Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    It was a surprise to see her connection with Peter Parker being brought up again, but it was definitely nice to see Mockingbird finally get some panel time again! Here's hoping for bigger and better soon!
    Not that I have fond memories of it, but it is still a thing that happened .

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post

Just a little something I worked on. I loved Adrianne as Bobbi and wanted to give her a comics-accurate look. I wish Bobbi was more exposed and included in shows, movies, games, comics, etc.
    I

LOVE

This.

I wrote a whole TV pilot for Adrienne as Bobbi.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I kind of figured that it would never be brought up again, kind of like Spidey's date with Carol. He has so many actual supporting characters in his lore that there's no need to take superheroes from other corners of the Marvel Universe and make them regulars in his book.

Not that I'm complaining! It was, of course, a treat to see her.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    I kind of figured that it would never be brought up again, kind of like Spidey's date with Carol. He has so many actual supporting characters in his lore that there's no need to take superheroes from other corners of the Marvel Universe and make them regulars in his book.

Huh, weird that they're both blondes.

Astonishing Member

Oh, absolutely it is -- I just didn't expect it to come up again. Its not like they were a long term couple that made a strong impression.

Like with Black Widow -- people bring up her relationships with Hawkeye, Daredevil and Winter Soldier...but they don't tend to bring up that she dated Hercules for a while, or that she had a fling with Tony Stark. With Hawkeye, people look back on his relationships with Bobbi, Natasha and Moonstone...his brief dalliances with Echo and Wasp, not so much (in fact, the Wasp one people generally try to forget entirely).

Yeah, I actually enjoyed Mockingbird's stint as a supporting character in the Spidey book since it gave her somewhere else to appear on a semi-regular basis. I've just always been a bit disappointed at the rushed off-panel break-up they had. Particularly the "we've got nothing in common besides heroics" reason, given that the both of them are scientists -- they actually have more in common than either of them have had with some of the other past relationships. Not that I wanted or expected the two of them to last as a serious couple, long-term...but the way it ended just didn't feel right.

I am glad to see that they have stayed friends since then though.

Huh, weird that they're both blondes.
    Not that weird. Peter has plenty of other blondes in his history of girlfriends and love interests. Gwen Stacy. Debra Whitman. Cissy Ironwood. Liz Allen. Johnny Storm (kidding...).

Peter Parker's love interests don't tend to easily fall into a physical "type", at least not in terms of things like hair colour -- MJ's a redhead; Felicia has white hair; Betty Brant and Carlie Cooper were brunette; he's been involved with a few women with black hair (like Lian Tang or Silk), etc.

Astonishing Member

Kasia Nie (aka Kate Niemczyk), the excellent artist of Bobbi's short-lived solo series, is going to be working on a WASP miniseries with Al Ewing, starring Janet Van Dyne and also featuring Nadia Van Dyne!

Given Bobbi's connections to both Jan and Nadia (as a supporting character in Nadia's solo book) and the artist's history with Bobbi -- dare we hope for Mockingbird to at least get a cameo in WASP??

Maybe. I could see Bobbi being left to look after the rest of GIRL while Janet and Nadia go off on their adventure.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Kasia Nie (aka Kate Niemczyk), the excellent artist of Bobbi's short-lived solo series, is going to be working on a WASP miniseries with Al Ewing, starring Janet Van Dyne and also featuring Nadia Van Dyne!

Given Bobbi's connections to both Jan and Nadia (as a supporting character in Nadia's solo book) and the artist's history with Bobbi -- dare we hope for Mockingbird to at least get a cameo in WASP??
    Oh wow! It's about time. I'm excited enough for Jan to get a solo book, and I wouldn't be surprised by a GIRL cameo that includes Bobbi. I'd love for Bobbi to have an actual guest starring role, but that would be getting my hopes up.

Bobbi didn't actually appear in any issues today, but she was mentioned in Thunderbolts #1 in a way that teases that she might show up at some point?

Bobbi didn't actually appear in any issues today, but she was mentioned in Thunderbolts #1 in a way that teases that she might show up at some point?
    That would be neat since Clint's in it .

Astonishing Member

I would love to see her (and Zub is fond of her--he's used her before), but I wouldn't count on seeing her in the first five issues. Or at least not for anything bigger than a cameo. If the series ends up getting extended into an ongoing, I wouldn't be surprised if he brings her in at some point though.

If it gets extended past #5, Monica's going to need replacing on the team due to her Photon solo launching. But Bobbi wouldn't fit the same niche that the marketing lady wants.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If it gets extended past #5, Monica's going to need replacing on the team due to her Photon solo launching. But Bobbi wouldn't fit the same niche that the marketing lady wants.
    Since PHOTON is a miniseries its premature to say that Monica would need to be replaced on team. The miniseries can easily take place between issues of the team book.

Even if PHOTON were an ongoing book it wouldn't automatically impact Monica's role in the T-Bolts. Captain America, Iron Man, Thor and Captain Marvel all have their own ongoing solo books right now and yet are still active members in the AVENGERS book. Wolverine has an ongoing solo and is a regular member of X-FORCE. Having a solo book doesn't disqualify someone from being on a team.

If the mini has her decide to stay out in space on an ongoing basis or something, then yes, that would interfere with her role in T-BOLTS. But its way too soon to jump to a conclusion like that with the limited info we have so far.

Mighty Member

RCO007.jpg

Would anyone love to see the return of Lance Hunter with Bobbi instead?

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    RCO007.jpg

Would anyone love to see the return of Lance Hunter with Bobbi instead?
    It always felt too much like TV synergy to me.

Although I appreciated how Cain (a female writer) felt no shame in depicting Bobbi's sexuality .