Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Also, Moira's diaries sort of implies her revelations and manipulations led to Onslaught.
    Yes, we just don´t know how much influence she had and how much it was just Charles suppresing his own emotions.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    The X-Men live in a tree house and operate outside of Krakoa. Same mission statement as always.

When you say people who do you mean? Just posters here or the broader audience that reads these books?

According to you it won't work, but that's based off absolutely nothing substantial so far.
    We have barely left Hickman's Krakoa so far, my point is won't work as a decade/decades long status quo like X-mansion days.

And are you acting like Krakoa has no effect on the X-men?

The last issue(2 if you read the leaked one in time) are about them saying Quiet Council might be an obstacle and Capt. Krakoa is all about Krakoan stuff effecting their functioning

I prefer now. The old days of Sentinels and The Mansion being blown up was tired. Professor X running the Nation but with help is a great idea.

Extraordinary Member

Pre HOX/POX...but actually way back. Back when there were elements that showed humans who were not anti-mutant. They pushed way too far into 'all humans are rabid, murderous, anti-mutant racists'...and those few who aren't are still suspect.

Very late to the game, but I'm one of those people waiting for the classic status quo to come back; pretty much any of the X-Men comics I follow are the side stuff and currently everything has to tie into Hickman's Krakoa scenario rather than being their own thing. I'm specifically annoyed that Marvel canceled the X-23 solo series for this (esp. since X-23 going along with Krakoa doesn't really seem to fit her character development).

On the other hand, I did really like the Fallen Angels mini they did awhile back, although it's not lost on me that that series was one about people who didn't feel like they belonged on Krakoa.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I like what freshness Krakoa gives, after IVX or AoX-Man. But I'm against plot over characters, when established characters act OOC because they need to fit the plotline someone wants to write.
    I enjoyed a lot Hellions, S.W.O.R.D. and X-Factor, where I think balance was good, but cannot make myself enjoy current X-Men, with not really plotline to begin with, and half of team not getting page time/good characterization.

I’m late to this discussion, so if this point has been made please forgive me, but I don’t think it’s a fair comparison to just contrast today with the period immediately prior when considering “status quo.” Because there were times when the preceding status quo was great and felt fresh and innovative, and there were times when it was terrible and stagnant. It all depends on the era and the writing. For me the best contrast of the two would be the Morrison New X-men era, when that was really the flagship and driving the line, versus the Hickman HoX/DoX-into-X-men era, as he was writing X-men which is/was the flagship book. If I’m comparing those two I give the edge to Morrison’s New X-men with concepts like X-Corps and Weapon Plus that really expanded the size and scope of mutant affairs, plus Xavier outing himself finally as a mutant to the world. Having said that, as we go into this next phase of the Krakoan Age it seems that the mutants’ scope is being further enhanced still… first with their own nation-state, which admittedly both Magneto and Cable tried on their own before, but now with their own freaking planet as they’ve colonized Mars and claimed it as their own!

So, in that respect, I’d say the jury is still out and for me personally. I’m loving the Krakoan Age thus far. Sure, it’s had its ups and downs and hits and misses like any period in X-men history, but for this fan it’s been more good than bad. And IMO X-men Red is going to be the book to watch, with Al Ewing tackling big concepts out in space.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Pre HOX/POX...but actually way back. Back when there were elements that showed humans who were not anti-mutant. They pushed way too far into 'all humans are rabid, murderous, anti-mutant racists'...and those few who aren't are still suspect.
    I do miss the human allies (Moira, Tom Corsi, Stevie Hunter, Sharon Friedlander, Dr. Peter Corbeau, even Kavita Rao became an ally, etc.), human *family* being involved in their lives (Carmen Pryde, Corsair and even Scott's grandparents, etc.) and human love-interests (Trish Tilby, Charlotte Jones, Lee Forrester, Gabrielle Haller, Candy Southern, Amanda Sefton/Jimaine Szardos, etc. and gosh, did any of the mutant ladies ever date a human dude? Other than T'Challa, who may not be a mutant, but is definitely post-human...).

