Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I would have no problem with seeing more of Lance, but I don't see him ever becoming a serious love interest for Bobbi. He's more of a sidekick-with-benefits.

But sure, there's no need to have him disappear into limbo....but him being used also doesn't have to mean no more Clint/Bobbi stuff either. We see Natasha keep working with her various exes at the same time (Clint, Bucky, sometimes Matt), so there's no reason it has to be an either/or situation.

Just for fun I would like to see someone follow up on the Clint/Bobbi/Lance threesome from the final scene of the MOCKINGBIRD series. I doubt that would ever be an ongoing arrangement for them, so I don't expect it to happen again....but it would just be fun to see some sort of acknowledgement of it, since the fact that it was the final scene of the series meant we never got to see any aftermath of it, and we didn't really get any context setting up how it came about either. It just sort of materialized at the finale as a surprise payoff to Bobbi's feelings for Clint and Lance in the earlier issues (and the way they were viewed as interchangeable) with a "why not both?" moment.

I'd like to see a mini series that includes her scientist skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I would have no problem with seeing more of Lance, but I don't see him ever becoming a serious love interest for Bobbi. He's more of a sidekick-with-benefits.

But sure, there's no need to have him disappear into limbo....but him being used also doesn't have to mean no more Clint/Bobbi stuff either. We see Natasha keep working with her various exes at the same time (Clint, Bucky, sometimes Matt), so there's no reason it has to be an either/or situation.

Just for fun I would like to see someone follow up on the Clint/Bobbi/Lance threesome from the final scene of the MOCKINGBIRD series. I doubt that would ever be an ongoing arrangement for them, so I don't expect it to happen again....but it would just be fun to see some sort of acknowledgement of it, since the fact that it was the final scene of the series meant we never got to see any aftermath of it, and we didn't really get any context setting up how it came about either. It just sort of materialized at the finale as a surprise payoff to Bobbi's feelings for Clint and Lance in the earlier issues (and the way they were viewed as interchangeable) with a "why not both?" moment.
    Is Bobbi as manipulative of her exes as Natasha can be? Food for thought...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is Bobbi as manipulative of her exes as Natasha can be? Food for thought...
    I expect not. Although both of them are (former) spies they have quite different backgrounds, with Natasha's more ruthless Red Room training as opposed to Bobbi's SHIELD experience as scientist-turned-field-agent. Natasha tends to be more emotionally distant as a general rule, whereas Bobbi is usually more open. Most of Black Widow's stints as an active Avenger have been fairly short lived, with her expressing a preference for working solo rather than in a team--whereas Mockingbird seems to be quite a team player, and was largely the glue holding the West Coast Avengers together in the early days with so many of the cast struggling with various personal problems. She and Natasha just have really different styles.

That said, we've never really had much of a chance to see Bobbi dealing with exes, apart from Clint--and that particular relationship has its own very particular set of baggage. Other than Clint and Lance, the only other lovers we've seen Bobbi have are Ka-Zar and her 'fiance' Paul Allen. She very rarely has reason to encounter Ka-Zar anymore (at least until they both wound up in the Agents of Wakanda) and he's married now anyway. As for Paul, he's dead--and that "relationship" was a sham anyway; she was assigned to date him in order to spy on him since he was an AIM mole inside SHIELD.

I wouldn't say Natasha is manipulative of her exes, specifically. She manipulates Clint, but that's more indicative of their specific relationship, especially how it began. I don't think she makes it a habit of manipulating Bucky or Matt. I suppose it could be argued that she manipulated Matt by breaking up him and Heather or by bringing Elektra into the picture after his identity was leaked in the Bendis/Maleev run, but in both of those cases, I would say that she was looking out for his wellbeing; it wasn't for her own purposes.

As for Bobbi, she doesn't really have a string of exes to talk about, but she's never shown to be anything but forthright with Clint since they broke up. If the 2016 series does portray her as manipulative, I think that's more a factor of the tone of that particular comic book, rather than a pattern of behavior. It's meant to be comedic, but some people take it literally. (It's actually frustrating sometimes, when people say that they don't like Bobbi because she supposedly drugged Clint when they were together, when there was never a hint of anything like that in the past and it doesn't make any sense outside of the context of the 2016 book.)

