Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I liked we got to see more of Sunfire.

And Feilong keeping Nightcrawler's corpse...well...
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-05-2022 at 11:20 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont get why Cyclops even met with the QC about Captain Krakoa. The QC dont run the X-men and that was one of the main reasons they were created. The QC should have no say about what the X-men do
    This was my question about this. If quiet Council has powers over X-men, they aren't a independent group of heroes anymore.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    I hope we get an explanation for that in next issue.
    Short answer: Don’t trust autocrats when they say they aren’t going to interfere in your work.

Long answer: Do Not Trust Autocrats.

Longer answer: Rise up Proletariat

Astonishing Member

Actually, the QC making him be Captain Krakoa didn't bother me that much within the narrative because the X-Men may exist independent of the Council but this wasn't so much about how the X-Men run themselves, it was about how they addressed Urich's investigation into resurrection and public awareness of those. I may hate that they're still acting like the resurrections can be kept a secret but WHEN considering that premise is still the current status quo, it makes total sense that the QC was able to overrule Cyclops on this specific issue because it wasn't about how the X-Men handle themselves, it was a matter that would have huge impact on global relations with Krakoa and that made it fall under the Council's purview.

So what it takes for Cyclops to question the status quo is for him to be overruled and be butthurt about it, then get turned into Krakoa’s cartoon mascot. Like the child death pits don’t make you say: hm?, but the twig crown is what pushes you over the edge. … Actually, that tracks.

Where’s that meme of a clown putting on makeup? Can we make one only change it to Captain Krakoa?

I just am not feeling Captain Krakoa i am not a fan of Scott Summers looking like a Parrot. Sorry. Dude look like a humanoid pokemon. like the male rosette. Other than that i think Duggan has done a great job of making the book exciting while being in limbo for close to a year. I think they should delay the vote and give this team more time.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

I mean with the twig crown they want to emphasize the biotech nature of Krakoa but at the same time they want to be consistent with the X-men look so we get the random ass twig crown. Honestly would have been better to go full Poison Ivy or Swamp Thing or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    I mean with the twig crown they want to emphasize the biotech nature of Krakoa but at the same time they want to be consistent with the X-men look so we get the random ass twig crown. Honestly would have been better to go full Poison Ivy or Swamp Thing or something like that.
    Those grass sideburn bushes are just too much.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    The one thing that lingers for me is: Does Sunfire talk like this? I remember him as being more formal. Here he felt more without a voice of hiw own.
    Chalk it up to his living and working so closely with the others, and a transfer through social contact or association, of their more casual, familiar behavior. He's far more relaxed now than ever before, besides, with his clearer sense of purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont get why Cyclops even met with the QC about Captain Krakoa. The QC dont run the X-men and that was one of the main reasons they were created. The QC should have no say about what the X-men do
    My guess would be their days are numbered. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if that's what Immortal will be tackling, their further deconstruction.

Per the usual, this issue was damn good, and I enjoyed the hell out of it. With all the pivotal, post time-jump happenings:

Captain Krakoa, Cyclops' "death"/fall from grace, and the reveal that Scott is Cap'n K + Urich being mindwiped, and further division with the continually failing Q. Council
    Feilong making his move for Orchis by claiming Phobos, and laying waste to a legendary, Arakkii warrior, whose claim to fame was slaying an Amenthii demon goddess
    And most of all:

SUNFIRE, he SHINEd!

Much like Doctors Stasis and Polaris, I'm maybe sensing some archenemy energy here, and I'm liking it. I also really liked the further showing of Shiro's newfound inner peace, since coming to Krakoa. He remains so composed now and acts so much more level-headed. But you can tell that restraint's still involved, that the passion's still there, and the fire still burns. A simmering stoicism, if you will. It's been and continues to be a turnabout from previous portrayals, and a pretty neat development for him, I think. Oh, and destroying Vornak's almost-as-old-as-Arakko axe (before he got shockingly offed), was a pretty big deal also.

As is exposing the Resurrection Protocols. But only if you stop worrying about what it is, and start concentrating on how it's done, will you understand the why. Works in making sense of why mutants experience a heightened level of intolerance while many other superhuman types don't, too, just apply the exact same reasoning.

I'm not liking Cyke's story. Maybe it'll pave the way for his revenge for Utopia.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I liked we got to see more of Sunfire.

And Feilong keeping Nightcrawler's corpse...well...
    Yeah, what does the current ruler of Phobos plan to do with Kurt's corpse? He'll study it of course and I'm thinking he might try to reanimate it. Sick!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yeah, what does the current ruler of Phobos plan to do with Kurt's corpse? He'll study it of course and I'm thinking he might try to reanimate it. Sick!
    Honestly at this point just make the resurrection protocols public. It was dumb enough when they kept on sending the same X-Force team against Orchis again and again as if this was edge of tomorrow when none of the team keeps their memories of the place at all. Also ended up giving Orchis several Wolverine’s worth of Adamantium.

I'm expecting them to use his skin to make teleporters. Though its hard to see them as a big threat when Storm could just turn off the life support systems. also it's hard to believe the other Arraki just didn't care and the killing the big bad Arraki to show how big and bad Feng was was really cliche but if you look at the state of the overall books is there really much Duggan could be doing right now. it feels like limbo. Well i guess he could have focused inward more and showed more of the team hanging out.
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-05-2022 at 12:35 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

IKR!?
    And truth to tell, I'm here for his insanity. LOL

Clearly the Feilong plot is only just starting so there is still time for it to unfold and we get reactions from both the Regent and Arakkii...plus...considering the cover of issue 09, there's much more to come regarding Orchis.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-05-2022 at 12:39 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

If next issue features Arakko presenting a violent response to the claiming of Phobos, I could accept the No Prize explanation that after this lone human killed one of their champions, the Arakkii decided to give him a bit of time to build up his defenses to see what kind of challenge he can present the next time they go after him now that they're not blatantly underestimating him. Isca's attitude on humans previously has been that she's surprised they're still around but was open to the idea that they must be some kind of challenge if they 'force' the Krakoans to share their planet with them, and so I could see them being like oh okay, so these humans CAN present a worthy challenge, alright, let's see just how much of one they can actually be.

After all, upon discovering a potential enemy is more of a threat than you initially believed them to be, there is intel to be gathered in seeing how they go about building or fortifying a foothold position and upping their threat level. The Arakkii are hardened expert warriors. They are also arrogant, but that doesn't equal stupid, and upon realizing they underestimated a human foe, taking their time in formulating a response or reevaluating that threat makes far more strategic sense in the long run than simply leaping to respond with an overwhelming display of force that smashes their lone foe out of existence but doesn't allow for a true analysis of what that lone foe might be capable of with equivalent numbers or reinforcements.

But if they're just content to let a known enemy occupy a base of operations right in their orbit without further challenge, or like, even after taking some time can't seem to muster any kind of competent counterattack, I'm gonna call foul. A warrior race of five million mutants who held off a dimension full of ravenous demons for four thousand years not being able to outmaneuver a blatant Elon Musk analogue with the powerset of a robust stock portfolio and a winning science fair project? Nah.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 01-05-2022 at 12:45 PM.