Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Do . . . do people really do that for any of these characters? It seems a bit extreme. I mean, Skin was one of my two favorite characters from Generation X (Skin and Jubilee), but when he was dead I didn't go around starting petitions and stuff. I just mentioned that he was a favorite and that I missed him from time to time. And when Colossus died to stop the Legacy Virus, I was upset for a couple days, but I certainly didn't rage about the "injustice of it all". Is that the only way in this world to show that you like and miss a comic book character, to go to abosultely ludicrous levels of outrage and community organization?
    Sure, you don't need fans organizing riots or something, but the difference is undeniable to someone like Jean Grey or Cable, the latter of which even had a version around. Moira was just a human supporting character that was liked back in the day, but was gone and mostly forgotten, like characters I compared her to, Jean De Wolff and Captain Stacy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Sure, you don't need fans organizing riots or something, but the difference is undeniable to someone like Jean Grey or Cable, the latter of which even had a version around. Moira was just a human supporting character that was liked back in the day, but was gone and mostly forgotten, like characters I compared her to, Jean De Wolff and Captain Stacy.
    I'm pretty sure if you brought them back from the dead and retconned their entire characters, people who remembered and liked the old versions wouldn't exactly be happy over it.

Do . . . do people really do that for any of these characters? It seems a bit extreme. I mean, Skin was one of my two favorite characters from Generation X (Skin and Jubilee), but when he was dead I didn't go around starting petitions and stuff. I just mentioned that he was a favorite and that I missed him from time to time. And when Colossus died to stop the Legacy Virus, I was upset for a couple days, but I certainly didn't rage about the "injustice of it all". Is that the only way in this world to show that you like and miss a comic book character, to go to abosultely ludicrous levels of outrage and community organization?
    You've never heard of H.E.A.T. have you?

I would have preferred she remained dead over this. And so what? People are allowed to change their minds. Maybe they didn't care before, but now they do. Again, so what? I know for a fact that people here kept saying "PLEASE don't turn the X-Men into Inhumans", and look at how they keep talking about Krakoa now.

Astonishing Member

Has anyone made a parody comic of Black Bolt sueing them for copyright infringement yet actually?

Well, Conan Doyle had to resurrect Sherlock Holmes…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

People do indeed do those things and it works if the characters is big enough. Social media outcries can have an effect too. People just didn’t really care that much about Moira MacTaggert because she was a human supporting character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    You've never heard of H.E.A.T. have you?
    I do. But I thought we all regarded them as less and example and more of a sort of cautionary boogey-man.

BANNED

I guess if Moira gets to a lab she can make the techno virus grow throughout her body. That could fix her cancer problem, and this way she would gain new powers.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I guess if Moira gets to a lab she can make the techno virus grow throughout her body. That could fix her cancer problem, and this way she would gain new powers.
    Christ, give her MORE powers? Then there's barely any point in turning her human.

...Wait, if she turns full robot, does this mean Orchis will welcome her in?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    I'm pretty sure if you brought them back from the dead and retconned their entire characters, people who remembered and liked the old versions wouldn't exactly be happy over it.
    I seem to recall them torturing Gwen Stacy's illegitimate children to death and revealing them to be clones, likely meant to sate the older fans.

So yeah

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Christ, give her MORE powers? Then there's barely any point in turning her human.

...Wait, if she turns full robot, does this mean Orchis will welcome her in?
    Or the techarchy, Warlock’s people could welcome her in. That’s always the ultimate goal of machines/trans humans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I seem to recall them torturing Gwen Stacy's illegitimate children to death and revealing them to be clones, likely meant to sate the older fans.

So yeah
    Stuff like that is why I dropped Spider Man. It’s absurd for Peter to be an eternal teenager and ne’er do well just to satisfy people stuck in the 70s.

I'm pretty sure the Gwen Stacy illegitimate children getting revealed to be clones was actually done to undo the deeply problematic Sins Past.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Gwen Stacy illegitimate children getting revealed to be clones was actually done to undo the deeply problematic Sins Past.
    Yeah, that doesn’t seem comparable considering what Sins Past was