Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18586465666768
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1020
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I also hate whats going on between Moira and Xavier now. They used to be so close.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I also hate whats going on between Moira and Xavier now. They used to be so close.
    Literally. He used to be inside of her

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Are you talking about them doing it? Or telepathically?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Love me some Moira seX
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

I am hoping the character makes it out of Fall of X alive. I heard rumors that the robot version will be destroyed, but hoping they resurrected the actual flesh version. When they de-activated her powers and made her "human", Cerebro should technically have picked up her mind. I don't want to believe Moira will just be dead again without some kind of redemption arc.

Most of my favorite characters were utterly destroyed during the Krakoan era...Emma Frost, Moira, Betsy Braddock, Sage, Apocalypse, etc. I need a win!

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Hickman doeant like continuity. Established i FF and n Avengers runs. The set uo made no sense. N if t h is n s Mria 19th life ad Xavior and Mageto knew her powers the hid it well and to pretended to be enemies waiting for Krakoa. Idont like the last years on X-men books. The Krakoa era imo wasntt good
    X-Men Forever

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Hickman doeant like continuity. Established i FF and n Avengers runs. The set uo made no sense. N if t h is n s Mria 19th life ad Xavior and Mageto knew her powers the hid it well and to pretended to be enemies waiting for Krakoa. Idont like the last years on X-men books. The Krakoa era imo wasntt good
    True. Krakoa was a mistake

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    True. Krakoa was a mistake
    I wouldn't go that far, but using Moira was only used as a linchpin to stroke Hickman's own ego.

"Everything you knew was wrong until now!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Right this isn't Moria the true Moria was killed by Mystique curring the Legecy Virus. I wish Xavior had killed Moriana restarted the time line and eatssrd Moria knowledge of being s Mutant lol.
    Apparently that was a Shiar construct, not the real Moira

Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

People don't understand what Hickman tried to do with characters like Moira, Doug Ramsey, Goldballs/Egg...he literally took characters who were somewhat innocuous (in terms of powerset) and transformed them into powerful "main characters" with a purpose. The entire Krakoan era started off with the elevation of many underused or poorly realized characters in the X-Men universe.

Sadly, due to an awful editor, and some mediocre writers and talentless diversity hires the entire era crashed and burned immediately after Hickman left. Characters like those mentioned above, especially Moira, had to be handled with a bit of care and nuance, something absent in the skill sets of most of the writers who took over after Hickman left. Only Gillen was able to keep some of that nuance and character work (IMO).

Amazing Member

Making Moira a mutant was a mistake. Her whole story before she died was that she was the X-Men's greatest non-mutant ally. Someone who was brilliant, and her life was affected by mutants - having one as her own son who she could not save - but she cared not for her own personal sake but for those she cared for with her great compassion. Now she is a grand manipulator, and it makes every action she did before suspect.

I liked the Krakoa idea, but I don't think it needed such a strange character change.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Nycroft View Post
    People don't understand what Hickman tried to do with characters like Moira, Doug Ramsey, Goldballs/Egg...he literally took characters who were somewhat innocuous (in terms of powerset) and transformed them into powerful "main characters" with a purpose. The entire Krakoan era started off with the elevation of many underused or poorly realized characters in the X-Men universe.
    Doesn't work for Moira by making her a completely different character.

Sadly, due to an awful editor, and some mediocre writers and talentless diversity hires the entire era crashed and burned immediately after Hickman left. Characters like those mentioned above, especially Moira, had to be handled with a bit of care and nuance, something absent in the skill sets of most of the writers who took over after Hickman left. Only Gillen was able to keep some of that nuance and character work (IMO).

what hickman did with the characters was very good he made them interesting especially the five, the mutant circuit and the omegas now taken up in the next era and in x-men'97

it was Percy who completely ruined Moira then after the departure of Hickman the mutants started to be written again as before Krakoa with fall of x return to genocide, to hatred and fear and the destruction of their home, it's is the kind of story we've read before.

Krakoa declined in quality as soon as the screenwriters began to return to the mediocre era in which Marvel had locked up the mutants and which they returned to in July with the "new brevoort era".

Ultimate Member

At least with Moira, he took one character and utterly replaced her with another. Ignorant or not caring of the terrible implication, while robbing the X-Men themselves of agency.

You list 3 characters that Hickman uplifted, but Doug was already pretty popular, Moira's been destroyed as a character and Egg just happens to be...there.

"The entire Krakoan era started off with the elevation of many underused or poorly realized characters in the X-Men universe."

...like who?

The Quiet Council were all popular and existing characters. So were most of he X-Men characters that he used. What third stringers did he uplift?

I do appreciate that he resurrected a bunch of characters, but most were just there, of little consequence.

Hickman wanted to do a mutant vs. machine plotline, and just railroaded everything to get there.