Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    So basically Moira X is spoilers:
    Shadow King fault?
    end of spoilers
    I'm sure she would be if they let Claremont have his way.

BANNED

Frankly, there's a lot to be missed of the X-Men from decades past to what they are now.

Finally cracked open the Xtreme omnibus and speaking of Moira.

PXL_20221122_012116035.jpgPXL_20221122_012127003.jpg
    PXL_20221122_012147257.jpg
    The first two pages are out of order.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I am utterly convinced uncanny x-men 389 is the memory Xavier removed, the one where he really saw Moira after the invite out with Joe and what type of man he was and he didn't want to be that kind of man moira was obviously with for her reasons. Also i am convinced sinsiter is the teacher they had in college together that illuminated their minds.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Ultimate Member

I'd really rather the entire history of the X-Men be some elaborate hoax, personally

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'd really rather the entire history of the X-Men be some elaborate hoax, personally
    Isn't that what it is now?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Precisely!
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

I will love when the thing goes public.

Ultimate Member

It is, sadly. I meant to type "I'd rather NOT have x history be an elaborate hoax."

I think I also miss the old Moira, but not necessarily the OLD, old human Moira, although I really liked her too.

But, squinting hard to accept Hickman's retcon and just go along with it... I think he recreated Moira into a fascinating character, equal in importance to Xavier and Magneto and ripe for exploration. I find myself missing this latter Moira. Now there's really no point in exploring her POV anymore, get a glimpe into all the other lives she lived and the experiences that shaped her. Because she's an evil robot lady who's casually cruel to anyone and intent on bringing about the end of all mutants while twirling her moustache. What a waste.

I think I also miss the old Moira, but not necessarily the OLD, old human Moira, although I really liked her too.

But, squinting hard to accept Hickman's retcon and just go along with it... I think he recreated Moira into a fascinating character, equal in importance to Xavier and Magneto and ripe for exploration. I find myself missing this latter Moira. Now there's really no point in exploring her POV anymore, get a glimpe into all the other lives she lived and the experiences that shaped her. Because she's an evil robot lady who's casually cruel to anyone and intent on bringing about the end of all mutants while twirling her moustache. What a waste.
    I couldn't have said that better myself. I don't necessarily miss the old Moira from before Hickman. I do miss the wildly integral and fascinating character Hickman turned her into in the beginning; a woman who did just as much for mutantdom as the men who get all the credit. A woman whose powerset puts the literal weight of the world on her shoulders, and a woman who has lived long enough to feel like she's the only true grownup in any room.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jv565 View Post
    I couldn't have said that better myself. I don't necessarily miss the old Moira from before Hickman. I do miss the wildly integral and fascinating character Hickman turned her into in the beginning; a woman who did just as much for mutantdom as the men who get all the credit. A woman whose powerset puts the literal weight of the world on her shoulders, and a woman who has lived long enough to feel like she's the only true grownup in any room.
    Tbh this makes me feel like it was a big missed opportunity in never having her interact with the other truly long-lived mutant immortals who've had enormous influence on the mutant race for millennia or centuries....Moira vs Selene after the revelation that she's got close to two thousand years of scheming under her own belt...that could've been interesting.

(Its weird to me that people tend to round down when it comes to how long Moira's lived.....most people reference her as having lived a thousand years due to that one lifetime with Year 1000....but it should be way more than that. She lived to a thousand in one lifetime....out of ten. Even if on average she died in her fifties in all her other lifetimes, she should have at least 1500 years of life experience.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Tbh this makes me feel like it was a big missed opportunity in never having her interact with the other truly long-lived mutant immortals who've had enormous influence on the mutant race for millennia or centuries....Moira vs Selene after the revelation that she's got close to two thousand years of scheming under her own belt...that could've been interesting.

(Its weird to me that people tend to round down when it comes to how long Moira's lived.....most people reference her as having lived a thousand years due to that one lifetime with Year 1000....but it should be way more than that. She lived to a thousand in one lifetime....out of ten. Even if on average she died in her fifties in all her other lifetimes, she should have at least 1500 years of life experience.
    Absolutely. There were some huge missed opportunities here, but hopefully those can be rectified. After all, there are a bunch of Moira clones running around. I'm hoping we can get to a single Moira X who is similar to how she was at the start of all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jv565 View Post
    Problem with that powerset is that it makes her too powerful, at least from on ongoing shared universe perspective. It means that readers constantly have to keep track of her to see if the universe is about to get rebooted or not, thereby overshadowing all other characters we're supposed to care about. And when that aspect has been removed from her, she's much less interesting as she no longer has that "universe on her shoulders" aspect.

(And let's face it, writers are never going to allow an icky girl infect the Magneto/Charles relationship with her cooties.)

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post

This is also kind of a problem, since Moira's hardly the only long-lived mutant, so that aspects not so special.

I agree with Hickman's Moira at least have been better than whatever the hell we have now, and if anyone could have sold me on Moira X Al Ewing probably could (seriously, what happened with that book?).
    Last edited by LordUltimus; 11-26-2022 at 02:51 PM.

Incredible Member

The problem is that Hickman took one of the X-mens closest human Allie’s and made her into a god. She’s not a mutant, she’s a god. All of reality resets when she dies. That’s not a mutant power. I can’t stand it.