Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536 LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    i don't know if it's actual canon or twitter canon brought over but i've seen it mentioned a few times that it was mentioned Proteus makes the adamntium for wolverine though imo it would make more sense for the "Face" of the franchise to be laced in Mysterium, a mutant metal that so far seems better than Adamantium than continuously choosing to be rebounded with what he considers one of his worse moments.
    Yeah Mysterium is canon, actually, I'm thinking more along the lines of Jimmy Hudson's organic metal, he is Logan's son, so DNA splicing could be possible. Also isn't Mysterium made in the White Hot Room, and didn't that get made long after the 1st Orchis assault mission to destroy Mother Mold, like just before the Hellfire Gala?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Life 10 is her last confirmed life (with an 11th one only promised if she did everything in a particular way) so she made contingency plans if uniting Charles, Erik and En Sabah Nur failed to stop the creation of Nimrod. The cure was her Plan B. We don't know when she started on it in Life 10, so it very well may have been before she met Charles. We also see her holding a journal with the page turned to info about the cure and her fellow scientists who helped co-create it in a previous issue, so it's possible Magneto tracking her wouldn't guarantee that he would figure out what she was up to.
    Magneto may not have eyes on her ,but Xavier would.It is possible that she made the cure before but why even bother with Krakoa then? It doesn't seem logical especially now with Sinister's stash of mutant DNA enabling mutants to keep pumping out mutant clones despite the cure circulating worldwide.I don't want to categorically discount the possibility ,but it strikes me as an obvious afterthought by Hickman, to give justification to Mystique and Irene.It makes little sense for Destiny to set Krakoa as a target to reach knowing Moira would still 'neuter' mutants, granted she saw that the island must be incinerated if she didn't return,but now that she is back she is suspiciously quiet ,made weirder still by the fact OS says life 10 is continuous victory for mutants. Looking back now if Irene knew everything and kept secrets then she played Moira stringing her along until Krakoa was a reality.Such a reveal would be much better in hindsight ,making Irene and Mystique devious as hell.

All-New Member

Why can't it be both? Just because her actions are driven by ego and emotion doesn't negate them from being altruistic and considerate of the future of "her children" and mutantkind. She has invested a lot of her time, energy and resources into Charles and Erik's cause because she believed and trusted them. To find out they've been withholding such an integral part of the equation from her for so long is certain to make her feel used and manipulated.

Of course, there's also the fact that she managed to discover Moira's intentions and what she was planning for the mutants. Which was why it became imperative for Emma to align with Mystique and Destiny to prevent mutant erasure.
    Her wanting absolute power, and control over everybody else, and a willingness to abuse everyone else, is NOT altruistic, not by any stretch. Look at her entire history, this is how she rolls.
    No, they appealed to her ego, and greed, by offering her a high ranking place in a new government, on a level FAR superior to what she ever held in the past. They needed her expertise in handling such resources, and politics, she knew this too, trust had nothing to do with it.
    Feeling used, and manipulated? Yeah I suppose her ego would have taken a nasty hit with that, after all, its not like she ever did that to anyone else before, right? (Sarcasm mode)
    Moria's intentions? If she were planning to "cure" all mutants, she had plenty of time and opportunities to do so long before current events, or even in the other lives after Destiny was dead. No, this became her powerplay to remove Charles, and Eric, she was of the belief that her power, and influence made her a close second, and with time, and patience, she would be on top, then she learned, she isn't even a distant third in the true hierarchy of Krakoa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Quoted for truth! Emma is a narcissist pure and simple
    Thank you Rev9, I should have probably used that term, but thinking about it now, I think Emma blows past even that now.
    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Except Magneto and Xavier weakened everyone by not letting them know what they are facing. These two do not own mutant kind, and have no authority to make decisions for everyone else. Emma told Destiny and Mystique because quite frankly Moira had to be stopped.

Plus this is the 21st century. You just can’t have two men making all the decisions. Not inclusivity and diversity become such big political issues. This is really due to changing demographics.
    Weakened everyone by not letting them know what they are facing? Pretty sure they all knew about the threat of Orchis, Nimrod, and Mother Mold. As well as the possible genocidal war they are determined to start, and the numerous dark futures that most if not all of the QC have been given glimpses into (Days of Future Past). Pretty sure Charles, and Eric weren't making all the decisions by themselves for everybody else, if that were the case, why would they have the rest of the Council then? Obviously they can't handle everything on their own. Although to be fair, as leaders in their new government, that is technically speaking, their job. Also at least half of the Council is chaired by people who can't be trusted, and do abuse their power(s).
    They kept a particular part secret, just like the rest of the Council does, Emma is just determined to keep all their secrets exposed, so she can eventually use them to take over for herself. She has a history of aiming for the top, and having supreme power, and control, using any means she can, and with none of the consequences for her actions. The Phoenix Five debacle proves this, but you can see more if you look over her history.
    Ah, so letting people like Sinister, and Shaw get their hands on Moria would have just been fine? Didn't Sinister screw over the Council, Krakoa, and the rest of Mutantkind, in one of Moria's previous lives? What would he have done with this?
    Stop Moria from what? Curing mutants? Did she create the cure? I already discussed her possible motivations for it, and her chances to make it. Some people would benefit from giving up their powers (Baiely Hoskins, Marrow), and others who are such horrible people, should have them taken away (Mystique, Shaw). So far, all we have seen in her past lives, is one attempt, and most of the rest of her lives has been trying to save mutantkind. Why does that make her the ultimate bad guy?
    As for the whole deal with the Orchis base, we don't even know if Emma was in on that. All she did was tell Mystique and Destiny about Moira and gave them the nullifier gun to eliminate her as a threat.
    We call that Plausible deniability.

