Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I have a LOT of problems with this issue.

1. Moira's motivation and actions make no sense at all. She wants to cure mutants by developing a framework that galvanizes mutants which then allows them to become into an intergalactic force more powerful than ever? She might have well not approached Professor X at all and allowed history to take its course.
    2. I'm not sure how anyone can even trust Mystique or Destiny at this point. These are people that have gone into business for themselves a number of times.
    3. Why would Moira want to even want to cure mutants knowing that in timeline X they win? Or does that mean that the mutants that win are ex-mutants that became human and won in that form? Hickman wrote himself into a corner here (it's not the first time he's done this, something similar happened in "Time Runs Out" when he was writing New Avengers).
    4. It seems Hickman threw in the mutant cure twist to justify Destiny and Mystique murdering Moira. This doesn't work for me at all because Moira has been an ally for a very long time and this has basically jettisoned decades of characterization for an unnecessary twist.

All in all, this was very disappointing.
    I think Machines win everytime. If there is only one humanity(without mutants), it will be harder to robots win the war.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Also, on the entire using Machines to unite Mutants and Humans, I wanna say this, I do not want to see a plot of “Hey you two groups who hate each other because you are the Other, here’s this third group of Others for you both to hate so that you can finally now have peaceful coexistence” That plot has been and will always remain one of the dumbest ways to resolve a discrimination plot because often times you end up just shifting who is getting discriminated
    The whole idea breaks down when you introduce danger a mutant A.I that was one of the MVPS when it came to Utopia. Then that is not even to touch on if Nimrod really wanted to win all they had to do was corrupt danger, that again was left out on the cold despite the fact that Danger has the xavier protocols which would have made life so much easier for orichis but then again the story has been pretty easy for them as they mainly win and easily. Perhaps gillien will bring danger back in and between doug, warlock, danger and the mutants there can be a better way because you can't set up robots as the villians in a world with Viv vision and Vision and one of them was just on krakoa.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

They’re all going to get the Phoenix Force too at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    If "To you" is Marvel editors and executives, you are right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The whole idea breaks down when you introduce danger a mutant A.I that was one of the MVPS when it came to Utopia. Then that is not even to touch on if Nimrod really wanted to win all they had to do was corrupt danger, that again was left out on the cold despite the fact that Danger has the xavier protocols which would have made life so much easier for orichis but then again the story has been pretty easy for them as they mainly win and easily. Perhaps gillien will bring danger back in and between doug, warlock, danger and the mutants there can be a better way because you can't set up robots as the villians in a world with Viv vision and Vision and one of them was just on krakoa.
    To be clear, I was commenting on people’s predictions in this thread, not what I think the line itself is going to do.

That "to be continued, forever." was laugh out loud petty though. lmao.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

They’re all going to get the Phoenix Force too at this rate.
    *shudders*

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I have a LOT of problems with this issue.

1. Moira's motivation and actions make no sense at all. She wants to cure mutants by developing a framework that galvanizes mutants which then allows them to become into an intergalactic force more powerful than ever? She might have well not approached Professor X at all and allowed history to take its course.
    2. I'm not sure how anyone can even trust Mystique or Destiny at this point. These are people that have gone into business for themselves a number of times.
    3. Why would Moira want to even want to cure mutants knowing that in timeline X they win? Or does that mean that the mutants that win are ex-mutants that became human and won in that form? Hickman wrote himself into a corner here (it's not the first time he's done this, something similar happened in "Time Runs Out" when he was writing New Avengers).
    4. It seems Hickman threw in the mutant cure twist to justify Destiny and Mystique murdering Moira. This doesn't work for me at all because Moira has been an ally for a very long time and this has basically jettisoned decades of characterization for an unnecessary twist.

All in all, this was very disappointing.
    moira doesn't know if her cure idea works or not. because mystique/destiny interrupted it. this whole krakoan experiment from her is essentially one out of fear of reprisal from them. it's an idea she hasn't tested out yet and she's still a scientist

nothing of moria has been jettisoned imo. destiny/mystique only care about their own self-interests. she could have or not have a cure and they'd still do it because of the nature of her powers runs against destiny's. a life reset is >>>> what a precog brings to any table

Spectacular Member

Loved this issue especially the action! Charles Psi-blasting Nimrod’s head apart and Magneto swinging his omega lvl title around was great!!! Emma, the bisexuals, and Surprisingly Doug were also done really well here. with hickman’s tenure ending, it definitely sucks that the FF and avengers got full runs of him writing whereas the mutants only get essentially half a story to restructure the status quo. Hopefully the next era continues Hickman style of writing, especially with Immortal X-men as it seems to primarily be a politics book.

Also for Xavier blasting open Nimrod, I personally believe it’s yet another example of a purely telepathic character using psionic energy to affect things on the physical plan (Xavier and Emma have done this quite often). Granted it could also be a new mutation altogether but unless it’s confirmed, imma go w the previous explanation.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That "to be continued, forever." was laugh out loud petty though. lmao.
    Oh yeah, Hickman isn’t as subtle as Morrison when it comes to that lol.

I can see it now…in the far off year of 2055, a new thread is started on the X-books forum of CBR….

“Are they still on the fucking island? When are X-writers going to actually be willing to move away from the status quo and move past the golden years of the Hickman era? Why is Sinister still on the Quiet Council? He’s tried to take over Krakoa fourteen times now! How is Orchis still a thing even now?! And why has this temporary Krakoan government lasted over three decades?”

I can see it now…in the far off year of 2055, a new thread is started on the X-books forum of CBR….

“Are they still on the fucking island? When are X-writers going to actually be willing to move away from the status quo and move past the golden years of the Hickman era? Why is Sinister still on the Quiet Council? He’s tried to take over Krakoa fourteen times now! How is Orchis still a thing even now?! And why has this temporary Krakoan government lasted over three decades?”
    I'll be 75 still wearing my "Krakoa was right" t-shirt.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Why do you care so much about Xavier vs Nimrod when we know:
    1) Nimrod has a human-based mind
    2) The drawing clearly shows that he has some kind of synthetic substitute for a brain in his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Hopefully, she doesn't give Orchis access to Warlock...
    O.N.E sentinals back?

lol. The best part it works both ways because i would feel the same way if this all ended with yet another mutant civilization falling and it would have taken any sort of individuality out of his idea and just made it another generic fall of the mutant stories. Sometimes things that look like they are working against you work for you. he really going to appreciate them disney residuals in a few years. LMAO. or at least the notoriety he will get for something he wanted to end.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Why do you care so much about Xavier vs Nimrod when we know:
    1) Nimrod has a human-based mind
    2) The drawing clearly shows that he has some kind of synthetic substitute for a brain in his head.
    Because Jean fans want a good Jean bad enough they’ll be willing to pretend Charles is her if they give him the right power set? /s