ha.

Commercially, i guess Venom and a handful of others might be expected to be in the mix on the Marvel side based on Sony producer preferences. But I really feel it should be more of a schemer. In a way, if Kingpin was available, if he's a shared character and not fully MCU owned, pairing him with Lex Luthor could work. There would have to be creative ways to prevent both heroes from simply manhandling both of them.

I know the demon D'Spayre has bothered Spider-Man in the past. Superman has a problem against magic. but my guess is he's MCU owned.
    Calypso is rather obscure, and I don't see how she'd be a boostable threat to Superman.

I'm tempted to just prefer the Kingsley Hobgoblin, who strikes some deal with Luthor for enhanced technology- including kryptonite infused glove blasters and pumpkin grenades.

Quick idea:

Spider-man steps out of the portal fresh off his No Way Home adventure and sees news reports about some guy called "Superman" flying around. At first he thinks he got sent to the wrong dimension, but after an encounter with Superman, he learns that Supes is the stranger.

Superman got zapped into this dimension by an explosion while fighting Brainiac.

Superman is all mopey because he feels like he's stuck in some dimension that's not real and doesn't count and Peter actually gets to be the voice of maturity here. Of course Peter is somewhat jealous of how quickly the city has accepted it's new hero as well.

Meanwhile, Brainiac was badly damaged in the crossover and was found by Professor Miles Warren (the Jackal). Brainiac is using Jackal to rebuild him and the machine he needs to get home/destroy the world/conquered it/whatever. Jackal is deviating slightly from Brainys plans to work on his own pet project ... a perfect Gwen Stacey clone. So far his clones have been ... not quite right (we can have him crate Demogoblin, Kaine, Bizarro).

Of course this world never happen but I do wonder if it's possible?

If wb and sony decide to, then yes it can happen, most likely not in the foreseeable future. But studios have been known to work together for mutual financial gain. Take a look at mcu spider-man, though he is a marvel character he does not belong to disney(for movies anyway)

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    If wb and sony decide to, then yes it can happen, most likely not in the foreseeable future. But studios have been known to work together for mutual financial gain. Take a look at mcu spider-man, though he is a marvel character he does not belong to disney(for movies anyway)
    Based on the recent leaks/rumours about the direction of the DCEU, Cavil is not likely to be returning to the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Based on the recent leaks/rumours about the direction of the DCEU, Cavil is not likely to be returning to the role.
    True enough, but not for cavill not wanting to play him. For some reason WB doesnt care for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    It would make a ton of money if I was in charge I'd definitely consider it.