Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

So got my hands on Tales from the Bayou collection and was a bit surprised by Azz/Capullo story. It reads like a set up for a new villain, but nothing more came out of it? With recent news about Batman/Spawn I started wondering if something similar wasn't planned here as well? Because Lord Barren, from what we heard about him in those 12 pages, sounds very similar to The Rot and likely would feel redundant, unless it wasn't supposed to be a DC thing.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Is Green Hell still a thing on Black Label?
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Is Green Hell still a thing on Black Label?
    I guess Mahkne is just taking a while? Either that or it’s been stealth cancelled because there hasn’t been a solicit for the second issue yet.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Many black labels books get pushed back, but at least they get new release dates. Green Hell looks to be removed entirely.

Wonder if it has anything to do with Lemire's Image exclusive deal...

Although, I can't quite remember which came first, Green Hell or his Image deal. Regardless, you'd think that stuff would have been worked out when it was planned, but maybe not?
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam

It shouldn't, Image exclusive was announced before + Robin and Batman was coming out at roughly same time and didn't have any delays.

Two Swampies in Dark Crisis:

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Two Swampies in Dark Crisis:

Dreadlocked one is clearly Alec, because that’s how he looked in Justice League Dark and the other is no doubt Levi from Ram V’s run.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

From an interview with Williamson, taking about Dark Crisis, Deadly Green, etc.

One of the things that Ram V and I talked about last year was that Ram wanted to make sure that Levi didn’t disappear. That’s a character in the DCU. Having them here, having them be in this issue, and then having them see the Deadly Green issue, I wanted to make sure it was clear that that character was an important character that Ram had created and was gonna stay around. They weren’t just gonna go away.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/09/06/da...son-dc-comics/

Astonishing Member

Lotta legacy on Earth 0.

Mighty Member

Ram V's run has been great so far. I'm in need of a catch-up (I plan to get through Season 2 when I get the time to read it).
    Anyway, I'm kind of hoping we get a "Season 3" or a follow up at some point.

On another note, last year I read Wein's run and honestly, it's pretty great. I may give it a reread and work my up to Moore's run. I've read a few issue of Moore's stuff and... yeah... it's strong writing with gorgeous art.

Swamp Thing is one of those characters you can do nearly anything with and it seems to work. I really like the more trippy cosmic elements Ram has put into his run. Perkins' art is incredible too.

I have Green Hell, but I may just wait a few years for issues 2 and 3 to come out (if they ever do).
    I'm hoping we get Morrison and Millar's (Morrison again) run republished sometime in the future however.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    From an interview with Williamson, taking about Dark Crisis, Deadly Green, etc.

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/09/06/da...son-dc-comics/
    I'm genuinely glad to see Williamson say that, probably why I'm excited for the Swamp Thing based one-shot
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Elaine Johnson art.

SwampThing.jpg

Francavilla

20220923_085827.jpg

According to Mahnke, Green Hell is still in the works. Just glad we got mention of it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjmOXNeM...d=MDJmNzVkMjY=