Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    In a weird way Destiny being brought to the QC for resolving Inferno is going to become a running gag in due time, coz I doubt enemies planting hits on Krakoa or ,Krakoa making missteps will stop, I don't want to sanitise mutants to the point of being invulnerable but by the same token with all the crazy stuff coming down I expect muted silence with Destiny suddenly having blurry vision lol.At some point either Sinister for the lolz or maybe Shaw will question her if she knows her stuff.The moment Exodus starts asking questions you know as a clairvoyant you are on borrowed time
    I think that Destiny and others from her kind never predict 100%. Blindfold couldn't see Krakoa and killed herself in despair in a period of big mutant hate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gerlof101 View Post
    Seeing as what happened in the end of this issue ; a question just occured to me : When professor X dies and is returned by the five (and the Withe Queen) does he return in a version of his own, original body or in a version of the Fantomex body ?
    Probably his choice, because I think both bodies are available, don't know if Fantomex body is just physically peak condition or enhanced, if it's enhanced maybe it is the template to be a vessel for Proteus ,to not be wasted/burnt out as fast as a regular Xavier template..So I lean towards the Fantomex one.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Destiny should be able to predict the plague depowering Krakoan mutants long ago, long before her death. And she should warn everybody.
    They aren't the best for the reason that writers have to keep surprisig charcters or there isn't stories to tell

Quote Originally Posted by gerlof101 View Post
    Seeing as what happened in the end of this issue ; a question just occured to me : When professor X dies and is returned by the five (and the Withe Queen) does he return in a version of his own, original body or in a version of the Fantomex body ?
    His body. It was revealead by the editor.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    I think that Destiny and others from her kind never predict 100%. Blindfold couldn't see Krakoa and killed herself in despair in a period of big mutant hate
    Still embarrassing ,that when you are consulted you throw up heads or tails.I mean as a fan I'm ok, putting myself in council member shoes , it's annoying. Some may be like whatever, but a guy like Exodus giving you a look of contempt ..wouldn't want to be at the end of that
    Last edited by Rev9; 01-11-2022 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Probably his choice, because I think both bodies are available, don't know if Fantomex body is just physically peak condition or enhanced, if it's enhanced maybe it is the template to be a vessel for Proteus ,to not be wasted/burnt out as fast as a regular Xavier template..So I lean towards the Fantomex one.
    Shouldn’t Fantomex be on the resurrection list now with Wanda’s magic?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    He's not dead tho. He's chilling in the World.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Living characters dont need to be resurrected

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    He's not dead tho. He's chilling in the World.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Living characters dont need to be resurrected
    Sorry, thought Fantomex was dead.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Destiny obviously foresaw the outcomes and was advising Mystique. Emma Frost weakened Xavier and Magneto’s control of Krakoa and destroyed any chance Moira could come back. Of course she did this, and notice how none of the council members objected because all felt Xavier and Magneto went too far.
    How well does Destiny see machines or part machines? Seems strange that she couldn't see Doug or could not even sense that the timeline has changed around Moira because of OS..When Moira said machines always win, Destiny had no retort whatsoever.Seems to me like Destiny's prognostications are darn unreliable.

All-New Member

His body. It was revealead by the editor.
    I knew Fantomex was back (and in the World with Ned and his clone twin), but I assumed it was a backup clone body (wouldn't put it past him). I was just wondering because Fantomex's body was a mutant cyborg and those, like Warlock+Cypher=DougLock, might be a possible future bridge between the AI's and mutantkind. Somehow, I think, that might be important for the future. After all Moira's secret was that in all her lives (and the future she lived through) mutants allways lose. However, the Omega Sentinel also has a time-displaced consiousnes that comes from a future where the AI's allways lose. So somehow both parties believe that they allways lose to each other. So if at one point they might communicate with each other (through hybrid mutant/AI's) they might realize they need not be each other's worst enemy. Wich would also be a possible reason why Cypher/Warlock is one of the important axis that Destiny sees in the future.

Given all the tidbits of information that the various seers spouted about their precognition powers, I always assumed that they do not see ONE future but rather the probability of one of the many future to happen at any given time. And the further in the future they "see" the harder is to get any strong probability beyond 50%. Add to this that despite being precognitive they still have one individual mind that cannot process more than few timeline every moment. So yeah short prediction, almost always correct, long term? Ehhh is like schoredinger cat, till you see it is both true and False at same time

I adopted a wait and see mindset for things didn't make sense. After Inferno's conclusion and heel turn I'm inclined to give this era a thumbs down. A lot just doesn't add up.

It was never clear: if Moira dies (as a mutant) does all of reality reset with her and begin anew with her resurrection?

I never understood why Moira had to remain in hiding. What secret were Xavier and Magneto protecting by hiding Moira away? That Moira is long lived and knows mutants are fated to fail in the long run? Plenty of people continue on in the face of certain death.

Why did Moira insist that Destiny stay dead and erase her DNA to prevent her resurrection? If Moira is trying to ensure mutants succeed, how does Destiny coming back to life prevent mutants from prospering in the long run?

