Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    :::waltzes in, caftan billowing in the wind:::

I hope your Spidey-Sense is tingling...

It simply amazes me how much Hickman and his cognitive dissonance-laden characters--the only way most of HoX/PoX worked, frankly (and I love the shit out of that double-series)--are given a pass but some want to nitpick about Duggan's Arrakii, lol.
    Hey, I’ve been complaining about everyone being out of character from the start. I blame Hickman just as much as Duggan. The difference is I like the ideas for Hickman’s plots more so it elevates those a little

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Who is Vornak.?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Honestly i agree with it's time to pull the trigger on resurrections but then i'm of the mind that i don't get the argument humans are going to be mad to find out mutants can be resurrected. Especially given the narrative that humans have been killing mutants but then i don't get how krakoa is a supremcist nation. At worst i see humans who hate mutants using resurrection as a way to minimize the worth of mutant life which is infinite vs human life. The problem may be with the reveal imo mutant deaths become meaningless to humans and that may either make some lose interest or hunting mutants may become THE sport in the mu.
    It would probably make mutants targets. If people knew mutants were immortal and their previous efforts against them were ineffective, it would show the world that they're a bigger threat than they realize. More people would focus all their efforts into keeping mutants in check or finding ways to stop their resurrections. Because otherwise, if mutants ever turn on them, they'd be screwed.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Who is Vornak.?
    Not sure if he's been mentioned before but he was a Gargoyle looking Arrakki under Isca's command..

Even though the reveal was spoiled earlier by Bleeding Cool, I still really enjoyed this issue. Now that mutants have their own nation in Krakoa, why shouldn't they have their own version of Captain America? And who better to be that hero than the same character who has been leading mutants through all sorts of hardships and challenges for years? It sounds like a lot happened off-panel to lead to this moment. Cyclops clearly didn't want to go this route, but something forced his hand. And it looks like we'll learn the details in the next issue. I'm excited and curious. Can't wait to see how this plays out.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Incredible Member

It’s important to note Scott was against becoming Captain Krakoa. Excellent issue! The next issue makes it even better. A one-two punch.

EDIT: Also of note, Urich has no recollection of the story he was about to break regarding the resurrection protocols or of ever meeting Scott. He’s been mindwiped.
    i wonder who wiped bens mind? he would have had a large number of files with sources and photos that had to be destroyed as well, and scott was unaware of what happened to ben so i doubt he told the council.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Not sure if he's been mentioned before but he was a Gargoyle looking Arrakki under Isca's command..
    He had a cool visual. Wouldn’t mind him showing up on X-men Red as the muscle along with Storm, Cable, Iceman and whoever else.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    i wonder who wiped bens mind? he would have had a large number of files with sources and photos that had to be destroyed as well, and scott was unaware of what happened to ben so i doubt he told the council.
    Was Scott really unaware? He was all defeated after the phone call, like he knew some dirty moves had been played and he felt guilty. I don't think the council would be happy to know he's secretly talking to Ben....

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Honestly i agree with it's time to pull the trigger on resurrections but then i'm of the mind that i don't get the argument humans are going to be mad to find out mutants can be resurrected. Especially given the narrative that humans have been killing mutants but then i don't get how krakoa is a supremcist nation. At worst i see humans who hate mutants using resurrection as a way to minimize the worth of mutant life which is infinite vs human life. The problem may be with the reveal imo mutant deaths become meaningless to humans and that may either make some lose interest or hunting mutants may become THE sport in the mu.
    I mean the swing vote on the council in terms of letting the humans be wiped out vs not doing so is Emma. One vote away from the mutant supremacy votes running the country is pretty precarious

Astonishing Member

While I doubt the X-office will do that I will continue to protest how stupid and autocratic the Quiet Council is.

Also I will say something nice, while this plot was predictable I like Duggan’s portrayal of Cyclop’s and hope the continues into him doing something about Krakoa’s government.

I wonder if the Arakki have their own resurrection, or will they ask Krakoa to resurrect Vornak.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Another critique, the Arrakkos sent Vornak but after he was killed, they just let Fellong build the station over a week?

Are you kidding me? All these war ready Omegas in Arrakko did nothing after Vornak died?
    Well Isca is still there so they're likely not worried. Now if they catch her sneaking out with rolling luggage on her way to Phobos in the middle of the night, it's a problem.

It gets a little deeper.

The only thing I can think of is that he wanted to reveal the resurrection protocols to the world.

I love it. Actually, I am totally in love with Scott and Everett. They make me swoon.

I think he was able to do this so easily because the X-Men and Arrakii are planning something. Again, it gets deeper in the next issue.
    Sweet, thanks! And yeah I love the connection between Scott and Ev.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

I do really need someone soon to be like "wait, just for the record, are we acting like we have a democratic government? Because the seats of power changing due to votes doesn't really mean much when the only people eligible to vote for who occupies those seats are the ones already handpicked to sit in them by the same handful of people."

Not enough Jean

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I do really need someone soon to be like "wait, just for the record, are we acting like we have a democratic government? Because the seats of power changing due to votes doesn't really mean much when the only people eligible to vote for who occupies those seats are the ones already handpicked to sit in them by the same handful of people."
    I still say Xavier has had Krakoa pumping narcotics through the air 24/7 to keep the mutant population compliant to the council’s control. Hence why the more rational ones are the ones who spend more time off the island like Cyclops. Everyone else is too busy being unwillingly strung out on cocaine, weed, meth, and heroin 24/7z