Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wallcloud View Post
    Moira's unwillingness to learn from her mistakes will probably cost mutantkind more than, well, a lot of things. Because she doesn't learn, she bandages over past errors in hopes that they'll heal in time.

Now she's single-handedly fucked over not only mutantkind but also humankind, as the machines are more than likely going to usurp them.
    except she is learning from her mistakes, that's the entire point of this run?

every time she dies/fails she tries a different way, she's literally using the scientific method to find a way

it's not her fault she might've been right right from the beginning and destiny decided to roast her alive

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I’m probably way out of my lane, but considering how this era is rather straining the metaphor as it is; the main villain being an Indian woman vs the 3/4 white Quiet Council is a bit… off
    Last I checked, both women and Indians could be villain, because they're people, and a lot of people are assholes.

Also, Karima is not really a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow cyclone View Post
    except she is learning from her mistakes, that's the entire point of this run?

every time she dies/fails she tries a different way, she's literally using the scientific method to find a way

it's not her fault she might've been right right from the beginning and destiny decided to roast her alive
    She wasn't right because she is trying to make a choice for others. She is human now, krakoa exists, no one in humanity knows moira is a mutant, she could simply go live her life and say she was in hiding but will she?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    New mutants is a book full of awesome character moments.
    Yeah. Looking back at Hickman's work has given me more appreciation for Ayala's. No team book has made the characters seem more like family than New Mutants. The history and love those characters have for each other really shines through.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I truly HATED that this was called Inferno (as well as Trial of Magneto) when there was no fire (or trial) or relation to Inferno what so ever. These events have the STINK of Marvel editorial. I also felt the first issues wasted pages on rehashing the Destiny/Moira scene from HoX.

That said this is still a solid issue in one of the better X-Stories in the past decade.

I love that Emma shared her knowledge. She's continues to be an icon and AWAY from Cyclops.
    emma is an awful person and this only underscores it

i still can't believe people are giving her a pass

she basically told mystique/destiny the where, how, when, what and why to kill moria

she literally gives them the gun instead of pulling the trigger herself because she just wants to keep her hands clean in her own hypocritical mind. that is just as bad as mystique/destiny, arguably worse, because at least they had the will to go through with their plan

she was condemning moira to death. doug is right, she'd be breaking the #1 law

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Yeah. Looking back at Hickman's work has given me more appreciation for Ayala's. No team book has made the characters seem more like family than New Mutants. The history and love those characters have for each other really shines through.
    Even in their Cota book that team felt like a family, and Cota also had the infamous pool scene where Jean/Storm were obviously flirting hard. lmao.

edit: speaking of, i hope carmen shows up in New Mutants.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Not my favorite Hickman issue. I'm always looking to being awed when reading one of his comics. Sometimes by the elegance of it and other times just because it's not what I would have done and therefore, hopefully, more suprising and impressive. Didn't find much of that in this issue.

The whole Cypher reveal with Bel and Krakoa was underwhelming. That whole showdown was lacking. I feel that to make sense of much of what is happening with Moira you have to accept that much of her earlier interactions don't matter. So her relationships to the New Mutants cast are just best left forgotten. Witch in a way is fine. Not my cup of tea but fine. It makes it easier if you see Moria is a new character but that also makes her less interesting. It feels like Hickman removed her from the small interactions and postioned her on the big stage. As she is now the most interest is in how she will effect the larger conflict. Beyond that she is rather isolated and in the end more two dimensional because of it. I'm having a hard time caring for her as a character and viewing her more as a plot device.

The Magneto and Charles fight was fine as it is. The standard dumbing down to start the conflict. Keep it going and then to reach that particular end. Overall I'm just tired of seeing them fight without ever really accomplishing anything. It's hard to see them as these two big powers when they mostly strut around talk big and then just see things fall over. Again and again. I have so many other characters I want to see do something but Hickman in many ways doubled down on what X-men characters that matter and it's alienating me who see the X-men as something larger then just some characters.

I'm still wondering how Rogue would have been if she was included as she was in one draft. Perhaps I would have been bored with how Hickman wrote her. Perhaps not. In the end it would have been great to see how she matters. Now she has just been close to absent for this whole era.

If this was just a facet of the era. If these things where balanced by other writers and editorial who enrichened the story and gave us something else then I would be so much more happy and open to minis like this. But as it is now if this is what drives the whole line and shapes what we get then I have to be tougher. It now has to some extent be stronger to make up for the rest of the offerings. So in the end Hickman did much more positive then negative. He just didn't do what I hoped. He created Krakoa and somehow this sprawling new premise just felt smaller and smaller the longer it went on.

she basically told mystique/destiny the where, how, when, what and why to kill moria

she literally gives them the gun instead of pulling the trigger herself because she just wants to keep her hands clean in her own hypocritical mind. that is just as bad as mystique/destiny, arguably worse, because at least they had the will to go through with their plan

With what Moira has planned she needs to die.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

but the story, per hickman that was told is that they told her where to find the woman hiding in the heart of krakoa who herself admitted her sole goal is to erase mutantdom to a point they don't even know what they are missing. it's like she probably got off and was inspired by house of M. i know moira out there somewhere telling human children all about the evil redeemer.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    She wasn't right because she is trying to make a choice for others. She is human now, krakoa exists, no one in humanity knows moira is a mutant, she could simply go live her life and say she was in hiding but will she?
    as long as mutants/humans are busy fighting, the machines will win

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I CAN'T WAIT! to read Emma, Raven and Destiny in Immortal X-Men. They were pure FIYAH in this issue until Doug showed up and showed OUT!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    With what Moira has planned she needs to die.
    Eh, between Mothervine, Apocalypse, Vulcan, the crap Bishop did, Xorn shoving humans into ovens, and so on and so forth as long as she argues that all planning and actions occurred before Krakoa’s founding and she actually hadn’t done anything involving it, the Krakoan legal system has got her covered.

Extraordinary Member

So the solution is to realize the greater threat and unite against it a la Watchmen.

It's is Emma Modus Operandi: find someone to do your dirty work.

Hard to believe Emma gonna just betray Krakoa over nothing

Astonishing Member

Tbf, I think it’s implied pretty well that the machines are only like this because of the mutants/humans. I like the idea more than the execution which was unfortunately rushed and not well fleshed out, but I’m not shocked it’s what Hickman was leading to. Others might disagree with the concept entirely but I thought it was a decent idea to explore that was at least partially set up by books like Hellions