Oh, and on the topic of a cure, does the rest of the Council know about the Forge's nullifier gun in Emma/Mystique/Destiny's possession? What about the "cure" crafted by that Breakworld alien Ord, from the Legacy Virus cure inside Colossus' dead body? What about the nanomachines that Orchis used to suppress Cyclop's powers, before they killed him in the Mother Mold mission? What about Nimrod, and Omega Sentinel's power disruptors? And then there is always Wanda Maximoff. Moria's cure really doesn't seem to rank all that high now does it?
    A better way to describe Emma's view on Moria is this: "Men and Women of power, hate that which has more power than them, and fear that which can take their power away." Emma, Mystique, and Destiny, all admitted that Moria has to die for them to keep what they have "earned", they don't care that this was all her idea, or about the horrible future that is coming, they just want to feed their greed in the here, and now.
    Emma is not a heroine in this scenario. "For her children, and mutantkind?" Nice excuses, but in an alternate timeline, she killed her own daughters just so she could take the Phoenix Force for herself, and she abused it. As one of the Phoenix Five, she horribly abused her power, and her fellow mutants, and did not try to restore Mutantkind. Cyclops had to take her power, and restore Mutantkind, afterwards, she had the gall to be hurt by his "betrayal".

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    i don't know if it's actual canon or twitter canon brought over but i've seen it mentioned a few times that it was mentioned Proteus makes the adamntium for wolverine though imo it would make more sense for the "Face" of the franchise to be laced in Mysterium, a mutant metal that so far seems better than Adamantium than continuously choosing to be rebounded with what he considers one of his worse moments.
    Proteus doesn’t make the adamantium for Logan. There’s a big vat of the stuff in Forge’s workshop that is apparently for re-bonding it to his skeleton when he’s resurrected (as well as making him rad surfboards… *eye roll*). Hopefully they employ some less painful process to bond it to his skeleton, though, upon bringing him back. Otherwise… ouch.

Having said that, if anyone should be rocking a Mysterium upgrade it’s Cable. Dude’s out in space as acting commander of The Peak space station and part of Ewing’s cast for X-men Red. Furthermore, we’ve already seen that he can upgrade and switch out his bionic arms. Makes perfect sense for him to have has techno-organic left arm and torso coated in an almost unbreakable Mysterium shell, which has the side benefit of being a perfect conductor (100% efficiency; barely conducts or retains heat) and has anti-magic properties as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentor007 View Post
    We call that Plausible deniability.

Oh, and on the topic of a cure, does the rest of the Council know about the Forge's nullifier gun in Emma/Mystique/Destiny's possession? What about the "cure" crafted by that Breakworld alien Ord, from the Legacy Virus cure inside Colossus' dead body? What about the nanomachines that Orchis used to suppress Cyclop's powers, before they killed him in the Mother Mold mission? What about Nimrod, and Omega Sentinel's power disruptors? And then there is always Wanda Maximoff. Moria's cure really doesn't seem to rank all that high now does it?
    A better way to describe Emma's view on Moria is this: "Men and Women of power, hate that which has more power than them, and fear that which can take their power away." Emma, Mystique, and Destiny, all admitted that Moria has to die for them to keep what they have "earned", they don't care that this was all her idea, or about the horrible future that is coming, they just want to feed their greed in the here, and now.
    Emma is not a heroine in this scenario. "For her children, and mutantkind?" Nice excuses, but in an alternate timeline, she killed her own daughters just so she could take the Phoenix Force for herself, and she abused it. As one of the Phoenix Five, she horribly abused her power, and her fellow mutants, and did not try to restore Mutantkind. Cyclops had to take her power, and restore Mutantkind, afterwards, she had the gall to be hurt by his "betrayal".
    Cyclops didn't restored the mutantkind, it was Hope with a Scarlet Witch assist. he also went hungry with power, but he resisted a lot more than Emma. She went right away demanding mutants to kneel to her. I don't think she can call out Cyclops here.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    Cyclops didn't restored the mutantkind, it was Hope with a Scarlet Witch assist. he also went hungry with power, but he resisted a lot more than Emma. She went right away demanding mutants to kneel to her. I don't think she can call out Cyclops here.
    That is plain to see, I remember her(or the Phoenix reflecting her megalomania) telling Cyke, they should just burn the world and make it anew, which he refused to do. So Emma will always be Emma with cosmic power or without, she only cares about caressing her own ego.