When it comes to their non-romantic relationships, Natasha does sometimes manipulate people even when she's on their side—there was Tony in the Waid/Samnee run, and Yelena in that storyline where they switched faces. I think like Dermie said, it's a holdout from her Red Room background. When Natasha was a spy, she knew that her handlers never really had her back, and she couldn't trust anyone but herself. As opposed to Bobbi, who came up through SHIELD, where Fury worried about her when she was off on missions and treated her almost like a daughter at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    What I would lovvvvvve is a miniseries set in the past, starring Bobbi, her mentor Dr. Wilma Calvin, and Ted Sallis (pre-Man-Thing).

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Yeah, that never comes up, except for in Unstoppable Wasp (which she even points out in that book). Everyone thinks she's just a girl who hits things with sticks, oblivious to her other more cerebral talents.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

For those who haven't heard yet, Bobbi appeared (offscreen) in spoilers:
    yesterday's Thunderbolts #3. On the last page, Clint calls her up and asks for help with the Thunderbolts, since things aren't going well with the team. I think we can count on seeing her make a real appearance in next month's issue!
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    yesterday's Thunderbolts #3. On the last page, Clint calls her up and asks for help with the Thunderbolts, since things aren't going well with the team. I think we can count on seeing her make a real appearance in next month's issue!
    end of spoilers
    Nice to hear .

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    end of spoilers
    Loved seeing this. Zub did a really wonderful job with the scene IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Attachment 124545

Would anyone love to see the return of Lance Hunter with Bobbi instead?
    I wasn't a huge fan of him on the show, but I did enjoy the comic version more. I don't mind him sticking around, but really aren't eager to get more either.

Some sort of dream/illusion version of Bobbi appeared in Thunderbolts #4, and it's very good food for the shippers, but it seems that, in "real time," no time has passed since the end of issue #3. So it looks like we'll have to wait until next month to see her for real. That being said, this series is still the most Mockingbird content we've gotten all year (the other contender being a single issue of Amazing Spider-Man), and I recommend it to anyone who isn't already reading it.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I do wish we could at the least get a good Mockingbird mini series. The last one, while not horrible, didn't do her many favors. Her series by writer Cain and Niemczyk was applauded when it debuted, but quickly lost steam and gained some amount of controversy. I would love to see Marvel give her another shot on her own or pair her back with Hawkeye and have them patch it up...they really do belong together.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I do wish we could at the least get a good Mockingbird mini series. The last one, while not horrible, didn't do her many favors. Her series by writer Cain and Niemczyk was applauded when it debuted, but quickly lost steam and gained some amount of controversy. I would love to see Marvel give her another shot on her own or pair her back with Hawkeye and have them patch it up...they really do belong together.
    Same.

I'd love to see Marvel give Bobbi another shot on her own. There's a lot that can be done/explored with Bobbi, and I hate that she's mostly being a support character in other people's book. With SHIELD no longer around, I think it'd be great to see Mockingbird and her W.C.A trying to fill that void.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Same.

I'd love to see Marvel give Bobbi another shot on her own. There's a lot that can be done/explored with Bobbi, and I hate that she's mostly being a support character in other people's book. With SHIELD no longer around, I think it'd be great to see Mockingbird and her W.C.A trying to fill that void.
    That would be pretty cool .

Amazing news! It was announced the other day that a Mockingbird prose novel called Mockingbird: Strike Out will be released in June 2023. The book will be written by Maria Lewis and published as part of the Marvel Heroines line by Aconyte books.

More here: https://aconytebooks.com/shop/mockin...y-maria-lewis/

Synopsis:

S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Bobbi Morse needs to get out of LA. Like, yesterday. With her painful divorce from Hawkeye still being hashed out, Bobbi could do with a new job to take her mind off the mind-numbing mediations. Luckily, an old friend and mentor of Bobbi’s is missing, so a jaunt to the UK might be the perfect distraction.

What Bobbi isn’t anticipating is having to team up with the snarky and handsome Lance Hunter, but her options are limited if she wants to solve this mystery. Someone is trying to recreate and weaponize the original Super-Soldier Serum which could spell global disaster. To save the world, Bobbi will have to face her past, put her problems behind her, and let the Mockingbird take flight.
    It's obviously not set in 616, but I'm thrilled that Bobbi will finally be the actual lead in a story again. The synopsis mentions both Clint and Hunter, but I'm curious what other guest stars from the Marvel Universe might show up. Tigra? Black Widow? Either Janet or Nadia? Any other former members of the West Coast Avengers (or even the Great Lakes Avengers)? I can't wait to find out!