Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

This wasn't exactly the BANG I was hoping for. Definitely a pop, but still anticlimactic. If you would have told me this was what the end of Hickman's run would look like after reading HoX/PoX, I would have been a lot more disappointed but the last couple of years and events have taught me to temper my expectations.

I did like Doug's scenes in the end and I'm glad that this at least resulted in Destiny and Mystique being reunited. And it was nice to see Mags and Xavier taken down a few pegs.
    Make Good Art

Astonishing Member

While I hope other writers do pick up on those interpersonal relations…too many characters, not enough books, on top of editorial wanting the next clone saga.

That was it?

Emma, Bei and Doug showed out here with Magneto being a highlight for me

Moire is a kii but atleast now people can stop trying to theorize that mutantkind will launch a war on humanity.

Also that bald woman and her evolved alexa make great new opponents.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Doug stopped Destiny and Mystique from going into the pit because they would have killed a human. Moira can now go be a miserable human and is exiled from Krakoa. She will probably wind up joining Orchis now that she has a TO arm.
    But I wonder if that’s Doug’s plan. Warlock could surely use the arm as a spy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    She lost control in this life, as seen with the nanomachines and Xavier disregarding her views. She had different plans, but she overextended and got outplayed. Either that, or the only reason why mutants lost in those 9 lives is because Moira sucks at her job.
    Holdup... why Moira sound like a Hickman stand-in?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    But I wonder if that’s Doug’s plan. Warlock could surely use the arm as a spy.
    If frigging Omega Sentinel and Nimrod can’t detect a techno-organic spying device, ORCHIS is even more of a joke than before.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Technically all these characters got new roles/ promotions in Inferno and based on what was going on in their own titles we were given reason not to trust Colossus and Kwannon. What I truly don't understand is what Bishop did to get himself put in that category.
    Bishop is now the Lead Commander Captain.
    Cyclops stepped down from Lead Commander Captain to just a Captain like Magik.

i love magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Bishop is now the Lead Commander Captain.
    Cyclops stepped down from Lead Commander Captain to just a Captain like Magik.
    Yeah I mentioned that they all got promotions/ new roles. What I don't understand is how he got put in the category of "can't be trusted".

Spectacular Member

emma deserves to go into the pit
    mystique deserves to go into the pit
    destiny should to be launched into the sun and never resurrected again

anybody defending them at this point is beyond naive

it's obvious that hickman had to drop/compress plots because editorial/the other writers wanted to explore the concept of what krakoa means in the universe and marvel seemed to agree with the new status quo instead of telling a story in 3 acts. very frustrating we're not going to get the original design

Mighty Member

^ Guessing it's a dropped storyline? Maybe for the better? They might've had him be mind-controlled and fridging a random female character like Colossus did.

very frustrating we're not going to get the original design
    On the other side, if we had, the Krakoa era would end, and we'd be back to mutants being hunted and hated while having barely any power...

I agree the Krakoa era should be extended, I just wish they'd done more to keep Hickman.

Amazing Member

We all knew the ending of Inferno had to punt and set up the relaunch. In that sense, I think it did it's job while adding a great reveal (Omega Sentinel's "mutants always win") that goes in stark contrast to what Moira believes after all the **** she's lived through.

But yeah, as far as culmination of a run, this certainly wasn't it. But again, we already knew it wasn't going to be because even though Hickman is leaving, his ideas remain.

BANNED

Huge dud. Maybe would have been cool as part of Hickman's story, but his final issue of X-Men???

It was a snooze. They boiled the mutant/machine conflict to an ugly fight that has like no consequences. It feels like we are mired in the status quo stagnation that led to me dropping every X-Books.

When Hickman started a buddy and I would meet up, read the new issues and hang out. We haven't done that since before Hellfire Gala. This entire run is just squandered potential and snuffed out creativity.

I'm not sticking around.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    ^ Guessing it's a dropped storyline? Maybe for the better? They might've had him be mind-controlled and fridging a random female character like Colossus did.

On the other side, if we had, the Krakoa era would end, and we'd be back to mutants being hunted and hated while having barely any power...

I agree the Krakoa era should be extended, I just wish they'd done more to keep Hickman.
    I 1000% agree with this part. So i'm of the happy it ended early camp and now knowing what i know my faves Jean and Storm would have endured horror during this run if not for other writers. lol.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/