Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Is the an ally of the X-men? Then she HAS to be a mutant.
    She's no longer a mutant? Well, then she can't be an ally of the X-men anymore!
    X-Men: All powers matter!

*Moira loses powers*

X-Men: Get lost, bitch

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Seems to me you can't really do so without overcomplicating Moira's power.
    If you think this is complicated then watch the TV series "Dark" on Netflix. After watching that I find it's easier to get my head round all of the Moira stuff.

Actually, now that I think about it, didn't Moira die and the AoA timeline continued? I thought the previous timeline got deleted whenever she reset.
    AoA Moira is an alternate version who is not a mutant. Voilà, problem solved !

Also, the story in Unlimited is probably Xavier's Nightmare-induced nightmare so it doesn't have to fit the continuity.
    (Also also, I hated the later AoA stories except strangely the mini with the humans which was REALLY good)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    AoA Moira is an alternate version who is not a mutant. Voilà, problem solved !
    Firstly, AoA was the 616 timeline altered, only getting split off at the end. Hence why there was a huge deal over the M'Krann crystal not getting fixed by Jean and putting the multiverse in danger (not to mention the fact that it explicitly diverged when Legion killed Charles, which was set after he and Moira would have met in the park).

Second, seems weird to say "AoA wasn't a mutant" when the whole thing is explicitly about "this story says AoA was a mutant all along.

Thirdly, fair enough, but until we reach the end and it's confirmed or given a "maybe yes maybe no" handwave, I'm still calling it as I see it.
    Last edited by LordUltimus; 12-14-2022 at 11:16 AM.

The unlimited thingie is a alternate take of AOA and HOX

and in the beggining it shows the "Classic AOA Moira"

Also she is much less angry and coconuts she just die one time. so 90% nuttyness than "our Moira".

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    The unlimited thingie is a alternate take of AOA and HOX

and in the beggining it shows the "Classic AOA Moira"

Also she is much less angry and coconuts she just die one time. so 90% nuttyness than "our Moira".
    I mean, yeah, that's kind of my point? It doesn't work with what we've seen about how AOA and HOX worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Houseofhick View Post
    If you think this is complicated then watch the TV series "Dark" on Netflix. After watching that I find it's easier to get my head round all of the Moira stuff.
    Don't really think "this other thing is even more complicated" is the winning argument you think it is, man.

Spectacular Member

Don't really think "this other thing is even more complicated" is the winning argument you think it is, man.
    What argument?
    I'm not a man
    I understand it

Quote Originally Posted by Houseofhick View Post
    What argument?
    I'm not a man
    I understand it
    Sorry, that came across as harsh.

Easy

AOA Moira didnt know she was a mutant when she did all the AOA things she did.

Then she dies, come backs and AOA still happen just that she knows she is a mutant and etc

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Easy

AOA Moira didnt know she was a mutant when she did all the AOA things she did.

Then she dies, come backs and AOA still happen just that she knows she is a mutant and etc
    Doesn't explain how it continued after she died, nor does it explain the fact that the divergence point was after Moira would have had started her tenth life.
    Last edited by LordUltimus; 12-15-2022 at 08:42 AM.

Firstly, AoA was the 616 timeline altered, only getting split off at the end. Hence why there was a huge deal over the M'Krann crystal not getting fixed by Jean and putting the multiverse in danger (not to mention the fact that it explicitly diverged when Legion killed Charles, which was set after he and Moira would have met in the park).

Second, seems weird to say "AoA wasn't a mutant" when the whole thing is explicitly about "this story says AoA was a mutant all along.

Thirdly, fair enough, but until we reach the end and it's confirmed or given a "maybe yes maybe no" handwave, I'm still calling it as I see it.
    Ah that's true, Moira was already living at that time, completely forgot XD Then I got nothing. Maybe she experimented antimutant technology and zapped herself with a "cure" gun that then got destroyed by Apocalypse. I'll go with that one.
    (I'm betting on this story being Nightmare's realm, as he attacked Xavier in the first issue, then Xavier lost consciousness and "woke up" in this world. Will not complain about the incoherency before the story is fginished XD )

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Ah that's true, Moira was already living at that time, completely forgot XD Then I got nothing. Maybe she experimented antimutant technology and zapped herself with a "cure" gun that then got destroyed by Apocalypse. I'll go with that one.
    (I'm betting on this story being Nightmare's realm, as he attacked Xavier in the first issue, then Xavier lost consciousness and "woke up" in this world. Will not complain about the incoherency before the story is fginished XD )
    How would it reboot if she got cured?

And nope, turns out it was a real alternate reality, with Moiraneto getting teased at meeting RoboMoira.

I miss the young Moira
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Ya know, logistics aside, what annoys me the most about old Moira vs new Moira is that the change basically leans heavily into tribalism.

The old Moira was a paragon of empathy and understanding. Even after her death, she was unique in that role.

The new Moira? Despite all the lip service about her being an important mutant, all she ever was was a plot devise that could have been accomplished any other number of ways.

And human she remained, powers or not, with all her acts of empathy removed, as she acts to tear down the ethno state.
    Rather than tribalism, I would say “essentialism”: people’s actions are determined by who they are, they are not the result of their history.

The Old Moira was an ally of the X-men because she had been learning to love them. The fact she was a mutant or a human had nothing to do with it. Past authors hightlighted the importance of feelings.

In this era, alliances are based on who the people are… It’s rather cold.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe