Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Amazing news! It was announced the other day that a Mockingbird prose novel called Mockingbird: Strike Out will be released in June 2023. The book will be written by Maria Lewis and published as part of the Marvel Heroines line by Aconyte books.

More here: https://aconytebooks.com/shop/mockin...y-maria-lewis/

Synopsis:

It's obviously not set in 616, but I'm thrilled that Bobbi will finally be the actual lead in a story again. The synopsis mentions both Clint and Hunter, but I'm curious what other guest stars from the Marvel Universe might show up. Tigra? Black Widow? Either Janet or Nadia? Any other former members of the West Coast Avengers (or even the Great Lakes Avengers)? I can't wait to find out!
    Cool to see Bobbi getting a novel .

In the middle of a messy divorce and then she jaunts off the UK with Lance Hunter. Sorry Clint .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Cool to see Bobbi getting a novel .

In the middle of a messy divorce and then she jaunts off the UK with Lance Hunter. Sorry Clint .
    I wouldn't feel too bad for him, since there's a non-zero chance that they'll be getting back together in the comics in the next few weeks (during the Thunderbolts finale).

Astonishing Member

Amazing news! It was announced the other day that a Mockingbird prose novel called Mockingbird: Strike Out will be released in June 2023. The book will be written by Maria Lewis and published as part of the Marvel Heroines line by Aconyte books.

More here: https://aconytebooks.com/shop/mockin...y-maria-lewis/

Synopsis:

It's obviously not set in 616, but I'm thrilled that Bobbi will finally be the actual lead in a story again. The synopsis mentions both Clint and Hunter, but I'm curious what other guest stars from the Marvel Universe might show up. Tigra? Black Widow? Either Janet or Nadia? Any other former members of the West Coast Avengers (or even the Great Lakes Avengers)? I can't wait to find out!
    Oh my god! That is awesome news!!! Thanks for sharing!

I've wondered for a while now if Mockingbird might get one of these novels (given some of the other ladies who have already been featured), and I have been hopeful for a while now. I am thrilled to see it is finally happening!

As for it not being in 616....well, we'll see. Some other novels have been pulled into the comics continuity before with references in the Official Handbooks and such, if the story and characterization fits well enough. I've only read a couple of the Aconyte Marvel novels so far--but they do seem to make a solid effort to be compatible with continuity. The DARK AVENGERS one and the SQUIRREL GIRL one both fit very well from what I saw, and I would not be surprised if the Handbook crew decided to acknowledge them as canon (or if Ryan North chose to reference the SQUIRREL GIRL novel in future Doreen adventures). On the other hand, the DAZZLER novel clearly did not fit in 616 continuity due to some clear differences from 616 continuity.

Regardless of whether this novel is canon or not, it sounds like it is set back in Bobbi's past--when she had Clint were split up and during a period when she was only a reservist in the WCA. I wonder if this will be showing Bobbi's first time meeting Lance Hunter, or if he'll be someone from her pre-Clint past.

Fingers are still crossed for Bobbi to get a new project in the comics in 2023 as well--but this novel announcement is an excellent first step in the right direction!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Glad that Bobbi is getting something that spotlights her as individual. Really looking forward to reading Mockingbird's novel.

I do hope that she'll get a bigger focus in the comics sometime next year.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Glad that Bobbi is getting something that spotlights her as individual. Really looking forward to reading Mockingbird's novel.

I do hope that she'll get a bigger focus in the comics sometime next year.
    I agree 100% Mockingbird needs more spotlight I was a big fan or her series
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Thunderbolts spoilers: spoilers:
    I was so sure we would get an appearance, and I was especially hoping, since it's the last Wednesday of 2022, that we'd get more Bobbi before the year was out, but alas. On the upside, she was at least offscreen in Thunderbolts #5 in another phone conversation, and we have a huge step forward in her and Clint reconciling on the last page...

...at least, assuming the next person to write them respects it. Relationships fizzling out in between books is a really annoying thing Marvel has been doing a lot lately. America and Ramone, Kate and Johnny, Angela and Sera...Monica and Adam apparently broke up before Photon #1, and Wanda and Jericho have been almost entirely forgotten. I'm hoping that whoever picks up either of these two next decides to strengthen their relationship and not ignore it.
    end of spoilers

Thunderbolts spoilers: spoilers:
    I was so sure we would get an appearance, and I was especially hoping, since it's the last Wednesday of 2022, that we'd get more Bobbi before the year was out, but alas. On the upside, she was at least offscreen in Thunderbolts #5 in another phone conversation, and we have a huge step forward in her and Clint reconciling on the last page...

...at least, assuming the next person to write them respects it. Relationships fizzling out in between books is a really annoying thing Marvel has been doing a lot lately. America and Ramone, Kate and Johnny, Angela and Sera...Monica and Adam apparently broke up before Photon #1, and Wanda and Jericho have been almost entirely forgotten. I'm hoping that whoever picks up either of these two next decides to strengthen their relationship and not ignore it.
    end of spoilers
    Here's hoping!