Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I love Doug and his poly-cross-species-robosexual-love-rectangle. His hopefulness and ideology and rule-following is something I identify with so hard. He’s not the hero we asked for and he’s more than we deserve. Also, now I am hot for him too. I totally see it Bei, Krakoa, and Warlock.

Sometimes I talk back to my comics. Today I said: ‘well that was stupid,’ right after the robuts killed their human allies. I know this double cross was supposed to be like gasp-inducing but it was just SO STUPID. The mutants have 3 laws, one is to not kill humans. You dumbasses, use them as human shields! Kill them AFTER you’ve defeated Magneto and Xavier. Omg, you could’ve claimed Mags and X massacred a bunch of humans. It was 200 against 2! You robuts the future supposedly, but you have zero foresight. Gah.

Now the mutants and humans are going to unite against the robuts. Soooooo so stuuupid of them!

I’m also still not fully buying the bitter blood feud between Moira/Mystique and Destiny. Or I’m just not understanding what’s going on. The recap was helpful this time because it took me several readings last issue to understand what happened at the end. Reading other published reviews made me feel less alone, because three different reviewers thought three different things had happened.

The whole issue felt like 1 step forward, five steps back. I was so excited last issue bc Doug seemed to be the only one who had suss eyes about the situation. More mutants need to be questioning things. The fact no one else is saying: “hey, wait a minute here…” makes the overall premise of Krakoa disappointing and unbelievable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Yeah can someone explain how Xavier did what he did? Is he a telekinetic now?
    Xavier's telepathy has affected physical matter before, especially when he explodes. I'm sure someone can provide the scans. I'm too lazy.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    She literally just told them all that she wants to eridicate their species and he wants to play captian save a ho.

I just can't take it serious. He has to be a double agent in some way somehow.

He doesn't have to kill her, but to just let her go free? Where's the logic in that?
    If she stays on Krakoa, there's no way he can trust the Council not to kill her in secret. Now, Moira is in hiding and won't be able to act against them. If she does, her arm might let Doug know, the same way he and Warlock knew about the Council. She's basically microchipped again, only with something stronger.

For what it's worth, he clearly doesn't like her. He's just doing what he thinks is right.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 9.05.45.jpg
    I made this during Hickman's X-Men run, but it applies here as well.

I'm a bit disappointed that not much changed. It doesn't feel like Inferno was the culmination of Hickman's run, but rather just about removing him via Moira from the plot.

I didn't expect ORCHIS to be gone, but I thought (before seeing the solicitations for X-Men) at least Omega or Nimrod would be dealt with.

---

I'm also surprised there's nothing about the Wolverine Deaths/Lives book. So that book is really just about Wolverine?

Extraordinary Member

How did Moira keep this from Charles for so many years? How does Moira plan to do this when there are millions of mutants on Mars now? Since mutants were pushed to the brink of extinction multiple times in the last few years in-universe, was Moira happy with that? Was she working to ensure Wanda's 'no more mutants' was permanent? Did she learn nothing from the Phoenix coming to earth to undo that? And after the fandom became existed with the 'no more mutants are being born' plots of M-day and the terrigen story, why even threaten to bring it back a third time?

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Yes lets turn them into humans so the robots can actually win for good.
    I mean from everything theyve said it sounds like the mutants die either way

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    If she stays on Krakoa, there's no way he can trust the Council not to kill her in secret. Now, Moira is in hiding and won't be able to act against them. If she does, her arm might let Doug know, the same way he and Warlock knew about the Council. She's basically microchipped again, only with something stronger.

For what it's worth, he clearly doesn't like her. He's just doing what he thinks is right.
    Hopefully, she doesn't give Orchis access to Warlock...
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    They didn't in Omega's future timeline...

They won in Moira's original life 10.

Also...

Orchis exists because "Mutants Always win"

Unless you skipped Inferno #3.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    This didn't really do enough to the status quo to matter. Went from Moira in hiding and pulling the strings to Moira in hiding and on the run. Pretty much all of Hickman's planted story seeds have just fizzled out by this point, including that the timeline where mutants win got split into a timeline where the future for mutants is uncertain - i.e. same as it ever was.
    Exactly this. Such a letdown.

I did like the fight, especially Xavier’s moment where he did whatever he did do to Nimrod. I guess he overloaded the psynapses that are still human in Nimrod’s brain or something like that? Anyway, it looked both cool and scary.

LOVED the art in this series.

I’m glad that power neutralizer gun that Cable was holding in the original Mark Brooks HoX/PoX teaser image came into play. I knew it would. Sadly I had hoped Cable himself would somehow be involved, considering his history with Moira and knowledge of the future — or some future timelines at least. But he would’ve definitely felt shoe-horned in here and the way it happened was better, so I can’t find fault with it.

Astonishing Member

So I’m assuming that it’s an abandoned plot point like Sunspot & the IG vs the Dominions, but there’s no chance Moira planted that idea in Wanda’s head (the original plan as I understand, before it was milked for all its genocidal worth, was that the victims would *never* have been mutants to begin with)

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Hopefully, she doesn't give Orchis access to Warlock...
    I don't think she will. At least, she shouldn't. Destiny can't see her actions, but she can see the ripples she causes. Coupled that with her chip, and it'd be incredibly hard for her to do anything.

In theory. In practice, all it takes is a writer who doesn't let logic get in the way of their story.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.