Why would Moira chastise Xavier and Magneto for failing to stop Orchis if Moira was secretly (still) anti-mutant?

If Moira is anti-mutant why wouldn't she work to undermine the resurrection protocols?

There were some fun moments and great artwork, like HOX/POX. But much of what came after seems a mixed bag of what the what.

All-New Member

I thought it was a rather interesting series, some interesting revelations, as well as some interesting seeds planted for future events, and arcs.
    As for the revelations, some make sense, some don't. Doug actually having much more influence, and clout actually does make sense, given that he had been there longer than anyone else. The QC being what it is, and who makes it up, makes sense too, as the saying goes: "Keep your friends close, and your enemies, even closer." Also, where are they getting all of the extra Adamantium for all of Logan's clones? There is also the question of, if Moria set Xavier onto this new Krakoan Age, with all of the previous timelines' knowledge, why would they allow things like, the Genosha Massacre, M-Day, and the Phoenix Five debacle happen? That just doesn't make any sense.
    As for Moria's "cure", look at it from another perspective, not all mutant powers are beneficial, or something to be proud of. Examples would be Rogue, ForgetMeNot, Baiely Hoskins, Marrow, etc..., and that is not counting those who horribly abuse their powers for that matter. When Moria first created said cure, she planned to give to only those who wanted it. Imagine having to relive your life over, and over again, watching all your friends, and loved ones die horribly, no matter your best efforts to save them. Is Moria supposed to be happy with this fate?
    Now it is theory time.
    1. Moria's mutant power doesn't reset the timeline, I think she jumps to another version of herself, in the vast Marvel Multiverse when her body dies. One mutant literally destroying an entire Marvel Universe every time they die, like when her plane crashed? Or does she just cycle to a new random one, and overwrite her newborn self? I think everyone else, Emma in particular, is misinterpreting her power.
    2. Omega Sentinel is the Trickster Titan. They claim the Mutants always win in the future, now look at one of Moria's previous lives. As the Phalanx were taking the Earth, Post Humans, were keeping Mutants locked in a type of preserve. Why? What if the Phalanx betray them, and decide to wipe them out, the mutants who have beat them before might turn the tide again. Could this be what Omega Sentinel/Trickster Titan faced and fled from?
    3. Why does Moria want to keep Destiny out of the picture? In all of Moria's previous lives, why have we never seen Mystique, or Destiny, ever helping out in the war for survival? Could it be that they keep backstabbing, and betraying everyone else for their own greed?

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentor007 View Post
    I thought it was a rather interesting series, some interesting revelations, as well as some interesting seeds planted for future events, and arcs.
    As for the revelations, some make sense, some don't. Doug actually having much more influence, and clout actually does make sense, given that he had been there longer than anyone else. The QC being what it is, and who makes it up, makes sense too, as the saying goes: "Keep your friends close, and your enemies, even closer." Also, where are they getting all of the extra Adamantium for all of Logan's clones? There is also the question of, if Moria set Xavier onto this new Krakoan Age, with all of the previous timelines' knowledge, why would they allow things like, the Genosha Massacre, M-Day, and the Phoenix Five debacle happen? That just doesn't make any sense.
    As for Moria's "cure", look at it from another perspective, not all mutant powers are beneficial, or something to be proud of. Examples would be Rogue, ForgetMeNot, Baiely Hoskins, Marrow, etc..., and that is not counting those who horribly abuse their powers for that matter. When Moria first created said cure, she planned to give to only those who wanted it. Imagine having to relive your life over, and over again, watching all your friends, and loved ones die horribly, no matter your best efforts to save them. Is Moria supposed to be happy with this fate?
    Now it is theory time.
    1. Moria's mutant power doesn't reset the timeline, I think she jumps to another version of herself, in the vast Marvel Multiverse when her body dies. One mutant literally destroying an entire Marvel Universe every time they die, like when her plane crashed? Or does she just cycle to a new random one, and overwrite her newborn self? I think everyone else, Emma in particular, is misinterpreting her power.
    2. Omega Sentinel is the Trickster Titan. They claim the Mutants always win in the future, now look at one of Moria's previous lives. As the Phalanx were taking the Earth, Post Humans, were keeping Mutants locked in a type of preserve. Why? What if the Phalanx betray them, and decide to wipe them out, the mutants who have beat them before might turn the tide again. Could this be what Omega Sentinel/Trickster Titan faced and fled from?
    3. Why does Moria want to keep Destiny out of the picture? In all of Moria's previous lives, why have we never seen Mystique, or Destiny, ever helping out in the war for survival? Could it be that they keep backstabbing, and betraying everyone else for their own greed?
    i don't know if it's actual canon or twitter canon brought over but i've seen it mentioned a few times that it was mentioned Proteus makes the adamntium for wolverine though imo it would make more sense for the "Face" of the franchise to be laced in Mysterium, a mutant metal that so far seems better than Adamantium than continuously choosing to be rebounded with what he considers one of his worse moments.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

This was an amazing event, especially everything surrounding Mystique, Destiny, Doug and Emma. I just wish Hickman had gotten more time to set up with the twists with Moira and Omega Sentinel to make them more impactful.