Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Which do you prefer the X-Men Status Quo or the pre- HOX/POX days

So recently been thinking about the current X-titles run and while I have enjoyed some of the last couple of years, I've found myself preferring older X-men stuff back when they were based out of the school etc. So got me wondering do you prefer the current style where they are on Krakoa and essentially isolated or back when whilst slightly apart from the rest of the Marvel heroes thedy are still more connected?

I prefer the X-men nation building on Krakoa to what we had before.

Just make them less culty and I'm golden.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-05-2022 at 12:05 PM.

Pre-HoX/PoX for me.

I’m on record as saying I don’t like them as murderous bigoted self serving Cultists.

Astonishing Member

Neither. The mansion status quo has been utilized about as much as it can and should be moved on from, whereas I find the Krakoa era rushed, poorly planned, not well executed, in some cases against my personal tastes, and possibly about to become the next Clone Saga of marvel. If I had to pick a status quo I liked the most, I’d prefer the Krakoan idea but more in the lines of Utopia. And Morrison’s X-men, while still in the mansion, had some unique ideas I wish had been utilized more.

I much prefer the Krakoan era. Flawed as it is, it's so intriguing and brings a lot of great things to the table. I love the lore, I love seeing the nation evolve over time, I love political intrigue, I love (the idea behind) the teams, and I love how many characters have gone in interesting and fun directions.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I do like the so-called classic X-men status quo with the school and all of that old framework, but we already have more than enough stories set in that time period.

Truth be told, I think the current Krakoa era is the first time in several years that the line has had something resembling a sense of unity and direction (even if I don't equally enjoy every single book or every single story arc, but I don't expect perfection and we all have different tastes).

Not because the previous writers were bad, but more often than not, they weren't given enough room to develop and flesh out their ideas before something got in the way. In particular, they also seemed to be working without much connection between them most of the time.
    Last edited by Souther; 01-05-2022 at 10:45 AM.

current status quo. i am so over the gassing and the mass murders. can we just have some adventure stories and some good soapy moments with high drama.

not to mention the boon this is to the entire mu. new magical creatures, a new world, super powered heroes and villains. Like there is just so much for everyone to mine.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The Krakoa/Arakko era.

New foes, characters, concepts.
    Better than being treated like crap by human powers.

Pre-Krakoa cult era for me. This HoX stuff is just bad (and its made the fanbase even worse than it already was)

Krakoa/Arakko era.

Hope it last long time. I Think is the definitive and modern take on x men.

Krakoa is still new and the potential of what it could be is still larger then the reality of what we have. The school, great as it was, couldn't house all the mutants that we care for in a way that Krakoa can. Now Krakoa has to earn it's future. Give us stories that properly uses the potential of all these mutants. Perhaps the characters that tend to dominate the narrative should take a break and new ones should be used.

I'm not saying that everyone's favorite should be used in a meaningful way. That is the ultimate goal but possibly highly improbable or straight impossible. I'm saying that there exists so many A-status or B-status that are just wallpaper. Teambooks that are just teams in name. Characters being used for plots without any depth. So much that could be better. I would say that it's harder to missuse so many characters like X-men editorial are now then it is to keep a majority on a OK level. First rule: Teambooks! Second rule: statistics!. What have these characters done the last year? What are we doing with them this year?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

This Krakoan Era.

"To be continued. Forever."
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I liked the old status quo at the time but it got stale decades ago. Right now I strongly prefer the current set up

Krakoa/Arakko

No question.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by adamishere1 View Post
    So got me wondering do you prefer the current style where they are on Krakoa and essentially isolated or back when whilst slightly apart from the rest of the Marvel heroes thedy are still more connected?
    I don’t like them isolated from the rest of the world like they were some Native Americans when they have been on Krakoa only for roughly a year (and they also represented people from all the world). All of that is too artificial for my taste. The past is erased. Their old alliances are forgotten… Something of their depth is gone.

The problem is less of a situation and more of consistence and plausibility… It requires a writer that loves them for what they were.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe