Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Also I'm kinda lost on Doug's logic here. The mutants depowered by Wanda aren't considered humans, and Crucible shoes that they're definitely fine with killing them. Why would Moira be considered human when depowered?
    Everybody thinks Moira is human... so, if Emma doesn't support their claim that Moira is a mutant, Charles and Magneto can send Mystique to the pit.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I mean keeping it from everyone else is one thing but you'd think they'd at least get a lecture or a slap on the wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Great issue, I was just hoping for a direct link to XLives/XDeaths to give us an idea of what exactly they're about. Unless I missed something which is entirely possible.
    My guess? Since Moira’s no longer a mutant in the present the machines try to kill her in the past, when she was still a mutant, to undo the current timeline. Or perhaps they go back to multiple points trying to kill her in different phases of her life as well as even her ancestors, hence why Logan has to be “activated” in all of these points in his life to save her/ensure that she is born? Something like that is my guess.

Very Terminator-esque, but as the saying goes, “There are only a few stories, endlessly repeated…”

The Krakoan isalnd and that safe space it created can still be around for mutants once ORCHIS is taken care of IMO.

It would just be the same as Genosha. An island haven for mutants.

But I also don't think getting rid of ORCHIS will ever make sense because its basically all of the hateful human entities coming together.

Unless they all start going against eachother.

I took it to mean that Doug didn't want Moira to be murdered, and was using the Kill No Man line to tease them/justify his actions. He's also pretty much fed up with the lies, backstabbing and manipulation, from a society that claims to be better than that, so he'll uphold the rule and think of others, instead of being selfish.

So saving Moira is less about him simply following the law, and more protecting someone's life and lashing out against the Council's hypocricy and misdeeds. If there was no Kill No Man rule, he'd still save her.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Mighty Member

^Yeah, that still makes Doug a punk. Moira literally "cured" mutants in a timeline and that is still her goal. Wonder what Doug thinks about immigration? He'd probably be ok with building a wall. Since you know, immigration, it's illegal and all.

So over the message that not forgiving those who try to kill you makes you the bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I took it to mean that Doug didn't want Moira to be murdered, and was using the Kill No Man line to tease them/justify his actions. He's also pretty much fed up with the lies, backstabbing and manipulation, from a society that claims to be better than that, so he'll uphold the rule and think of others, instead of being selfish.

So saving Moira is less about him simply following the law, and more protecting someone's life and lashing out against the Council's hypocricy and misdeeds. If there was no Kill No Man rule, he'd still save her.
    She literally just told them all that she wants to eridicate their species and he wants to play captian save a ho.

I just can't take it serious. He has to be a double agent in some way somehow.

He doesn't have to kill her, but to just let her go free? Where's the logic in that?

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    The Krakoan isalnd and that safe space it created can still be around for mutants once ORCHIS is taken care of IMO.

It would just be the same as Genosha. An island haven for mutants.

But I also don't think getting rid of ORCHIS will ever make sense because its basically all of the hateful human entities coming together.

Unless they all start going against eachother.
    Without OS and Nimrod Orchis crumbles.
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 01-05-2022 at 08:02 AM.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Everybody thinks Moira is human... so, if Emma doesn't support their claim that Moira is a mutant, Charles and Magneto can send Mystique to the pit.
    But everyone also thinks Moira is dead, so it's not a simple explanation of "she killed a human, don't think about how Moira has been alive this whole time", especially when one of Krakoas backbones is her son

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    F*cking heck this was a read.The writing is so good, I got chills when Omega Sentinel said exactly what Cyclops did in HOX/POX.The 3 survival stuff of humans, mutants and machines is just *chef's kiss*

All the perfect callbacks like the one above and the Moira/Omega one about dreams and nightmares and all these character being reflections of one another.

Every character fitting into the puzzle and seeing it take a grander shape is amazing.Except the fact that mutants are overpowerd af rn and Orchis of all things shouldn't be a threat

All that being said this is anti-climatic, expected because the X-lives and deaths is the HOX/POX follow.The last page feels meta and rightfully so.

As a goodbye it's weak and far from what we deserve and would have gotten, Hickman thrives when he writes a beginning, middle and end as he stated.This was him handing over the reigns and it's great for that but damn were we robbed.

At the end of it all Inferno just serves as a reminder of what we will never have.I'm excited for Immortal X-men because of the writer and how much Hickman was excited for it as well and I hope that book keeps this vibe going.

Also they really put Bishop, Kwannon and Colossus on the promotion and they didn't have a single line.I don't mind because they never were a part of it but why bait
    Especially Bishop! In their respective series Kwannon was being blackmailed to work for Sinister and Colossus was revealed to be the mole. Bishop can’t be trusted… for reasons?

I think the issue was good enough, but I think Marvel really didn’t want this to feel like an endpoint to discourage people from jumping off here. Cause if you do, you really won’t get any answers.

In hindsight I think we could have saved all the council stuff (besides Destiny’s return) and war captain shuffling for Immortal X-Men. Hickman was never going to be able to fit in his Phalanx or Vulcan stuff in this short series, but I would have liked more time with Moira as an active player instead of the reactionary plot device she was in this.

This was a good issue , but a little underwhelming IMO. There's a lot of shift in status quo but none of it feels really revolutionary. Sure the council now knows about Moira, but she's now gone, so that's no longer even an issue (though their trust issues with Charles and Erik is of course).

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    She literally just told them all that she wants to eridicate their species and he wants to play captian save a ho.

I just can't take it serious. He has to be a double agent in some way somehow.

He doesn't have to kill her, but to just let her go free? Where's the logic in that?
    Well, she wants to depower them so they arent all murdered by robots.

So basically Moira wishes she did what Wanda did lol

This whole series was really underwhelming. The second issue was good but aside from that, who cares? I love Destiny, but overall I felt like nothing happened here.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    So basically Moira wishes she did what Wanda did lol
    Except Moira wasn't having a mental breakdown. This is who she is.

Although I guess in the future, she will be redeemed when it's revealed Doom was secretly controlling her.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Well, she wants to depower them so they arent all murdered by robots.
    Yes lets turn them into humans so the robots can actually win for good.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!