Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I'll vote for Tami's entry this week:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

Though I was almost tempted to go with PaulBullion's Crying Freeman entry, which I may have even bought for myself back in the day . . .

One character who I thought might show up for this week but didn't: New 52's Starling:

Englehart Humperdinck! Slutburger is the 1993 moment! Who IS he?!
    Honourable mention to Zelena.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Catlady in training

Cover caught my eye.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Kirby101 for a fun cover.

Runner-up: Stony for that striking Joker cover. Sadly, Doom isn't into inking but he does have a pierced ear..

I vote Shalla Bal!

Astonishing Member

Catlady in training, because I was looking for a good "magical wards" cover and forgot about that one

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Time to tally the votes!

1 vote each: Englehart Humperdinck, foxley, Nschornhorst, seismic-2, Shalla Bal, SquirrelMan, WestPhillyPunisher, Zelena
    2 votes each: Catlady in Training, nx01a, Riv86672, Tami

and the winner with three votes---KIRBY101!

As always, if anyone wants to double check my tally, feel free!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Congratulations to KIRBY101. And thanks to everyone who participated. This week's entries were truly stellar.

Congratulations, Kirby101! Also, thank you, Englehart Humperdinck for the lovely vote!

Congratulations, Kirby101!

Thanks for the votes MRP and icctrombone!

Congratulations, Kirby101!
    And thank you to Tami and seismic-2 for votes.

Congratulations to Kirby101 for a sunny cover that gives good vibes to this board…

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Zelena. This one works, even though I've found rampant overuse of women facing away on various book and comics covers.
    Thank you, kjn, for the vote. Maybe it makes a difference that the Morallès artist is actually Ana Morallès, a woman…

And, thanks, nx01a, for the mention…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
    Congratulations to KIRBY101. And thanks to everyone who participated. This week's entries were truly stellar.
    True… Aesthetic, artsy…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

WOW!! All I can say is, You're Welcome! I just thought I found a fun and unexpected cover for the theme. Never thought it would win. And you all posted some great tattoo covers.
    I will put up a new contest later today. And seriously, thank you IM, Nschorn and Scott for the votes.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Congratulation to Kirby101 for a wonderful cover which actually breaks stereotypes. I will get to that later. But I suspect the chicken was the reason for the win.

And now what the captain has learned this contest in the Peak of the Week. Tattoos. They've gained recent popularity and I see more and more people with art on their bodies. I remember my grandfather had a tattoo, but he had been in the merchant marine so sailor qualified there. Today, though, tattoos thrive on all genders. They are colorful and interesting (or so I hope). I personally have uninked skin and have not come up with anything worth the permanence. They are no longer fringe, but mainstream. And I always hope they have a meaning and a story.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?