Astonishing Member

I thought it was a rather interesting series, some interesting revelations, as well as some interesting seeds planted for future events, and arcs.
    As for the revelations, some make sense, some don't. Doug actually having much more influence, and clout actually does make sense, given that he had been there longer than anyone else. The QC being what it is, and who makes it up, makes sense too, as the saying goes: "Keep your friends close, and your enemies, even closer." Also, where are they getting all of the extra Adamantium for all of Logan's clones? There is also the question of, if Moria set Xavier onto this new Krakoan Age, with all of the previous timelines' knowledge, why would they allow things like, the Genosha Massacre, M-Day, and the Phoenix Five debacle happen? That just doesn't make any sense.
    As for Moria's "cure", look at it from another perspective, not all mutant powers are beneficial, or something to be proud of. Examples would be Rogue, ForgetMeNot, Baiely Hoskins, Marrow, etc..., and that is not counting those who horribly abuse their powers for that matter. When Moria first created said cure, she planned to give to only those who wanted it. Imagine having to relive your life over, and over again, watching all your friends, and loved ones die horribly, no matter your best efforts to save them. Is Moria supposed to be happy with this fate?
    Now it is theory time.
    1. Moria's mutant power doesn't reset the timeline, I think she jumps to another version of herself, in the vast Marvel Multiverse when her body dies. One mutant literally destroying an entire Marvel Universe every time they die, like when her plane crashed? Or does she just cycle to a new random one, and overwrite her newborn self? I think everyone else, Emma in particular, is misinterpreting her power.
    2. Omega Sentinel is the Trickster Titan. They claim the Mutants always win in the future, now look at one of Moria's previous lives. As the Phalanx were taking the Earth, Post Humans, were keeping Mutants locked in a type of preserve. Why? What if the Phalanx betray them, and decide to wipe them out, the mutants who have beat them before might turn the tide again. Could this be what Omega Sentinel/Trickster Titan faced and fled from?
    3. Why does Moria want to keep Destiny out of the picture? In all of Moria's previous lives, why have we never seen Mystique, or Destiny, ever helping out in the war for survival? Could it be that they keep backstabbing, and betraying everyone else for their own greed?
    I tend to lean on point 2 being Sinister as the trickster titan

my post is #326 on this issue on this thread
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...highlight=Rev9

Although it's possible that it is Moira ,if in the future she completely is consumed by the Warlock that is grafted as her arm.Let us wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Proteus doesn’t make the adamantium for Logan. There’s a big vat of the stuff in Forge’s workshop that is apparently for re-bonding it to his skeleton when he’s resurrected (as well as making him rad surfboards… *eye roll*). Hopefully they employ some less painful process to bond it to his skeleton, though, upon bringing him back. Otherwise… ouch.

Having said that, if anyone should be rocking a Mysterium upgrade it’s Cable. Dude’s out in space as acting commander of The Peak space station and part of Ewing’s cast for X-men Red. Furthermore, we’ve already seen that he can upgrade and switch out his bionic arms. Makes perfect sense for him to have has techno-organic left arm and torso coated in an almost unbreakable Mysterium shell, which has the side benefit of being a perfect conductor (100% efficiency; barely conducts or retains heat) and has anti-magic properties as well.
    the vat thing makes sense but man it sounds very painful to keep going through it over and over again and i don't know why he would choose to keep limiting his gift by forcing it to have to continuously heal adamantium poisoning but i guess it could also be a reminder of what he went through to him. Ouch indeed. lol

Oh 1000% on the Cable needs a mysterium upgrade, it may also help to balance the tk virus which he now seems to have more control over or maybe finally reached equilibrium with.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Yeah Mysterium is canon, actually, I'm thinking more along the lines of Jimmy Hudson's organic metal, he is Logan's son, so DNA splicing could be possible. Also isn't Mysterium made in the White Hot Room, and didn't that get made long after the 1st Orchis assault mission to destroy Mother Mold, like just before the Hellfire Gala?
    Oh i meant how wolverine gets more admantium not specifically mysterium which yeah, it does come from the white hot room. I mean i just see the imagery of someone casting the bands of cyrotak or some huge spell at logan and being shocked as he slices through it like butter.

