Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Rank the 5 Spidey Movies

So I am gonna guess that any self-respecting Spidey fan (i.e: the vast majority of members here!) has seen the new movie by now. Howzabout we do a quick rank of where it falls compared to Sam Raimi's trilogy and the first TASM movie? For me, they rank like this:

1) Spider-Man 2---Molina's Doc Ock was killer and, while I was not a fan of either Toby Maguire or Kirsten Dunst, this film got the mix just right.

2) Spider-Man---The costume and mask for Green Goblin was unforgiveably goofy but the rest was solid.

3) Amazing Spider-Man 2---Take out the entire Electro character/plot and we might have had greatness.

4) Amazing Spider-Man--Marc Webb just doesn't know how to do a central villain; this Lizard was just bad. Garfield/Stone are magic, though.

5) Spider-Man 3---A near complete mess. Venom could've been ok, Sandman was pretty bad and it just all falls apart. Decent FX but that's about it.

Amazing Member

Spider-Man 2
    Spider-Man
    The Amazing Spider-Man

And last and tied because both are bad examples of what happens when you throw in too much in the movie and turning them into an unfocused mess:

Spider-Man 3/The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Spider-Man 2: Solid, great fun. Alfred Molina was brilliant, and even though Tobey Maguire's Peter Parker was really grating on my nerves at this point, he didn't manage to ruin it.

Spider-Man: Great origins. Good storytelling. As with Molina's Dr. Octopus, Willem Dafoe's Green Goblin stole the show. Forget Spider-Man, the villains in Raimi's Spider-Man movies were the real stars. Part of the reason Spider-Man 3 sucked so bad is because the villains did.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker annoys the crap out of me almost as much as Maguire's did, and even though him and Stone have chemistry, the dialogue is godawful. Electro was pointless, and Jamie Foxx was wasted in the the role. Dane DeHaan's Green Goblin was marginally better, but came in too late. Father sub-plot resolution was stupid, but hey, at least we're finished with it. Rhino...why was he in this movie, again?

Spider-Man 3: Like Batman & Robin, so bad it's almost good at times.

The Amazing Spider-Man: Bored. Oh, so bored. Rehash everything from Raimi's Spider-Man and throw in pointless sub-plots that no-one really gave a **** about. Curt Connors is completely wasted as a villain. But hey, at least Garfield wasn't as annoying.
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

Spider-Man 3: Not a cluttered mess, definitely the most fun
    Spider-Man: The original, it's awesome
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2: It's fun, not amazing, but fun
    The Amazing Spider-Man: I cared for the origin retelling, and the parents subplot. That Lizard is the low point
    Spider-Man 2: I thought it was amazing the first time, still loads of fun, but not my favorite

Best: Spider-Man 2

Amazing Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Amazing Spider-Man 2

Worst: Spider-Man 3
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Spectacular Member

Amazing Spider-Man 2 - I just love the cast. I feel like for the most part it captured the characters' essence the best. What drags it down tho is the stuff with Richard Parker and the fact that he's the one that basically created Spider-Man. Other than that tho its my favourite Spidey movie
    Spider-Man 2 The story and Doc Oct were great here. But I really don't like Maguire as Peter. And Spidey never really felt like Spider-Man in this trilogy
    Amazing Spider-Man Again the acting and characterization was pretty much perfect. Lizard was a bit of a letdown though.
    Spider-ManIts better than the 3rd one
    Spider-Man 3Venom should've gotten more than 10 mins of screen time. Hated how they retconned Sandman into Ben's death.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    So I am gonna guess that any self-respecting Spidey fan (i.e: the vast majority of members here!) has seen the new movie by now. Howzabout we do a quick rank of where it falls compared to Sam Raimi's trilogy and the first TASM movie? For me, they rank like this:

1) Spider-Man 2---Molina's Doc Ock was killer and, while I was not a fan of either Toby Maguire or Kirsten Dunst, this film got the mix just right.

2) Spider-Man---The costume and mask for Green Goblin was unforgiveably goofy but the rest was solid.

3) Amazing Spider-Man 2---Take out the entire Electro character/plot and we might have had greatness.

4) Amazing Spider-Man--Marc Webb just doesn't know how to do a central villain; this Lizard was just bad. Garfield/Stone are magic, though.

5) Spider-Man 3---A near complete mess. Venom could've been ok, Sandman was pretty bad and it just all falls apart. Decent FX but that's about it.
    I pretty much agree with this order, but I have different reasons for liking each one though.

Spider-Man. I was like 8 when it came out, lovely film
    Spider-Man 2
    Amazing Spider-Man 2
    Amazing Spider-Man
    Spider-Man 3

Extraordinary Member

Spider-Man 2 - Probably one of, if not the best comicbook movie ever, flawless, great villain, true heart. A film I could watch over, and over again.
    Spider-Man - Again, this is amongst the best
    Spider-Man 3 - I don't really see the hate for this
    ASM2 - Simply because its 'bigger' than ASM. Still atrocious IMO.
    ASM - Diabolical.

Spider-Man 2 - Just did everything right
    Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Did almost everything right.
    Spider-Man 3 - Flawed brilliance
    Spider-Man - Again, flawed brilliance
    Amazing Spider-Man - When Hydra catches heroes, they torture them with this movie.

That last comment is hilarious
    The sequel is a MASSIVE improvement to you
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

I just never really liked Spider-man 1, to be honest. I definitely rank ASM 2 above that and below S2.

1. Spider-man 2
    2. Spider-man
    3. The Amazing Spider-Man
    4. Spider-man 3
    5. The Amazing Spider-Man 2

I need to give ASM 2 another watch once it's released on Blu ray to make my final judgement but for me, it was bad. My girlfriend fell asleep during it, she loved ASM 1. I was getting angry whilst watching it.

1. Amazing Spider-Man 2: Spidey does what he does best, he wisecracks, he kicks butt, he protects people. The movie has a nice balance of funny & tragic moments, and I like it that it's mainly a Peter Parker movie. I love the Peter-Gwen dynamic, too. Muuuuch better than movie Peter-MJ.
    2. Spider-Man 2: Good mixture of 1970s Spidey and modern movies. Being a contained story helps a lot, too. Some veeeeeeery cheesy Raimi moments aside, it's a solid Spidey movie.
    3. Amazing Spider-Man: Very good renewal of Spidey, I like it that it takes a lot of influence from the Ultimate comics (it's actually a very faithful adaptation of the first 4 or so issues). It does have a weak villain, though.
    4. Spider-Man: Revolutionised superhero movies and it made me a Spider-Man fan, way back when (I think I was 7 years old at the time). I love the score and Defoe as Norman Osborn.
    5. Spider-Man 3: So the above 4 movies are movies I love and like a lot, this one I guess is the only one I don't really like. Horrible retcons, horrible acting. Venom is born, developed, and killed in 30 minutes. Sandman accidentally killed Uncle Ben. MJ gets kidnapped again. After 2 movies, Peter still acts the same way as he was before being bitten by the spider until he gets the symbiote. The emo hair & dance club scenes don't belong in a Spider-Man movie. Etc etc.

Amazing Spider-Man
    Amazing Spider-Man 2
    Spider-Man 2
    Spider-Man
    Spider-Man 3

Not a fan of Toby's Spider-Man series if you couldn't tell. Sadly, there hasn't been a GREAT spider-man movie in my eyes.