Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    At this point people are just drawing the costumes they like which I would do to honestly.
    I mean, I'm not going to complain about seeing classic, clean-shaven, Aquaman again.
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Not sure about any of that, but the big thing is that this feels rather nitpicky a thing to takeaway from what it otherwise a strong, compelling, and engrossing story that makes sense.
    I feel it's a relevant comment when it's basically showcasing all these different points in a characters' life intersecting with the wider DCU and whether it makes "sense." Of course it could just be a result of DC's bigger push for "everything is canon."

Aquaman is getting a DC Black Label story written by Ram V and Black Manta is gonna be in it!

https://www.cbr.com/aquaman-andromed...ampaign=CBR-TW

The plot synopsis for Aquaman: Andromeda reads, "Deep in the Pacific Ocean, at the farthest possible distance from any land, sits Point Nemo: the spaceship graveyard. Since the dawn of the space race, the nations of the world have sent their crafts there on splashdown, to sink beneath the silent seas. But there is something… else at Point Nemo. A structure never made by human hands. And that structure seems to be… waking up."

"A covert team of scientists, survivalists, and soldiers make up the crew of the experimental submarine Andromeda, a prototype deep sea exploration vessel powered by a mysterious black-hole drive, and they have been chosen to investigate the sunken mystery… but they aren't the only ones pursuing it. Anything of value beneath the ocean is of value to the master pirate Black Manta… and anything that attracts Black Manta attracts Arthur Curry, his lifelong foe, the Aquaman! But heaven help them all when the doors of the mystery at Point Nemo swing wide to admit them…"
    Also, LOVED his mini and where it left him. Can't wait to see what's next in Aquamen.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Aquaman is getting a DC Black Label story written by Ram V and Black Manta is gonna be in it!

https://www.cbr.com/aquaman-andromed...ampaign=CBR-TW

Also, LOVED his mini and where it left him. Can't wait to see what's next in Aquamen.
    Finally .

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

UUUUNNNNGHHHH MANTAAAAAA <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Seriously, ever since I first saw him in the DCEU, I've had a crush on him. Before that, I only knew the Super Friends version with the derpy electronic voice.

And then mothereffing Devil Ray from the DCAU.

Devil Ray... his voice is just smokin'. I wish he didn't die (yet I wanted Manta to die in Forever Evil, because uh...)

I'm writing a parody of him called Diablo Montez in a comic I wish to be published. It's based on a Carmax commercial where a boat called the "S.S. Too Good To Be True" sinks. One of Devil Ray's lines in JLU was "This is just too good to be true" so that's where I got the idea for it.

I also ship Manta with Atomica. Yes, she did try to kill him in canon, but in my DCU, she is a tortured soul manipulated by Jonathan Allen, and she only is in the Crime Syndicate out of fear and to pay child support for her son Roy. Eventually, Black Manta murders the rest of the team, but Rhonda, Johnny, and Grid escape. With a few heroes' help, Ronnie breaks free from Johnny, and remembers the "hero" who killed her teammates, leading her to hook up with David.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.