And where is jimmy hudson? lol. I feel like we haven't seen him since he became a venom which with the whole venom event that just happened seems like a missed opportunity to not have him show up. I think he would make a good Avenger or connect with Miles.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Now we are stuck in timeline 10 B. Life 11 is probably Moira born Human and no memories of her previous lives.

Plus Universe 8 and not Universe 7 that was destroyed pre secret wars.
    Nah, if she dies while her powers are still neutralized, she just comes back through Resurrection Protocols like any M-Day victim - no powers, no timeline reboot.

If she dies after her powers are restored, either in her current body or through Resurrection Protocols, then we get a timeline reboot in which she is once again born a mutant.

There's no way in which Forge's neutralizer causes the timeline to reboot with her born without the X-gene - the tech has no time travel or reality alteration component.

I loved Inferno 1-4. But I still do not really understand Moira's plan. Can someone explain it to me? She started her elaborate plan to start a new mutant nation but her end goal was still to find a cure and eradicate all mutants on earth (to safe them)? or was it motivated by self-hate? She lied to Xavier and Magneto but why did she bothered with everything else she has done throughout all her lives? I don't really get it....

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I loved Inferno 1-4. But I still do not really understand Moira's plan. Can someone explain it to me? She started her elaborate plan to start a new mutant nation but her end goal was still to find a cure and eradicate all mutants on earth (to safe them)? or was it motivated by self-hate? She lied to Xavier and Magneto but why did she bothered with everything else she has done throughout all her lives? I don't really get it....
    She had the fall back notion of 'curing' mutantkind, or, at least, herself, in extremis, but was trying to create a viable mutant future instead.

Mystique, being Mystique, used the notion that she had a thought once about curing mutants, and *didn't do so,* as somehow making her evil and worthy of murdering. So, basically, Mystique's gonna Mystique, and do the terrible thing, and offer up some self-rationalizing BS about how it was the right thing to do.

(Same as Emma, or Moira, really. None of the ladies in this mini came out terribly well.)

Really, of all this stuff, I'm more interested in the parts that have gone unsaid. Moira's the secret architect of Krakoa. Her son, in previous lives, she felt forced to keep in a freaking cell, so that he didn't eat and murder people, and she could do nothing to help him or ultimately, to be a better mother to him. (Gosh, wonder WHY she wants to find a mutant cure, other than the whole 'my untimely slipping in the shower and breaking my neck will kill every living soul on the planet', if not to save her son?) And in this mutant society she creates, her son goes from being locked in a cage by his mommy, to one of the Five most crucial elements of the new society, lauded and respected and integrated into a permanent friendship group with four other young mutants who share a home and job with him?

If nothing else, Moira wins a medal for coming up with a better life for Kevin than she has in the past, and all that *without* forcing a mutant cure on him!

Certainly better than anything Mystique has done for Nightcrawler, her biological son...

Astonishing Member

it was shoehorned into the narrative by Hickman to stick the landing by giving Mystique and Irene a semblance of justification.Think of it like this if Moira made a cure that she touts as better than the one she was burnt for, which life did she make it in? Her own death undoes all her work in any life, so this cure only makes sense in life 10 (assuming she believes it's her last life) ,but if she's made a cure now..why does OS of the future in life 10 say mutants always win? It's as if Moira was bluffing or maybe she was stopped but it doesn't make sense for her to make a cure ,while also engineering Krakoa ,that through the protocols ensures mutantdom survives even despite a worldwide cure. If Cypher was not part of the plot so intricately one could surmise Moira knows something about Krakoa no-one knows and lured X-Men to set up shop there, but with Cypher linked to Krakoa ,Moira has no blind spot to hide in. I will let this play out ,but Hickman shot himself in the foot with this bizzare twist. The story could have been told better to make sense, for example you can have Moira start on the cure as a 'screw you' to Mistique by trying to make a techno-organic laced X-gene blocker that feeds into the whole Trickster titan of ascended 'cured' populace collapsing into a black hole like Sinister's omegas did in life 9.Not by claiming Moira was at it from the beginning. At this point it's a little underwhelming.

Life 10 is her last confirmed life (with an 11th one only promised if she did everything in a particular way) so she made contingency plans if uniting Charles, Erik and En Sabah Nur failed to stop the creation of Nimrod. The cure was her Plan B.

It's been set up since the first issue of Inferno (check the panels I posted on the previous page). It's a completely logical character decision and the only people saying it doesn't make sense are the Emma/Mystique/Destiny haters.

It was definitely motivated by self-hate and a general sense of exhaustion of having to constantly fight for survival. If Krakoa is about finding power through pride in one's identity than Moira's plan was the antithesis of surviving through absolute assimilation. Thematically I think there's a lot there, but you're definitely right that they did not actually develop how her founding of Krakoa connects to her final goal. Maybe she planned on using the island itself to distribute her cure efficiently across mutantkind?