Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
This is what made me stop reading his Avengers and FF at some point - man has great story ideas, but everything is so CLINICAL. I feel like he's improved, but he's still not actually *good* at writing natural human interactions, look how cringe his Summers family X-Men issues were.

Also your Moira/Madelyne comparison is a good one...honestly I'm still salty about Madelyne, she was such an important character in the Outback days and then overnight she got turned into a cartoon supervillain. Moira's the same; I do actually love the Krakoa era, it's invigorated my interest in the X-books, but I hate that they had to destroy Moira to do it and it's kind of worrying that it's okay for female supporting characters to get completely screwed over in service of some dude's grand story idea (Sharon Friedlander and Karima Shapindur say hi)
Honestly, Moira got it worse than Maddie. Maddie was around for only a short while (relatively) and basically doomed the minute Jean came back. Moira's basic character was around for over forty years (yes, I'm counting the time she was dead, if Gwen Stacy was revealed to be alive and a mutant and everything about her a lie I'd say the same thing), and there was basically nothing that made editorial want her gone other than her being a human that was actually nice.