Really, the closest we've seen in this era is the Children of the Atom, human superfans of mutants cosplaying as mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I do miss the human allies (Moira, Tom Corsi, Stevie Hunter, Sharon Friedlander, Dr. Peter Corbeau, even Kavita Rao became an ally, etc.), human *family* being involved in their lives (Carmen Pryde, Corsair and even Scott's grandparents, etc.) and human love-interests (Trish Tilby, Charlotte Jones, Lee Forrester, Gabrielle Haller, Candy Southern, Amanda Sefton/Jimaine Szardos, etc. and gosh, did any of the mutant ladies ever date a human dude? Other than T'Challa, who may not be a mutant, but is definitely post-human...).

Really, the closest we've seen in this era is the Children of the Atom, human superfans of mutants cosplaying as mutants.
    Dolores Ramirez feels most like the old school human allies to me. She also attended the gala.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

Whatever happened to Tom Corsi and Sharon Frielander. I feel like they disappeared before Claremont even left the New Mutants.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Whatever happened to Tom Corsi and Sharon Frielander. I feel like they disappeared before Claremont even left the New Mutants.
    I'm pretty sure Marvel doesn't want to touch the "white people became Native Americans" idea ever again.

I don't know. I think the idea of Krakoa is really exciting and a fun development, but it just doesn't feel like X-men to me. They don't feel like a family any more, and I don't see any way to rectify that. Relationships are just not something that work well in the X-men as a government.

On the other hand, I think back-pedaling from this would be a really bad idea, so hopefully someone can come up with a way to further push the characters into something that feels more like the X-men but also pushes them to new heights.

My preference is something like the Outback team or any kind of "mutants on the run" idea.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Pretty sure Frenzy killed Sharon Frielander in the 90`s. Not very dipomatic of her.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I don't know. I think the idea of Krakoa is really exciting and a fun development, but it just doesn't feel like X-men to me. They don't feel like a family any more, and I don't see any way to rectify that. Relationships are just not something that work well in the X-men as a government.

On the other hand, I think back-pedaling from this would be a really bad idea, so hopefully someone can come up with a way to further push the characters into something that feels more like the X-men but also pushes them to new heights.

My preference is something like the Outback team or any kind of "mutants on the run" idea.
    We already had a "what if the X-men became a family again?" book. It was called X-men Gold. It didn't go well.

Besides, if you want a closer knit team, you already have a X-men team and also New Mutants.

The X-men on the run thing is already done to death, most recently on Matthew Rosenberg's run. Before that, we had X-men on the run from the law in Bendis Uncanny X-men and X-men on the run from the deadly gas that murders them all in Extraordinary X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’m late to this discussion, so if this point has been made please forgive me, but I don’t think it’s a fair comparison to just contrast today with the period immediately prior when considering “status quo.” Because there were times when the preceding status quo was great and felt fresh and innovative, and there were times when it was terrible and stagnant. It all depends on the era and the writing. For me the best contrast of the two would be the Morrison New X-men era, when that was really the flagship and driving the line, versus the Hickman HoX/DoX-into-X-men era, as he was writing X-men which is/was the flagship book. If I’m comparing those two I give the edge to Morrison’s New X-men with concepts like X-Corps and Weapon Plus that really expanded the size and scope of mutant affairs, plus Xavier outing himself finally as a mutant to the world. Having said that, as we go into this next phase of the Krakoan Age it seems that the mutants’ scope is being further enhanced still… first with their own nation-state, which admittedly both Magneto and Cable tried on their own before, but now with their own freaking planet as they’ve colonized Mars and claimed it as their own!

So, in that respect, I’d say the jury is still out and for me personally. I’m loving the Krakoan Age thus far. Sure, it’s had its ups and downs and hits and misses like any period in X-men history, but for this fan it’s been more good than bad. And IMO X-men Red is going to be the book to watch, with Al Ewing tackling big concepts out in space.
    Love this take!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Dolores Ramirez feels most like the old school human allies to me. She also attended the gala.

I need these images ready every time someone is like "the X-Men are all human hating supremacists now!" Cause child... do y'all know supremacists that provide life-saving drugs and aid? Lemme know, cause I'd love for the Klan to start sending me some medical care.