Page 61 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Retcon, the SK never truly left Moira after the Muir Island Saga. A small piece of him lay dormant in her until they were reunited upon Farouk coming to Krakoa which awakened the SK within Moira. During Inferno he exerted full negative influence on her up to the point that she died. The current A.I. Moira X is not the true Moira but merely an A.I. programmed by Orchis in her likeness
    Or more easy!

A Alternate reality Moira comes to prime reality after being the last mutant and living person in her universe.

Furious at the dead of every live of the universe searchs a earth withouth "Her" to come. Not knowing that in this earth we have a "Moira" but that Moira is a "RoboMonster"

So we have a Future good Moira and Present Evil Robo Moira.

When Hickman made Moira a mutant and gave her that strange power, I wasn't very pleased. But I was glad to see the character again, as she was one of my favorite X-characters. Also, I gave it a full pass because it was the beginning of his run and it seemed like he was going to explore it and it would be important to his plot.

So HoxPox passed, we didn't get the Moira title and not one title focused on explaining more her powers and motivations (not even Hickman's own title, more concerned with geriatric enemies or Vulcan or whatever). She was hiding in the bunker the whole time and had few appearances where Charles and Erik were screwing her over.

Inferno came and while I think it was a well written story, it was the end of Mutant-Moira and the beginning of Enemy-Moira. I was like "oh...okay?", kind of disapointed we didn't even explored her powers and motivations before she not being a mutant again. The motivation of Enemy-Moira, the Cure Solution, was very off beat. I still don't get it if it was her plan all along or what caused such a sudden change.

Talking about sudden change, Percy came along and the cancer and all that. We ended up with Robot-Moira that simply wants to burn Krakoa because... reasons? All her appearences have been ridiculous and the Banshee-skin incident is a mock of both characters.

It's funny that whenever a fan points out the seemingly lack of planning and sudden changes that don't make sense of the character, the writers and JDW respond very cynically. No, I'm not a nostalgic fat nerd, nor am I still pissed about Hickman leaving. I just don't like what has been done to the character.

In fact, making her mutant then a enemy that wants to cure every mutation then a generic omegasentinel is one of the greatest character assassination in the history of Marvel. Yeah, I know she was dead for years and not even an important character to begin with, but I liked her and just want Moira to be treated with respect.

Extraordinary Member

It’s funny knowing the Moira retcon.
    Even knowing about her 9 past lives, she ended up marrying Trask in the Age of Apocalypse reality.

Ah. Finally current! For the most part.

A few thoughts. I think it's terrible to pull a "I didn't see fandom for this character until now" line. You have to doggedly profess love for every supporting character in every work of fiction you enjoy or else it's OK for anything to happen to them? Which will not keep them safe anyway because there isn't a single character that can't be retconed. So this wall we are expected to erect around them won't work anyway. Apparently we must watch over their fictional grave as well.

I only know Moria from a handful of runs and her appearances outside the comics. She even made it into those mostly lousy live action X-Men movies. She always seemed really freaking cool. If she hadn't been dead for twenty years, she probably would have had a bigger fandom. Might not have been much bigger, but probably decent for a supporting cast character.

In the last Mortal Kombat game they decided to retcon one of my favorite characters. Sindel. I hate everything about it. I hope they go back on it. But if they don't, and I still enjoy other things about the series(not liking much of what they are doing with the next game) I will just focus on other things. I don't think I've ever really had a problem with people liking the new version of Sindel. I just continue to profess my preference for the original.

In general, I really don't like when supporting cast human characters get turned into super heroes. I like the down to earth support network they provide and occasional sources of stress for the cape types. That said, I did find the Moria retcon interesting at first. Now she's just crazy. And I will be honest, I would have to re read everything because I don't remember what exactly the reason for it was suppose to be.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Might be the copium talking, but the recent Dominion stuff makes me wonder it it's an "out" for Moira X.

Incredible Member

I'm curious, has any writer in this current era tried to explore Banshee/Moira? But does anyone find it strange how Sean is completely forgotten in the current comics and doesn't have any important role?

Ultimate Member

This is the problem with modern comics.

Since neither Rahne nor Sean are 1rst string characters, we're unlikely to see their reactions.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    There was a nod to their relationship when Moira killed Sean to wear his skin and get into Krakoa.
    WTF?!!! I guess this is where the deconstruction of comic book stories has led. Good reason to not be reading current comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    I'm curious, has any writer in this current era tried to explore Banshee/Moira? But does anyone find it strange how Sean is completely forgotten in the current comics and doesn't have any important role?
    Not really. Banshee hasnt played a significant role in X-men comics the original X-Corporation story over 20 years ago. Given the context that Moira has lived for hundreds of years and has had a higher hidden purpose, the time spent with him was rather minor and overall meaningless to her

Astonishing Member

Honestly I always just chalked it up to the dark undertones Hickman put in the comics to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not really. Banshee hasnt played a significant role in X-men comics the original X-Corporation story over 20 years ago. Given the context that Moira has lived for hundreds of years and has had a higher hidden purpose, the time spent with him was rather minor and overall meaningless to her
    Yeah, that's kind of the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FY_5guEYuY

My man's got a theory for you. Whole video is interesting but to get to the part that pertains to Moira it's at about 8:47.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    WTF?!!! I guess this is where the deconstruction of comic book stories has led. Good reason to not be reading current comics.
    Now that you mention it -- It "would" have made more sense if Moria-X (MacTaggert) had murdered her son Kevin and Fabio Medina first instead of Jean Grey thus halting the Resurrection Protacals in its tracks.

Last edited by Micabe; 01-11-2024 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Link(s) added.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Or more easy!

A Alternate reality Moira comes to prime reality after being the last mutant and living person in her universe.
    Hickman is awfully lucky that in an infinite multiverse, not one of the infinite Moiras on any Earth-### has died and reset the multiverse since the 616 Silver Age began. Amazing coincidence!