Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    With what Moira has planned she needs to die.
    She was used as some plot device to maker her hate more. It's like everything the opposite of how House of X and Powers of X seeded Krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Not my favorite Hickman issue. I'm always looking to being awed when reading one of his comics. Sometimes by the elegance of it and other times just because it's not what I would have done and therefore, hopefully, more suprising and impressive. Didn't find much of that in this issue.

The whole Cypher reveal with Bel and Krakoa was underwhelming. That whole showdown was lacking. I feel that to make sense of much of what is happening with Moira you have to accept that much of her earlier interactions don't matter. So her relationships to the New Mutants cast are just best left forgotten. Witch in a way is fine. Not my cup of tea but fine. It makes it easier if you see Moria is a new character but that also makes her less interesting. It feels like Hickman removed her from the small interactions and postioned her on the big stage. As she is now the most interest is in how she will effect the larger conflict. Beyond that she is rather isolated and in the end more two dimensional because of it. I'm having a hard time caring for her as a character and viewing her more as a plot device.

The Magneto and Charles fight was fine as it is. The standard dumbing down to start the conflict. Keep it going and then to reach that particular end. Overall I'm just tired of seeing them fight without ever really accomplishing anything. It's hard to see them as these two big powers when they mostly strut around talk big and then just see things fall over. Again and again. I have so many other characters I want to see do something but Hickman in many ways doubled down on what X-men characters that matter and it's alienating me who see the X-men as something larger then just some characters.

I'm still wondering how Rogue would have been if she was included as she was in one draft. Perhaps I would have been bored with how Hickman wrote her. Perhaps not. In the end it would have been great to see how she matters. Now she has just been close to absent for this whole era.

If this was just a facet of the era. If these things where balanced by other writers and editorial who enrichened the story and gave us something else then I would be so much more happy and open to minis like this. But as it is now if this is what drives the whole line and shapes what we get then I have to be tougher. It now has to some extent be stronger to make up for the rest of the offerings. So in the end Hickman did much more positive then negative. He just didn't do what I hoped. He created Krakoa and somehow this sprawling new premise just felt smaller and smaller the longer it went on.
    The best way i've found to think of Moira is how i originally did, all of her history happened across her lives for her but not all of it happened in this life. i mean hos could it, could this moira really mother rahne the way we read it? i don't believe so. This moira couldn't love charles like she would have in an earlier life.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Eh, between Mothervine, Apocalypse, Vulcan, the crap Bishop did, Xorn shoving humans into ovens, and so on and so forth as long as she argues that all planning and actions occurred before Krakoa’s founding and she actually hadn’t done anything involving it, the Krakoan legal system has got her covered.
    She'll be treated like Orchis. She's toast if they catch her like the rat she is.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

"To be continued. Forever."

Yes and thank you.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    So the solution is to realize the greater threat and unite against it a la Watchmen.
    I actually think it’s working towards peaceful coexistence but I think at this point I have to accept that’s too idealistic for the current line.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    With what Moira has planned she needs to die.
    moira has thousands of years of knowledge and her current "plan" was to let charles/magneto's unification dream try and take fruit

emma is just bitter she wasn't in on the secret

one could easily argue that stripping a mutant of their gifts is akin to killing them. and in this case destiny/mystique were 100% going to kill her. emma is an accomplice + guilty as them

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    but the story, per hickman that was told is that they told her where to find the woman hiding in the heart of krakoa who herself admitted her sole goal is to erase mutantdom to a point they don't even know what they are missing. it's like she probably got off and was inspired by house of M. i know moira out there somewhere telling human children all about the evil redeemer.
    nobody, including emma, knew what moira's thoughts were on the cure until she told destiny/mystique. all emma knew is that moira was in on the secret with charles/erik

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I CAN'T WAIT! to read Emma, Raven and Destiny in Immortal X-Men. They were pure FIYAH in this issue until Doug showed up and showed OUT!!!
    Doug was the game changer and the brains.

I think Doug shouldn't need Bei, Warlock and Krakoa to beat Mystique since he can read body language and also have combat skills now.

Doug seems to bring chaos to Destiny's powers which is cool.

It would be fun to see Doug fight Mystique one on one.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    She was used as some plot device to maker her hate more. It's like everything the opposite of how House of X and Powers of X seeded Krakoa
    Essentially, X-men fans, meet your new Scarlet Witch, with less pushback from other comics fans for hating her this time.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow cyclone View Post
    as long as mutants/humans are busy fighting, the machines will win
    i agree i been saying that since hox pox #1. lol but now we know human vs mutant is propaganda the robots need to continue. makes me think of the earlier issues with the mutant social media etc and how much of those articles were being controlled by sinsiter a.i. so many seeds that could have been planted to give this moment real impact. could have even been tied to Champions and their media platform. (lol i will never give up on the champions.)
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-05-2022 at 10:35 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    It's is Emma Modus Operandi: find someone to do your dirty work.

Hard to believe Emma gonna just betray Krakoa over nothing
    Yeah especially if YOU are putting Mystique on pedestal. I don't know why people even support Raven who betrayed the X-Men for god knows how many times

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Doug was the game changer and the brains.

I think Doug shouldn't need Bei, Warlock and Krakoa to beat Mystique since he can read body language and also have combat skills now.

Doug seems to warp Destiny's powers which is cool.

It would be fun to see Doug fight Mystique one on one.
    She would kick his ass as much as I'd love to see her get her ass kicked.

i agree i been saying that since hox pox #1. lol
    Seems like the humans are cannon fodder either way.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    "To be continued. Forever."

Yes and thank you.
    Periodddd. We here to stay it seems ��

The best way i've found to think of Moira is how i originally did, all of her history happened across her lives for her but not all of it happened in this life. i mean hos could it, could this moira really mother rahne the way we read it? i don't believe so. This moira couldn't love charles like she would have in an earlier life.
    Fair enough. Still not making me care for her but hopefully whoever picks her up next can do something with that.

it’s interesting the machines are responding to their own oppression. I thought Omega Sentinel was speaking from a place of humanity in Inferno 3, but humans are oppressing them too

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    So the solution is to realize the greater threat and unite against it a la Watchmen.
    i believe that's what's implied from all of moira's actions since PoX yes. she wants peace, either through the krakoan dream, or everybody is a human through cure, so they can stop the machines. either way is traditional ends/means, etc..

she made it to the end, she saw the machine phalanx gods make contact with earth and get ready to assimilate everything. she 100% sees the bigger picture, even more than erik/charles