Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

This was a fantastic issue and overall series, every issue was great. As an exit for Hickman however it left me wanting more, which I know is the point but it’s still disappointing knowing it won’t be Hickman writing the next chapter. I NEED an rematch with Mags and Nimrod. I need it!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    Moira was able to use the gate to leave Krakoa so I took that implication that she is still a mutant just de-powered. But since her power only activates on death it's questionable if she's even de-powered honestly.

Edit: NVM i went back and humans have used the gates before. But the nebulousness of whether her x-gene was completely removed is still valid.
    The X-gene isn't removed. Forge's weapon only blocks the ability to access it. And it can be reversed. And Moira probably knows everything about it... I mean, she and Beast were like the only two scientists who supported the X-Men at the time Forge used it on Storm, it wouldn't make sense to not make sure she knew how to reverse the effect of the anti-mutant gun, in case the X-Men need it be done...
    Last edited by Habis; 01-05-2022 at 03:31 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    This was a fantastic issue and overall series, every issue was great. As an exit for Hickman however it left me wanting more, which I know is the point but it’s still disappointing knowing it won’t be Hickman writing the next chapter. I NEED an rematch with Mags and Nimrod. I need it!
    I didnīt like this issue but I agree with you here, hopefully they fight again on the Judgment Day event
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Yes! Mags was givin it to him.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    The X-gene isn't removed. Forge's weapon only blocks the ability to access it. And it can be reversed. And Moira probably knows everything about it... I mean, she and Beast were like the only two scientists who supported the X-Men at the time, it wouldn't make sense to not make sure she knew how to reverse the effect of the anti-mutant gun, in case the X-Men need it be done...
    I imagine that will have to be a plot point to explore in the future. Even though it would be wrong I guess, I at least understand Mystique and Destiny wanting to kill Moira. Leaving her alive is just a ticking time bomb if she could get her powers back and wipe out the timeline.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Beyond disappointing.

This reminds me of the rushed Secret Warriors ending.

Where is the storytelling? If HOX/POX is the Act 1 what is Act 2 and 3? Was it INFERNO because it damn sure wasn't Sword of X or Hickman's X-Men run.

I think my expectations far exceeded Hickman's capabilities as a writer. I mean how can a writer salvage a debacle three years in the making?

At least we got a hackneyed ending for Moira X which was predicted when HOX/POX was published and Doug showing his new bad ass side, but other than that what did we get other than a tee off for other writer's works?

Writers should be allowed to have some kind of conclusion other than tease after tease, this is like the MCU and I'm not here for it.

It was a good experiment, but a failed one.

At least I still have Hickman's other Marvel works in his oeuvre.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I imagine that will have to be a plot point to explore in the future. Even though it would be wrong I guess, I at least understand Mystique and Destiny wanting to kill Moira. Leaving her alive is just a ticking time bomb if she could get her powers back and wipe out the timeline.
    She probably will get her powers back, but murder Moira still seems wrong. Specially by raven that betrayed X-men too many times

Astonishing Member

I am kinda curious about the fact that it seems Magneto leaving the QC seems totally and one hundred percent Gillen's own idea going into Immortal X-Men. Nothing about how Hickman left this issue suggests to me he viewed Magneto as about to step down because of these events, and Destiny of X's initial marketing went heavy on saying that the second age of Krakoa was about to begin 'now that all the missing seats of the Quiet Council are filled and mutantdom has their new leaders.'

All of which says to me the current QC lineup was expected to be the new status quo moving forward off of Hickman's final notes, and Magneto leaving at the start of Immortal X-Men was part of Gillen's own pitch. And Gillen actually really likes writing Magneto last I heard, so I'm very curious what Gillen has in mind for what about these events explicitly has Magneto throw in the towel with the QC, and just as importantly, who he intends to replace him with on the Council.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Alright, so the issue itself was kinda cool, but nowhere near good enough to salvage the event. Funniest thing is, Inferno wasn't even a stand-alone/completed narrative and yet still ranks as the second "best" event/mini of the past 2 years, lol. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    My guess is, she recovers her powers, she is killed, but it is revealed that her powers don't reset the timeline, they just send her to an alternative timeline.

An interesting plot would be, the machines attack the X-Men, conquer Arakko, and they have Krakoa under siege, and the Quiet Council decides to use Moira: They will return her powers, and bury a subconscious command in her mind to force her to contact Xavier as soon as she meets him and have him read her memories; and they kill her... but nothing happens, and Beast says that Moira's powers probably don't reset the universe, they just send her to another universe... So the Quiet Council and the X-Men have to keep fighting a hopeless war against the machines without an emergency reset button...

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I am kinda curious about the fact that it seems Magneto leaving the QC seems totally and one hundred percent Gillen's own idea going into Immortal X-Men. Nothing about how Hickman left this issue suggests to me he viewed Magneto as about to step down because of these events, and Destiny of X's initial marketing went heavy on saying that the second age of Krakoa was about to begin 'now that all the missing seats of the Quiet Council are filled and mutantdom has their new leaders.'

All of which says to me the current QC lineup was expected to be the new status quo moving forward off of Hickman's final notes, and Magneto leaving at the start of Immortal X-Men was part of Gillen's own pitch. And Gillen actually really likes writing Magneto last I heard, so I'm very curious what Gillen has in mind for what about these events explicitly has Magneto throw in the towel with the QC, and just as importantly, who he intends to replace him with on the Council.
    Magneto had been talking about leaving at the beggining of Inferno and during Charles and Magneto debate before they went to fight Nimrod suggested that Erik thinks they are not doing enough so if this wasnīt Hickmanīs idea, he did leave some clues to the reason Magneto is leaving. Also I think he may still be on inmortal X-men, just no longer as part of the QC. I enjoyed Gillenīs Magneto a lot on his Uncanny X-me, so I am curious to see the reasons Magneto will have for leaving but if heīs definitely leaving I hope he ends on Ewingīs Inmortal X-men.

I think right now Destiny and Xavier will remain as the main leaders of Krakoa, at least thatīs what the covers have been suggesting but I have no idea who else will be chosen to join them.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Incredible Member

Strong showing for Doug in this issue.

My concern is that he has made an enemy out of Mystique.

Mystique's shapeshifting ability is so overpowered (more than telepathy).

She'll probably shapeshift into Bei, trick Doug into sleeping with her, and cause the real Bei to divorce Doug. That'll be the her true victory.

Incredible Member

BTW, with Moira now out, is the resurrection rule against precogs also gone? If so, then Blindfold can come back now.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Magneto had been talking about leaving at the beggining of Inferno and during Charles and Magneto debate before they went to fight Nimrod suggested that Erik thinks they are not doing enough so if this wasnīt Hickmanīs idea, he did leave some clues to the reason Magneto is leaving. Also I think he may still be on inmortal X-men, just no longer as part of the QC. I enjoyed Gillenīs Magneto a lot on his Uncanny X-me, so I am curious to see the reasons Magneto will have for leaving but if heīs definitely leaving I hope he ends on Ewingīs Inmortal X-men.
    The end of Inferno showed an Immortal XMEN image of an angry Magneto using his powers to crush his helmet. I took that as he quits in the first issue...

Yeah on re-read the mind does pick up more things that don't make sense. Like the nullifer gun was in the desk at the krakoan council, magneto never noticed there was a gun in the table, no one with energy vision? lol

or how does mystique turning into sage allow her to interact with sage systems as though she had sage powers.
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-05-2022 at 04:59 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/