Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

I'm reading more X-books at present than I have in years, so Krakoa's alright with me. I'm thrilled the franchise finally figured out how to use its expansive cast beyond just the A-Listers. Having Peepers, Monet, Cypher, Risque, Tempus, Sage, Synch, Manifold, etc. all with legitimate and interesting roles in the general direction of the line has been fantastic to see.

Quote Originally Posted by adamishere1 View Post
    So recently been thinking about the current X-titles run and while I have enjoyed some of the last couple of years, I've found myself preferring older X-men stuff back when they were based out of the school etc. So got me wondering do you prefer the current style where they are on Krakoa and essentially isolated or back when whilst slightly apart from the rest of the Marvel heroes thedy are still more connected?
    I prefer the old status quo. The new X-Men continuity does not make sense. The HoX/PoX/Moira X retcon means Xavier never had any integrationist dream. It was all a cover for his and Moira’s plans.

If Hickman had been allowed to finish his story, I think these contradictions or massive retcons would have been addressed, and we would be in a different place. It’s like the X titles are stuck in this storyline. I think I would have appreciated how Hickman would have resolved these things, and I imagine he would have tied these loose ends up in a way that would have made for something new without messing with the continuity prior to the HiXmen.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I'm reading more X-books at present than I have in years, so Krakoa's alright with me. I'm thrilled the franchise finally figured out how to use its expansive cast beyond just the A-Listers. Having Peepers, Monet, Cypher, Risque, Tempus, Sage, Synch, Manifold, etc. all with legitimate and interesting roles in the general direction of the line has been fantastic to see.
    Agreed. It's truly delightful to see so many characters having significant roles in the era. Doug is an all-star right now.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    I prefer the old status quo. The new X-Men continuity does not make sense. The HoX/PoX/Moira X retcon means Xavier never had any integrationist dream. It was all a cover for his and Moira’s plans.
    Nope. Sounds like you're due to a re-read (or first read) of HoX/P10.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Astonishing/Academy X/NXM days were pretty great.

It's tough to decide between Hickman and those times.

Extraordinary Member

HOX/POX Krakoa was never meant to be a decade long status quo like the X-mansion days.Hickman had a planned arc same as w/ his Avengers/FF stuff that ended w/ Secret wars.X-office got greedy and afraid and will now milk it dry

I enjoyed and continue to enjoy Krakoa but I think it doesn't work as a status quo

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    HOX/POX Krakoa was never meant to be a decade long status quo like the X-mansion days.Hickman had a planned arc same as w/ his Avengers/FF stuff that ended w/ Secret wars.X-office got greedy and afraid and will now milk it dry

I enjoyed and continue to enjoy Krakoa but I think it doesn't work as a status quo
    Why does it not work? It's working pretty well right now.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Why does it not work? It's working pretty well right now.
    Hickman just left and Inferno was a massive downgrade from HOX/POX and I bet X lives and deaths will be too.

People were already annoyed that Hickman's plot was being stretched out thin and now it's been torn apart to milk it longer.We have yet to even go into Destiny of X or X lives and deaths which will be the first taste of Krakoa being a status quo.Right now we've barely left the Hickman's Krakoa stuff, ofc. it's working well now.

My point is it will not work as a decade long+ status quo like the stuff before it did.Aside from a lot of OOC stuff needed to make it work you also lose the core of X-men morality and that won't work long term.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Same here. I am enjoying the "rut" the xmen are in. omg two years of krakoa vs 20 years of extinction stories and this era is the "rut? ok lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

I prefer 90’s status quo

Xmen super heroes in the mansion
    Students in massachussets academy
    Xforce on the run
    Xfactor tied to goverment

Xavier dream still alive

I love to see them thriving, but Krakoa leaves a bitter taste in mouth as a reminder that perhaps integration is indeed an distant possibility in real life.
    Last edited by crimsontt; 01-15-2022 at 08:14 AM.

Depends on what one means by integration. If they solely mean living together while getting to be an individual then cool but the problem is when most say integration (not the poster above) they are implying others should be like the majority to fit in and i say screw that.

edit: Even when schools were integrated there was a price to be paid as the culture of one dominated things done in school. The pledge of allegiance, certain hairstyles being acceptable and others not, the curriculum (Christopher coulombs discovered something that was already here and populated. lol what?) etc etc and so on.
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-15-2022 at 08:22 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Hickman just left and Inferno was a massive downgrade from HOX/POX and I bet X lives and deaths will be too.

People were already annoyed that Hickman's plot was being stretched out thin and now it's been torn apart to milk it longer.We have yet to even go into Destiny of X or X lives and deaths which will be the first taste of Krakoa being a status quo.Right now we've barely left the Hickman's Krakoa stuff, ofc. it's working well now.

My point is it will not work as a decade long+ status quo like the stuff before it did.Aside from a lot of OOC stuff needed to make it work you also lose the core of X-men morality and that won't work long term.
    The X-Men live in a tree house and operate outside of Krakoa. Same mission statement as always.

When you say people who do you mean? Just posters here or the broader audience that reads these books?

According to you it won't work, but that's based off absolutely nothing substantial so far.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    The X-Men live in a tree house and operate outside of Krakoa. Same mission statement as always.

When you say people who do you mean? Just posters here or the broader audience that reads these books?

According to you it won't work, but that's based off absolutely nothing substantial so far.
    I have to side with coco_bandicoot up there. So far is too early to see if will leave impact or not. , after all Hickman just left, we will see how his ideas we will evolve, or degenerate. And while lot of OOC irked me in the wrong way, is also true that it was for most part limited to ancillary characters and straight bad guys...for most part. And honestly I have seen worst OOC moments in X-men comics in 30+ years reading them. (Wanna talk bout BotA?)

Mighty Member

Krakoan era is much better.

The old X school concept has been around for decades so now there should be a change for new ideas.

You can only get so much out of the old X school concept of living with humans that hate mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Krakoan era is much better.

The old X school concept has been around for decades so now there should be a change for new ideas.

You can only get so much out of the old X school concept of living with humans that hate mutants.
    Yeah, albeit to be honest the x-school was not that much present in late 80s and most of 90s. At the best was a school only nominally being more like a military base of sort for X related mutants. But between the outback, inferno operation zero tollerance, fall of mutants, saving shi ar butt's and onslaught, they passed more time on blackbird than at the school....
    And now a question arise in my mind I wished it would not. Do blackbirds have big enough toilets on board? How comfy are blackbirds chairs? Is there a mini fridge?